• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proud to call you my transgender son | Skip Pardee | TEDxReno

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was thinking, should I post this or not; should I post this or not. I guess I will. This video is a tear jerker about a catholic, conservative, ex-military, older man who journeyed and was challenged by raising and understanding his and his wife's transgender son. It ends on a good note; and, well, a tear jerker.

Ellen Brown

I was thinking, should I post this or not; should I post this or not. I guess I will. This video is a tear jerker about a catholic, conservative, ex-military, older man who journeyed and was challenged by raising and understanding his and his wife's transgender son. It ends on a good note; and, well, a tear jerker.

Others are likely sick of my story. Perhaps in the future, if there are questions, we should PM?

I was thought to be male when I was born, though there were things the Doctor in 1947 tried to fix. Later, I would feel he took it the wrong direction. Many years later I would find that I am XXY, and a lot of other things. This is greatly condensed.

Years later, I find myself living as a woman, after drugs and surgery. This change was not voluntary, but part of the Ego driven desires of the Medical/Psychiatric folk. Personally, I am happy. The change destroyed my family in the most horrific way possible. I was married 38 years, and they were unimaginably important to me. Can you imagine my two daughters being told that their Dad was suddenly a woman? My son is still not speaking to me after 16 years. I can't blame him.

The issue with righting this wrong and resuming my old life is that I've been being ME for 16 years and don't know how to act like a man. In fact, before I was often thought to be gay, and my wife complained about my not being masculine enough...I grew B/C breasts. Yes, they are unequal, like normal. Why Didn't I just suicide before all this started??? I don't have a good answer.

I'm 72 now, and wish I had not been born.