• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Put God on trial!

Is the God of Scripture guilty of crimes against humanity (in your opinion)?

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Could you imagine being an ancient Israelite, and putting babies, pregnant women, and children to the sword because God ordered it!?

Could you imagine going up to terrified , innocent, screaming children, and thrusting your sword/spear into them?

I wouldn't even feel like a man anymore I would feel so low!

The God of the Bible is simply very sick! :(

Even Genghis Khan adopted orphans in the enemy cities he conquered and welcomed POWS into his military to be officers even. It wasn't total scorched earth policies!

I'm so glad I haven't caused a tiny fraction of .01% of the pain and suffering God is responsible!

God sometimes didn't command total exterminations. He occasionally sanctioned taking traumatized virgins (whose family just got violently killed), as sex slaves, condemning them to a lifetime of humiliation and agony!

I'm sorry, running your sword through pregnant women, babies, and children, even in obedience to God, and taking traumatized virgins as sex slaves, is disgusting and disturbing crimes against humanity NO MATTER HOW YOU INTERPRET IT!!!

I think it's extremely sad and wrong that particular God cannot be overthrown, replaced by someone compassionate/generous, and put him on trial for his war crimes, and extreme stinginess in managing graces and exercising omnipotence!

I'm trying to respect this God, as I believe it adds to the powers of my prayers, (and pleases some of the violently raped and murdered girls and suicides I bless and pray for), but when you are dealing with the ugliest war criminal, and greatest cause of misery, disasters, death, destruction, sorrow, and agony in our world, what the hell is there that deserves respect??

Put the greatest criminal there ever was on trial!!!:mad:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The world is extremely sick and extremely starving! Not starving physically but spiritually, starving for truth!

Let's focus on who is the biggest cause of why we are so sick!

I know first hand you can ask God over a thousand times for healing, maturity, and understanding necessary to properly know how to diligently be helping our world and making wise decisions. And keep asking for well over a decade persistently!

I know he could end the confusion and give sound mind to broken confused people. His refusal to, is a huge cause of why the world is so sick and confused.

He's the biggest cause!

He lives in streets paved with Gold with billions worshipping him, and building monuments on earth in his honor worth millions and billions of dollars.

Yet being so ridiculously rich and famous, he watches countless children die of hunger and thirst, refusing to lift a finger to help. Neither is he a friend to countless people who need one! He's gross!

I can't think of anyone who would make me more sick than an omnipotent, all-knowing God, right about now! :(

F1fan

Veteran Member
The world is extremely sick and extremely starving! Not starving physically but spiritually, starving for truth!
Most everyone has truth. But many of these folks have fast food for the soul. They will consume and feel full, but it has little nutrition, and is toxic at higher levels.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Could you imagine being an ancient Israelite, and putting babies, pregnant women, and children to the sword because God ordered it!?

Could you imagine going up to terrified , innocent, screaming children, and thrusting your sword/spear into them?

Even Genghis Khan adopted orphans in the enemy cities he conquered and welcomed POWS into his military to be officers even. It wasn't total scorched earth policies!

I'm so glad I haven't caused a tiny fraction of .01% of the pain and suffering God is responsible!

God sometimes didn't command total exterminations. He occasionally sanctioned taking traumatized virgins (whose family just got violently killed), as sex slaves, condemning them to a lifetime of humiliation and agony!

I'm sorry, running your sword through pregnant women, babies, and children, even in obedience to God, and taking traumatized virgins as sex slaves, is disgusting and disturbing crimes against humanity NO MATTER HOW YOU INTERPRET IT!!!

I think it's extremely sad and wrong that particular God cannot be overthrown, replaced by someone compassionate/generous, and put him on trial for his war crimes, and extreme stinginess in managing graces and exercising omnipotence!

I'm trying to respect this God, as I believe it adds to the powers of my prayers, (and pleases some of the violently raped and murdered girls and suicides I bless and pray for), but when you are dealing with the ugliest war criminal, and greatest cause of misery, disasters, death, destruction, sorrow, and agony in our world, what the hell is there that deserves respect??

All of those children are all still alive.

