• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question about the 10 sephiroth and our universe (creation)

DanielR

Hi,

the member Levite recommended a list of books not so long ago, and I decided to purchase some of them, since I'm very interested in Kabbalah. I got Gershom Sholem's book about Jewish mysticism, great read so far!

My question would be (there is a chapter about the theosopical teaching of the the Sohar) about the 10 Sephiroth and the universe, is the universe equal to the ten sephiroth (combinations of them) or would one place creation below the Sephirothic tree, like would creation be below Malkuth or Shekinah?

There was a mention of Above world and below world, does this mean the sephirothic tree would be above world and below world would be our physical universe?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my bad English

Levite

Higher and Higher
Hi,

the member Levite recommended a list of books not so long ago, and I decided to purchase some of them, since I'm very interested in Kabbalah. I got Gershom Sholem's book about Jewish mysticism, great read so far!

My question would be (there is a chapter about the theosopical teaching of the the Sohar) about the 10 Sephiroth and the universe, is the universe equal to the ten sephiroth (combinations of them) or would one place creation below the Sephirothic tree, like would creation be below Malkuth or Shekinah?

There was a mention of Above world and below world, does this mean the sephirothic tree would be above world and below world would be our physical universe?

There are different views by different Kabbalists.

The predominate view, I believe, is that the Sefirot represent the pathways by which shefa (the flow of divine energies) associated with different aspects or qualities of God flows into the universe. Therefore, the "outermost edge" of the created universe begins on the other edge of the "lowermost edge" of the Sefirah of Malchut.

As for "Above" and "Below," this most often refers to the higher realities which the Sefirot and Ein Sof occupy, but sometimes in Zoharic Kabbalah can refer to the differences between the Arich Anpin and Ze'er Anpin.

ndh

Hi,

The sephirot are:
1. The way God governs the world.
2. They follow a patern through history, one at a time.
I explain it all on kabbalahfortoday.com