• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about kissing

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you men and women could keep this clean, I'd highly appreciate it. It's not a eros question.

Is there a reason why actors french kiss by one lip?

In other words, instead of a full kiss, actors tug at the bottom lip. I see this in many movies.

Is it sanitary reasons?

Change in acting regulations (lack of better words)?

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe their costar just has bad breath? ;)

I suspect though that it is for health and safety reasons. Besides they have to do multiple takes of everything they do. So it could just be easier to do quickly

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Maybe their costar just has bad breath? ;)

I suspect though that it is for health and safety reasons. Besides they have to do multiple takes of everything they do. So it could just be easier to do quickly

Hmm. I notice it took caught on. I always thought it was somewhat cheering.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a reason why actors french kiss by one lip?

In other words, instead of a full kiss, actors tug at the bottom lip. I see this in many movies.
It is possible that it could even be down to which acting schools they have been to.

By the way did you see the kissing scene in Jumanji2 ?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't understand. Film as in?
Film, digits, videotape or stage, they're actors, performing for an audience.

A standard French kiss is hard to see, it's not sexy or titillating to watch, it doesn't excite the viewers' imagination -- and it's a little gross.

A nibble, on the other hand, is highly visual, titillating, and not gross.