• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the movie bruce almighty

Alien826

No religious beliefs
As I remember Bruce got some of the powers of God, but remained himself in other ways. And that was the point. Most of what he did proved to be disastrous through unintended consequences.

To take your faith healing as an example, what if you healed a child that grew up to be a serial killer?

If it were me, I suspect I would know that I didn't know all the consequences of what I did and would end up doing nothing. Maybe that's why God does so little?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
If were bruce almighty what would you do?I would go around faith healing everyone.:)
I'd bring about End Times and The Rapture for a laugh

Nah, not really. I'd never do that. If I had vast God-like powers with no vast God-like understanding of the consequences of using those powers then I would not use them

What would give me the right to use those powers?

I would only venture to use them having consulted with a great many representatives of humankind and even then only very sparingly

If there is truly a God it would be good were he to conduct himself in such a manner

I think that would be the right thing for God to do, and that it is wrong that he has power without accountabity.....

assuming he exists as such a being, which I doubt

Last edited: