• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove it

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
adilrockstar said:
The Bible teaches differently.

Luke 17:32-24
And they shall say to you, See here; or there: go not after them, nor follow them. For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the son of man be in his day.

We will know. There are other signs as well.

Moon will turn red like blood, stars will fall from the sky, the sun will cease to shine.....these are signs of the Coming of Jesus.

the bible also says that god created the world in 7 days but thats been proven wrong by logic!

A

angellous_evangellous

adilrockstar said:
I agree, thanks to Satan, the world will be pretty "nasty".

I wonder how the moon can continue to orbit around the earth, and such if all the stars fall down? Seems like all that falling of stars would affect the sun's gravity and have adverse affects on us. Can stars really fall if they are not lodged in the firmament above us?

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
adilrockstar said:
I agree, thanks to Satan, the world will be pretty "nasty".

ok translated, 'thanks to the imbalance in the mind' the world will be pretty crappy! because thats all satan and god are, in the mind.

adilrockstar

angellous_evangellous said:
I wonder how the moon can continue to orbit around the earth, and such if all the stars fall down? Seems like all that falling of stars would affect the sun's gravity and have adverse affects on us. Can stars really fall if they are not lodged in the firmament above us?

I need a drink.

God created it and God can destroy it. He is not bound by our limitations.

A

angellous_evangellous

darkpenguin said:
because thats all satan and god are, in the mind.

Well that explains my multiple personality disorder.

:seesaw:

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
adilrockstar said:

nope i think youl find that randomness created it and by all likelyness we will destroy it way before another random event does!

A

angellous_evangellous

adilrockstar said:

I don't disagree that God can destroy the world.

What I'm concerned about is your hopelessly inadequate interpretative method.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
darkpenguin said:
nope i think youl find that randomness created it and by all likelyness we will destroy it way before another random event does!

If anyone believes that God created the world in seven days, then all the power to him. I'm sorry, but I don't like seeing someone else's beliefs made fun of or mocked. Anyone's.

If I misread, I appologize though :)

A

angellous_evangellous

darkpenguin said:

Not if God is in my mind.

adilrockstar

angellous_evangellous said:
I don't disagree that God can destroy the world.

If you look around you would notice that their are very many people that agree with me, they are called Christians. So who are you to call my beliefs inadequate and hopeless.

They are my beliefs and I am entitled to have them .:yes:

A

angellous_evangellous

adilrockstar said:
If you look around you would notice that their are very many people that agree with me, they are called Christians. So who are you to call my beliefs inadequate and hopeless.

They are my beliefs and I am entitled to have them .:yes:

It was not a reflection on your beliefs.

I was criticizing your method.

One can be quite intelligent and use poor methods.

If you cannot seperate your beliefs from your methods, a number of reasons may be available to us than simply concluding that you are unable to debate.
If you claim to be a Protestant who bases their beliefs on their interpretation of Scripture, then you should use the best methods to read and interpret the Scripture, and welcome criticisim to help you along.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
If you look around you would notice that their are very many people that agree with me, they are called Christians.

But not all Christians believe the exact same things. That's why there are different sects...

A

angellous_evangellous

But you have said this:

adilrockstar said:
Believe me my depiction of Christ return is accurate.:yes:

It would be the very height of irresponsibility for the rest of us to uncritically accept this propaganda without reviewing it.

We don't even know what your depiction of Christ is.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Gentoo said:
If anyone believes that God created the world in seven days, then all the power to them. I'm sorry, but I don't like seeing someone else's beliefs made fun of or mocked. Anyone's.

If I misread, I appologize though :)

i'm not making fun or mocking i'm just pointing out the painfully obvious flaws with religion, i can't help it thats who i am and science just makes more logical sense to me then relying on religion because people can't be satisfied with the fact that this is life, we live and we die and we really really no matter how much we think we do, don't have a clue what happens when we die, so in a way given how we humans are it's also logical to want to believe that we go to a nice cosy heaven and that nasty people go to hell, but all i'm saying is that it's all in the mind.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
darkpenguin said:
i'm not making fun or mocking i'm just pointing out the painfully obvious flaws with religion, i can't help it thats who i am and science just makes more logical sense to me then relying on religion because people can't be satisfied with the fact that this is life, we live and we die and we really really no matter how much we think we do, don't have a clue what happens when we die, so in a way given how we humans are it's also logical to want to believe that we go to a nice cosy heaven and that nasty people go to hell, but all i'm saying is that it's all in the mind.

That's fine and I'm sorry for assuming. :)

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Gentoo said:
That's fine and I'm sorry for assuming. :)

that's ok, given the nature of my posts it's easy to miss-interperate them and i do frequently only see one side of an argument (usually mine lol), i really should work on that!

Ozzie

klubbhead024 said:
If I were to come here and say that I am Jesus, is there any way anyone could prove yes or no??
Head to the Vatican and ask. In Detroit such a claim would be treated as mental illness and attract the wrong crowd.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
*********************************************MOD POST********************************************

This thread has had to be taken off the forum, to allow the time to delete off topic, rude, offensive and personal posts.

I am reistating it, but if this cannot be debated in a reasonable way, the post will be closed for good. If anyone has any problems, or would like clarification, please contact me.

It strikes me that some posters really need to read to Forum Rules.