• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purim Questions

rosends

I don't think they're both guilty. See here:
So only Haman is guilty.
I understand why Haman is guilty (at least halachically) but is there a notion about conspiring in halacha? Haman is reported as having gotten in trouble "אשר חשב" because of his plans about what he wanted to do. If Zeresh had the same machshevot ra'ot, why wouldn't she be culpable on some level?

Note 76 of that article seems similarly confused. It quotes Ezra 6:11 (lit'lotav) and translates it as "the king immediately commanded to hang Haman from it" but then says that there is a connection to impalement. The Targum it quotes has yitm'chi (but I don't know the Aramaic word)

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand why Haman is guilty (at least halachically) but is there a notion about conspiring in halacha? Haman is reported as having gotten in trouble "אשר חשב" because of his plans about what he wanted to do. If Zeresh had the same machshevot ra'ot, why wouldn't she be culpable on some level?
The only examples I can think of in terms of conspiring have to do with kings in Tanach, and regnal treachery is a different story. So, not comparable to conspiring against a non-king.