(Even though the evil city that had been burning many of them in fire in idol sacrifices is gone, erased...nevertheless, ever last child is alive right now... Transported. )

And from this attack also:

The bombing of Dresden was a British-American aerial bombing attack on the city of Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony, during World War II. In four raids between 13 and 15 February 1945, 722 heavy bombers of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) and 527 of the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) dropped more than 3,900 tons of high-explosive bombs and incendiary devices on the city.[1] The bombing and the resulting firestorm destroyed more than 1,600 acres (6.5 km2) of the city centre.[2] An estimated 22,700[3] to 25,000[4] people were killed. Bombing of Dresden in World War II - Wikipedia

The innocent and forgiven from those nights are also all still alive.

And, if you are American, right now, you'll be glad to hear that also these children are all still alive too:

American drone strike in Kabul that killed 10 civilians, including seven children.
No U.S. troops behind a drone strike that killed Afghan civilians will be punished (or not by the U.S. military at least.....)
And to be fair, like any war it has this:
Pentagon Calls Drone Strike Which Killed Afghan Civilians A 'Tragic Mistake'

Even if you
yourself funded that drone strike, whether approving of American drone strikes in general (most of the time) or not...either way, God nevertheless reversed all of those deaths....

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
All of those children are all still alive.

(Even though the evil city that had been burning many of them in fire in idol sacrifices is gone, erased...nevertheless, ever last child is alive right now...)

And from this attack also:

The bombing of Dresden was a British-American aerial bombing attack on the city of Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony, during World War II. In four raids between 13 and 15 February 1945, 722 heavy bombers of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) and 527 of the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) dropped more than 3,900 tons of high-explosive bombs and incendiary devices on the city.[1] The bombing and the resulting firestorm destroyed more than 1,600 acres (6.5 km2) of the city centre.[2] An estimated 22,700[3] to 25,000[4] people were killed. Bombing of Dresden in World War II - Wikipedia

The innocent and forgiven from those nights are also all still alive.

And, if you are American, right now, you'll be glad to hear that also these children are all still alive too:

American drone strike in Kabul that killed 10 civilians, including seven children.
No U.S. troops behind a drone strike that killed Afghan civilians will be punished (or not by the U.S. military at least.....)
And to be fair, like any war it has this:
Pentagon Calls Drone Strike Which Killed Afghan Civilians A 'Tragic Mistake'

Even if you
yourself funded that drone strike, whether approving of American drone strikes in general (most of the time) or not...either way, God nevertheless reversed all of those deaths....
What an absurd and inaccurate post.

halbhh

What an absurd and inaccurate post.
I'd encourage anyone to read it, and since they can in just 20 to 40 seconds. And think for themselves.

Not all will think the same way, of course.

The basic definition of God in the common bible is the He undoes all mortal death of these temporary bodies.

The innocent and the forgiven go to eternal life.

Basic stuff in the common bible.

If you have your own other 'god' you'd rather discuss, just specify that one accurately, and we will consider yours. To help keep accurate track of which one we are discussing, why don't you give it a name. Example: "Xanar" is a pretty good name for a god that kills and then the people are actually dead for real, and not merely transported to a new life. We could talk about Xanar if you really want, but please tell me why Xanar is appealing to you to talk about also, in that case.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Just a human.
Born by two baby adult humans who had sex.

The same life before me. Who live before me. Normally die before me. Teach me.

Humans as humans for humans about humans. Our life. Our want....a holy human life.

Where is God by term a human thinking without preaching allowed?

O earths body the rock.

Did the rock create it's heavens holy Rock?
. yes....but it was evil. As heavens was not holy Rock.

Hot volcanic gases.

Gods evil act.

Do we humans live in gods first hot volcanic gas. Spirit in science. As science says mass and spirit. Mass or a gas?

Answer as one self. A human. All humans. Every human. One self.

How many one selves can think for themself?

Rationally not many anymore. Science history bullied forced indoctrinator.

Who says today in one life one self a human they are right?

The theist scientist.

Well I'm not a theist scientist. I am a natural human first one self living in holy water baptised life oxygenated generated heavens.

One self human thinking.

I love. I cry because my human family is hurt and suffering. I served those who could not tend theirselves. As a healthy just one human invented science that had sacrificed their life.

I knew. I see. I observe. I don't lie theorising. I said I will challenge you theist and I did.

My life then gets attacked by machine owner. Machines built on purpose to destroy life by human theist.

