• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PS2 or Gamecube poll

Should I get a PS2 or a GameCube?

• PS2

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • GameCube

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm trying to decide on whether to get a Playstation 2 or a Gamecube, for some classic games. Currently I do play a few Gamecube games I own on a Wii, but since I don't own the Wii, someone else does and lets me use it, I just have access to it when visiting.

Price-wise, either one will cost the same initially, as the same or more money is often wanted for a Playstation 2 Slim than a GameCube, but I will save a bit of money with the Playstation 2 in the long run, as its games are a good 60 percent less expensive on average than the GameCube's games.

Just wondering which you think I should go with.

Other notes: I probably don't want a different system than these two. The very first XBox ever could have been a possibility, sure, but it has clock capacitor issues these days.

Games I want to play on Playstation 2:

Mega Man X7/X8
Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy XII
Monster Rancher
Whatever racing games are good
It seems to have more Harvest Moon games I think, and its last Madden seems to be a year newer than the last GameCube Madden game

Games I would play on GameCube:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Baiten Katos
F-Zero
Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart Double Dash
Zelda

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I'm trying to decide on whether to get a Playstation 2 or a Gamecube, for some classic games. Currently I do play a few Gamecube games I own on a Wii, but since I don't own the Wii, someone else does and lets me use it, I just have access to it when visiting.

Price-wise, either one will cost the same initially, as the same or more money is often wanted for a Playstation 2 Slim than a GameCube, but I will save a bit of money with the Playstation 2 in the long run, as its games are a good 60 percent less expensive on average than the GameCube's games.

Just wondering which you think I should go with.

Other notes: I probably don't want a different system than these two. The very first XBox ever could have been a possibility, sure, but it has clock capacitor issues these days.

Games I want to play on Playstation 2:

Mega Man X7/X8
Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy XII
Monster Rancher
Whatever racing games are good
It seems to have more Harvest Moon games I think, and its last Madden seems to be a year newer than the last GameCube Madden game

Games I would play on GameCube:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Baiten Katos
F-Zero
Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart Double Dash
Zelda

If you intend to play a lot then, in my humble opinion, the Ps 2 without a shadow of doubt.

If you are into Zelda, you can't skip Okami.

If you are into RPGs, there is the Shin Megami Tensei series ( including Digital Saga and Persona ), Final Fantasy X, Tales of the Abyss, Shadow Hearts, Xenosaga, Xenogears...

If you are into racing games then check Burnout 3 and Revenge.

If you are into Mario Sunshine, you can't miss Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

The only significant advantage the Gamecube has is the multiplayer games. Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Smash Bros are really fun to play with your friends.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Ahh man, PS2. That takes me back.
GTA SAN Andreas
God of War
Shadow of the Collossus
Tony Hawk pro skater series
Metal Gear
The Jak series
Ratchet and Clank series
Burnout revenge

Too many to mention.
I have some on my PS4 from the PlayStation store.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
GameCube: You could throw it down a flight of stairs/out of a moving vehicle and still play it.

Case in point, we still have my original GameCube (Gave it to my little brother).

Edit:
Legend of Zelda
Mario Kart
Metroid Prime
F-Zero
Viewtiful Joe
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil
Super Smash Bros