• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pure Mind

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Any thoughts?

I think the moral is that purity is not only an external matter but an internal matter as well. One can shower, put on clean clothing, and visit a temple, but what is in one’s mind the whole time? Any thoughts of supposing oneself superior to others would not be pure. With such thoughts, one does not see God, rather, one sees only oneself.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the moral is that purity is not only an external matter but an internal matter as well. One can shower, put on clean clothing, and visit a temple, but what is in one’s mind the whole time? Any thoughts of supposing oneself superior to others would not be pure. With such thoughts, one does not see God, rather, one sees only oneself.
Nice take on it, and I agree. I wrestle with the state of my mind daily ... and I'm not winning the wrestling match. :confused: