• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proved: Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. is mentioned in the Bible

Dawood Ahmad

Lol its me. Time to debate
Jesus Christ is telling to His Followers, Disciples and Companions
"I have yet many things to say onto you, but ye cannot bear them now, howbeit, when
HE the Spirit of Truth is come,
HE shall guide you into all truth for
HE shall not speak from HIMself and
HE shall say what He shall be told and
HE shall guide you into rest of the truth
HE shall glorify me"

(JHON 16:12-13)
Eight masculine pronouns like He's introducing someone..
Christians say its the Holy Ghost.
Now a question for Christians:
Why Did Jesus p.b.u.h. need to introduce to them the Holy Ghost?
Now let me ask a simple question from them
"When did this spirit of truth come and WHAT THINGS HE TOLD YOU?"

Look at Book of Acts Ch 2, vs 1-47, a Spirit has come but no things new, not at all except a joke of verse 11.

Some Questions posed by Christians

When I tell Christians about this verse, they pose the following questions in attempts to defend their religion. Let me answer them.

1. Was Islamic Prophet S.A.W.A.W a Spirit?

Meaning of Spirit

Lets see the meaning of Spirit. According to oxford dictionary
"Spirit is the non-physical part of Human body; soul"
Now I say He wasn't a spirit but He had a spirit. Simply, spirit of Truth is a symbolical word which mean spirit of Muhammad S.A.W.A.W.

The Biblical Philosophy of Spirit

Bible is using word spirit for other HUMANS:
" This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. " (Jhon 4:2-4)

Now its obvious that a human can be a spirit according to the Bible.

2. Did He glorify Jesus P.B.U.H?
Of course yes... He gloried whole universe, indeed whole universe was created for Him. From beginning to eternity, He'll be glorifying all universe.
In particular, He S.A.W.A.W glorified Jesus PBUH by letting Jesus PBUH be a part of His nation, the Muslims. When Jesus PBUH came to know about the virtues of the greatest and final nation, He, fell in extreme love of Prophet S.A.W.A.W, asked God to be a part of it. God answered His prayer and made Him a part of it. That is why He comes back...

3. Why can't this verse be applied to disciples of Jesus, supposing they later met a spirit?

Because the word disciples is not present in the verse, if you still want to apply it to disciples then

* Apply all Bible to Disciples or
* Sow me word 'disciples' in the verse.

Ask me more about the verse, try to defend your religion, I'm ready to answer....

4. Does this Verse fit to Islamic Prophet S.A.W.A.W?

Of course yes.

1. "Many things.. He shall tell you all truth.."
There are many new things in Islam which are not in Christianity

2. "He shall not speak from himself"
now see the Quran 53:3 "He does not speak from Himself"

Apology
Sorry for not clarifying everything, I'm busy preparing for Exams.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So, you are cherry-picking from the same gospel which declares that:

-Yeshua was crucified (not true in Islam)

-Yeshua calls himself 'I AM' (That is, Yahweh God)

-Yeshua calls God his Father, Abba (not done in Islam)

-Calls Yeshua the ETERNAL Word of God.

Here is Yeshua talking about the same thing in John 14:25:

"These things I have spoken to you while still with you. But the comforter, The Holy Spirit, whom the father will send in my name he shall teach you all things, and cause you to remember all that I said to you."

It is also the Spirit which inspired (this word literally means god breathed, spirited) the writing of the Gospels by the evangelists. That is also what the Holy Spirit did.

You can't just decide which bits suit your theology, to cherry pick them, and leave the rest and call it corrupted.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, Wisdom in the Book of Proverbs is constantly called 'she' and nobody is suggesting that Wisdom is a person, a girl, or a thing physical.

Dawood Ahmad

So, you are cherry-picking from the same gospel which declares that:

-Yeshua was crucified (not true in Islam)

-Yeshua calls himself 'I AM' (That is, Yahweh God)

-Yeshua calls God his Father, Abba (not done in Islam)

-Calls Yeshua the ETERNAL Word of God.

Here is Yeshua talking about the same thing in John 14:25:

"These things I have spoken to you while still with you. But the comforter, The Holy Spirit, whom the father will send in my name he shall teach you all things, and cause you to remember all that I said to you."

It is also the Spirit which inspired (this word literally means god breathed, spirited) the writing of the Gospels by the evangelists. That is also what the Holy Spirit did.

You can't just decide which bits suit your theology, to cherry pick them, and leave the rest and call it corrupted.
Thats what we mean when we say the Bible is corrupted, we mean that its almost totally fabricated. We just take verses that apply to no one else and apply them to Our Beloved Prophet.

For example, if a bread is poisoned almost 70% and you eat it randomly,
1. You either eat poisoned part or
2. You eat the non-poisoned part

Same is the case with Bible. If you see verses randomly, you

1. either get corrupted verses or
2. you get non-corrupted/semi corrupted verses like Jhon 16:12-13

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You can't just say that the non-corrupt verse is about Muhammad and the rest is wrong. If you knew a loaf of bread was poisoned, you would simply refrain from eating the bread full stop.

That said, we have ancient copies of the Gospels from before the time of Muhammad and they are exactly the same as the ancient copies which were written after Muhammad. So when were they 'corrupted' exactly?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, according to your own holy text, the Words of God cannot be changed and are truth:

[Say (O Muhammad)] "Shall I seek a judge other than Allah while it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (The Qur'an), explained in detail." Those unto whom We gave the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] know that it is revealed from your Lord in truth. So be not you of those who doubt. And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can change His Words. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. S. 6:114-115 Hilali-Khan

And recite what has been revealed to you (O Muhammad) of the Book (the Qur'an) of your Lord (i.e. recite it, understand and follow its teachings and act on its orders and preach it to men). None can change His Words, and none will you find as a refuge other than Him. S. 18:27 Hilali-Khan

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Jesus Christ is telling to His Followers, Disciples and Companions
"I have yet many things to say onto you, but ye cannot bear them now, howbeit, when
HE the Spirit of Truth is come,
HE shall guide you into all truth for
HE shall not speak from HIMself and
HE shall say what He shall be told and
HE shall guide you into rest of the truth
HE shall glorify me"

(JHON 16:12-13)
Eight masculine pronouns like He's introducing someone..
Christians say its the Holy Ghost.
Now a question for Christians:
Why Did Jesus p.b.u.h. need to introduce to them the Holy Ghost?
Now let me ask a simple question from them
"When did this spirit of truth come and WHAT THINGS HE TOLD YOU?"

Look at Book of Acts Ch 2, vs 1-47, a Spirit has come but no things new, not at all except a joke of verse 11.

Some Questions posed by Christians

When I tell Christians about this verse, they pose the following questions in attempts to defend their religion. Let me answer them.

1. Was Islamic Prophet S.A.W.A.W a Spirit?

Meaning of Spirit

Lets see the meaning of Spirit. According to oxford dictionary
"Spirit is the non-physical part of Human body; soul"
Now I say He wasn't a spirit but He had a spirit. Simply, spirit of Truth is a symbolical word which mean spirit of Muhammad S.A.W.A.W.

The Biblical Philosophy of Spirit

Bible is using word spirit for other HUMANS:
" This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. " (Jhon 4:2-4)

Now its obvious that a human can be a spirit according to the Bible.

2. Did He glorify Jesus P.B.U.H?
Of course yes... He gloried whole universe, indeed whole universe was created for Him. From beginning to eternity, He'll be glorifying all universe.
In particular, He S.A.W.A.W glorified Jesus PBUH by letting Jesus PBUH be a part of His nation, the Muslims. When Jesus PBUH came to know about the virtues of the greatest and final nation, He, fell in extreme love of Prophet S.A.W.A.W, asked God to be a part of it. God answered His prayer and made Him a part of it. That is why He comes back...

3. Why can't this verse be applied to disciples of Jesus, supposing they later met a spirit?

Because the word disciples is not present in the verse, if you still want to apply it to disciples then

* Apply all Bible to Disciples or
* Sow me word 'disciples' in the verse.

Ask me more about the verse, try to defend your religion, I'm ready to answer....

4. Does this Verse fit to Islamic Prophet S.A.W.A.W?

Of course yes.

1. "Many things.. He shall tell you all truth.."
There are many new things in Islam which are not in Christianity

2. "He shall not speak from himself"
now see the Quran 53:3 "He does not speak from Himself"

Apology
Sorry for not clarifying everything, I'm busy preparing for Exams.
Couldn't all of these things be said of any man classified as a prophet? I'm not sure why you think this would apply to Muhammad more so than any other supposed prophet preaching what Jesus taught.

Dawood Ahmad

You can't just say that the non-corrupt verse is about Muhammad and the rest is wrong. If you knew a loaf of bread was poisoned, you would simply refrain from eating the bread full stop.

That said, we have ancient copies of the Gospels from before the time of Muhammad and they are exactly the same as the ancient copies which were written after Muhammad. So when were they 'corrupted' exactly?

I'm saying, the verses which apply to no one else and apply only to Muhammad S.A.W. are true. And if a bread is poisoned (mean Bible is poisoned), you
* can't eat it - you can't practice the Bible
* can understand how it got poisoned - you can study the Bible

The ancient copies of Gospels are not handwritten by Jesus Christ

Last edited by a moderator:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I'm saying, the verses which apply to no one else and apply only to Muhammad S.A.W. are true. And if a bread is poisoned (mean Bible is poisoned), you
* can't eat it - you can't prectice the Bible
* can understand how it got poisoned - you can study the Bible

The ancient copies of Gospels are not handwritten by Jesus Christ
But, the Hadith was not written by Muhammad. And the Quraan was not written by Allah. There should be inherent doubt in all scriptural sources.

Dawood Ahmad

Also, according to your own holy text, the Words of God cannot be changed and are truth:

[Say (O Muhammad)] "Shall I seek a judge other than Allah while it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (The Qur'an), explained in detail." Those unto whom We gave the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] know that it is revealed from your Lord in truth. So be not you of those who doubt. And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can change His Words. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. S. 6:114-115 Hilali-Khan

And recite what has been revealed to you (O Muhammad) of the Book (the Qur'an) of your Lord (i.e. recite it, understand and follow its teachings and act on its orders and preach it to men). None can change His Words, and none will you find as a refuge other than Him. S. 18:27 Hilali-Khan

According to Quran the word of God can't be changed, I agree. But Quran is valid only for the last 14 centuries and the time that has to come. Quran can't be applied to the older time before Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Where ever Quran uses present tense, it means time of Muahammd S.A.W. or after the time of Muhammad S.A.W. It is pretty simply if you look at things categorically.

Couldn't all of these things be said of any man classified as a prophet? I'm not sure why you think this would apply to Muhammad more so than any other supposed prophet preaching what Jesus taught.

No Sir, because no Prophet has come after Jesus P.B.U.H with so many new things.

Dawood Ahmad

But, the Hadith was not written by Muhammad. And the Quran was not written by Allah. There should be inherent doubt in all scriptural sources.

Hadith was not written by Muhammad S.A.W. but there are no doubts about its authenticity, I can prove that all Sahih hadith are authentic. And we have a Quran handwritten from Usman A.S.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
According to Quran the word of God can't be changed, I agree. But Quran is valid only for the last 14 centuries and the time that has to come. Quran can't be applied to the older time before Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Where ever Quran uses present tense, it means time of Muahammd S.A.W. or after the time of Muhammad S.A.W. It is pretty simply if you look at things categorically.

No Sir, because no Prophet has come after Jesus P.B.U.H with so many new things.
Wait, that's not true. There have been tons of people identifying themselves as prophets who have come with "new things." They are just ignored most of the time.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Hadith was not written by Muhammad S.A.W. but there are no doubts about its authenticity, I can prove that all Sahih hadith are authentic. And we have a Quran handwritten from Usman A.S.
How can you authenticate any Hadith? It's authority is claimed, but how can you prove anything about it's authenticity when it comes to whether it is divinely inspired?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
thats a different debate...
Is it? You opened the floor by saying that therre haven't been any prophets since Jesus who said so many "new things." I'm saying, that couldn't be seen as accurate, unless you are using circular logic saying that there aren't any other prophets because Muhammad was the last prophet because Muhammad said he was the last prophet.

Dawood Ahmad

How can you authenticate any Hadith? It's authority is claimed, but how can you prove anything about it's authenticity when it comes to whether it is divinely inspired?
Primarily, I don't want to engage in this but I may do a bit for you.
There are different books of Hadith, and each of the Hadith had its own tree of reporters/narraters and each tree of narrators quitely differs. but many hadith surprisingly match, This is unreal and the only justification for this is that Hadith are true.

Dawood Ahmad

Is it? You opened the floor by saying that there haven't been any prophets since Jesus who said so many "new things." I'm saying, that couldn't be seen as accurate, unless you are using circular logic saying that there aren't any other prophets because Muhammad was the last prophet because Muhammad said he was the last prophet.

Ok, but according to the Bible, there has to be one Prophet after Jesus Christ who is true.

and that Prophet is Muhammad S.A.W.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Primarily, I don't want to engage in this but I may do a bit for you.
There are different books of Hadith, and each of the Hadith had its own tree of reporters/narraters and each tree of narrators quitely differs. but many hadith surprisingly match, This is unreal and the only justification for this is that Hadith are true.
Why do you think that the mere instance of Hadith's "matching" makes them true? Weren't they all working off the Quraan? Didn't some of the authors know each other and could discuss before writing? You jump from similarities to "must be true." I'm just curious as to how you can logically explain this jump when the are plenty of other explanations. Like the Gospels, they could have come one after the other. Also, the list of narrarators and reporters could have been falsified (good reason to do so, obviously).

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Ok, but according to the Bible, there has to be one Prophet after Jesus Christ who is true.

and that Prophet is Muhammad S.A.W.
1. Where does it say this in the Bible? 2nd coming is Jesus again, not another person, unless you can show me a passage I don't know about.
2. Why does this 2nd prophet have to be Muhammad? Why couldn't it be said that the other prophet hasn't come yet?
3. Why do you think the Bible is accurate when it comes to this?

My point is that all of these assumptions are matters of faith. They are huge jumps.

Dawood Ahmad

Why do you think that the mere instance of Hadith's "matching" makes them true? Weren't they all working off the Quraan? Didn't some of the authors know each other and could discuss before writing? You jump from similarities to "must be true." I'm just curious as to how you can logically explain this jump when the are plenty of other explanations. Like the Gospels, they could have come one after the other. Also, the list of narrarators and reporters could have been falsified (good reason to do so, obviously).
No, not really, many authors never knew each other very closely. Its also very simple that list of narrarators and reporters was not falsfied because if they didn't know about the narrators, they would never need to add their lists and atleast, they won't make it such complicated and complex.