You claim you the scientist intelligent one man

Natural life woman the other one human says you are knowingly an innate liar.

Is your human. Just a human answer looking back over every evil choice you ever made. As just the human.

One has man. Any one human self.

Am I your equal?

Seeing.

Yes. I am human you are human.

Is your just a human answer.

halbhh

Well, if all evil is put on trial, America would do pretty poorly it would seem after the firebombing of Dresden.
The firebombing of Tokyo
Atomic bombs on Hiroshima, Nagasaki.
Or in a more modern context, the tragic mistake of the Kabul drone strike recently in Sept, 2021, which we might have avoided by not firing a missile from the air into a city at a house/driveway.... (only the latest of many such 'tragic accidents' with drones, from which we had plenty of time to learn better....)

But there is Someone who will fairly judge all acts all have done, and forgive those that sincerely repented, and get it right (accurately).

And even reverse all the death. And bring back every child from all of time:
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them! For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
They have a sure-thing: they are already in.

It's us adults that need to do the repentance thing.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Interesting, someone (I hope it's okay to mention) mentioned the Holocaust in a last pm to me , which is interesting, because I checked my pm minutes after group where we read from Doctor Viktor Frankl , death camp survivor's "Man's search for meaning".

I told them interesting coincidence, I just mentioned "put God on trial" online, which the first person I read say "put God on trial" was a Holocaust survivor.

I then mentioned Ellie Weisel in group , and his book "Night" about the Holocaust.

Another person in group said, "I read that book three times. He was very angry at God."

And after discussing the Holocaust in group someone shared a post including the Holocaust.

That might not be merely happening by chance! ;)

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'd encourage anyone to read it, and since they can in just 20 to 40 seconds. And think for themselves.

I read it twice, and think for myself as a non-believer. That's why
your declarations of dead victims still being alive is absurd. You as a believer thinks the dead are not dead, yes? Let's note Christians do not agree with your claim.

Not all will think the same way, of course.
The basic definition of God in the common bible is the He undoes all mortal death of these temporary bodies.

The innocent and the forgiven go to eternal life.

Basic stuff in the common bible.
And not a single fact that supports any of it is true. The facts we do use and rely on for THINKING informs us what you claim is untrue.

If you have your own other 'god' you'd rather discuss, just specify that one accurately, and we will consider yours. To help keep accurate track of which one we are discussing, why don't you give it a name. Example: "Xanar" is a pretty good name for a god that kills and then the people are actually dead for real, and not merely transported to a new life. We could talk about Xanar if you really want, but please tell me why Xanar is appealing to you to talk about also, in that case.
Other gods? If you are so easy to entertain other gods that supposedly inform a believer's judgment then why are you making any claims at all?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, if all evil is put on trial, America would do pretty poorly it would seem after the firebombing of Dresden.
The firebombing of Tokyo
Or in a more modern context, the tragic mistake of the Kabul drone strike recently in Sept, 2021, which we might have avoided by not firing a missile from the air into a city at a house/driveway.... (only the latest of many such 'tragic accidents' with drones, from which we had plenty of time to learn better....)

But there is Someone who will fairly judge all acts all have done, and forgive those that sincerely repented, and get it right (accurately).

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them! For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

American nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the biggest acts of terrorism in history, did not target military targets, left people with blood coming out of ear drums, hair burned off, burns from head to toe, purple sores all over body, radiation sickness, cancer, babies being born without eyeballs....and the horrors go on and on.

God is absolutely responsible for such terror! :(

halbhh

Doctor Viktor Frankl , death camp survivor's "Man's search for meaning".
Frankl is a good writer with good ideas (I use 'is' because I expect he is in another place, even if he doesn't write there).

Interesting, someone (I hope it's okay to mention) mentioned the Holocaust in a last pm to me , which is interesting, because I checked my pm minutes after group where we read from Doctor Viktor Frankl , death camp survivor's "Man's search for meaning".

I told them interesting coincidence, I just mentioned "put God on trial" online, which the first person I read say "put God on trial" was a Holocaust survivor.

I then mentioned Ellie Weisel in group , and his book "Night" about the Holocaust.

Another person in group said, "I read that book three times. He was very angry at God."

And after discussing the Holocaust in group someone shared a post including the Holocaust.

Yeah. Ever read some of the psalms? They have quite a surprising variety of attitudes/tones. Including anger, joy, despair, and much more.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The firebombing of Tokyo

Viktor Frankl is excellent. It really changed my viewpoints about life.

halbhh

American nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the biggest acts of terrorism in history, did not target military targets, left people with blood coming out of ear drums, hair burned off, burns from head to toe, purple sores all over body, radiation sickness, cancer, babies being born without eyeballs....and the horrors go on and on.

It would be fair to say that if even 1 innocent or reformed from wrongdoing human being died a real final death, God would be guilty of a serious wrong.

Murder. Because He could have stopped it.

But, we learn He reverses all mortal death.

So, a god who does not reverse all death is only a hypothetical notion.

More, we get the basic message of the New Testament is that God redeems and forgives any who repent and trust in Christ ('faith' is to trust in God and Christ here), thus in what Christ taught also. And later we read in the new testament we read the same offer was made to the dead who had not heard that gospel offer: For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit. (or for the more full passage, 1Peter 3:18-20, 4:6, with Romans 2:11 and more to show it's general to all)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Frankl is a good writer with good ideas (I use 'is' because I expect he is in another place, even if he doesn't write there).

Yeah. Ever read some of the psalms? They have quite a surprising variety of attitudes/tones. Including anger, joy, despair, and much more.
Indeed! I keep a picture of Viktor Frankl , and the Holocaust survivor who wrote "song of Bernadette" and gave our Lady of Lourdes thanks for saving his life, and keep a picture of Ellie Weisel (which I actually don't recall ever printing or where it came from). I also keep Anne Frank pic in my Honden (room closed off reserved for enshrined Kami).

I am 100% convinced they live on and bless those who remember and bless them! :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It would be fair to say that if even 1 innocent or reformed from wrongdoing human being died a real final death, God would be guilty of a serious wrong. But, that's only a hypothetical notion. The basic message of the New Testament is that God redeems and forgives any who repent and trust in the things Christ taught, trust in Christ, and in the new testament we read the same offer was made to the dead: For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit. (or for the more full passage, 1Peter 3:18-20, 4:6, with Romans 2:11 and more to show it's general to all)
I love the verse about the Gospel preached to the dead and those in prison. Thanks for reminding me. :)

I also like the part in the Creed about Jesus "descended into hell". It gives me hope he can go to hell and bring people out, help them make an escape from Alcatraz prison! ;)

halbhh

I love the verse about the Gospel preached to the dead and those in prison. Thanks for reminding me. :)

I also like the part in the Creed about Jesus "descended into hell". It gives me hope he can go to hell and bring people out, help them make an escape from Alcatraz prison! ;)
Yes, that's so wonderful. So beautiful, that all the dead who'd not yet heard the message of the gospel redemption can get that same redemption if they simply repent of wrongdoing trusting in Christ (which repenting itself feels like such a relief and a joy I've found out :) ).

(for others also reading this those unfamiliar with the offer of salvation to the 'dead', it's in 1rst Peter 3:18-20, 4:6, with further context including Romans ch 2v11, or 2,v6-16 and many additional like things in many places to support the impartiality of God and the offer of salvation to all. I recommend a good modern translation like the NIV, as the one here at RF is often using antiquated wordings)

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever

Let's focus on who is the biggest cause of why we are so sick!

I know first hand you can ask God over a thousand times for healing, maturity, and understanding necessary to properly know how to diligently be helping our world and making wise decisions. And keep asking for well over a decade persistently!

I know he could end the confusion and give sound mind to broken confused people. His refusal to, is a huge cause of why the world is so sick and confused.

He's the biggest cause!

He lives in streets paved with Gold with billions worshipping him, and building monuments on earth in his honor worth millions and billions of dollars.

Yet being so ridiculously rich and famous, he watches countless children die of hunger and thirst, refusing to lift a finger to help. Neither is he a friend to countless people who need one! He's gross!

I can't think of anyone who would make me more sick than an omnipotent, all-knowing God, right about now! :(
Just like Lucifer demonstrated his complete self-exalted INSANITY, created humans do when they think they can make judgements against the Creator.

InChrist

Free4ever

No, the American politicians who dropped the atomic bombs are responsible.