• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protestants don't know their Bible!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It is true, Catholics are notorious for not knowing Scripture well. But having spent time at monasteries, where you go to daily Mass, and hear more Scripture read to you over a period of 6 months than attending Protestant services for years, and getting to know Catholics who actually know their Bible, it is remarkable.

A catholic who knows their Bible can easily defeat a Protestant in a debate! In fact, I have seen Protestants who knew their Bible really well, it lead them into the Catholic Church, and then they debate with a Protestant on EWTN, and they win the debate so easily, it looked like Muhammad Ali in the ring with a poodle (total and complete victory for the Catholic), because the entire basis for the Protestants argument, the foundation, was completely unbiblical!

Here is why: Protestantism is is actually a system of Religion that is built on a foundation that blows up on it's own. Protestantism is based off of Sola scriptura Doctrine that is found no where in Scripture. Many Protestants often say, "we only follow the Bible". But they have no basis for doing so. The Bible doesn't say to do that!

In fact, Scripture says the opposite. Scripture makes it very clear that people need an official interpreter of Scripture, and that people twist Scripture to their own destruction.

Matthew 18 "tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector." So, the Bible says nothing about using the Bible as the final authority on anything. The Bible actually makes it clear that to do so is dangerous and destructive. The Bible says to listen to and obey the Church.

The first Christians were not Bible Christians! That is clearly obvious! The Bible is a Catholic book that was not available to anyone until the Catholic Church councils at Rome, Carthage, and Hippo.

Every Christian Church on the face of the earth had devotion to Mary and the Saints for over 1500 years, and to me I tend to believe that if Christ is a man of his word, he would shepherd his Church better than that, if such practices were an abomination.

Most Protestants deny that Mary is "Mother of God", stating that every Christian Church on earth was mistaken , and was Idolatrous, and most Protestants believe veneration of Mary and Saints is Demonic. That is thoroughly depressing and nauseating (in my opinion), because when I try to look at history that way, I see God look evil, pathetic, a thoroughly terrible Father in my opinion, a thoroughly terrible shepherd, and a liar who can't be trusted, because he abandoned Christians, and let all Churches on earth (for over 1500 years) fall into demonic practice.

Nothing against Protestants, because I'm sure many Protestants are more holy, better people than myself. But when I try to see history from that point of view, that all churches on earth were sanctioning prayers to demons + Satanic abominations, I simply find it incompatible with a loving responsible God, who is faithful to his word.

Jesus had a biological earthly mother at the nativity, one mother who nursed, breastfed God, one mother who gave birth to God, one mother the Angel said "Hail full of grace, rejoice highly favored one". Scripture calls Mary "The Mother of my Lord" google "who am I that the mother of my Lord should visit me", Scripture says "all generations shall call Mary blessed", the hail Mary is a Biblical prayer.

Scripture says "the word was God...the word became flesh and dwelt among us", Jesus is God.

Protestants sometimes teach erroneous Doctrines that seem to deny the Divinity of Christ, which the Bible says otherwise.

Mary was at the foot of the cross with Christ. Jesus told John, "son behold thy mother."

Scripture says in revelation, a sign in the sky, a woman standing on the Moon, clothed with the Sun, on her head a crown of stars. Scripture says the woman is the mother of those who follow God's commandments. She battles the Dragon. Revelation 12. The Mother of God.

Many people claim to be a friend of Christ, yet they genuinely despise his bride, the Church!

I have difficult time trusting such people. It would seem those who cause division and confusion, are teaching dangerous Doctrines (according to the Gospel) that were not part of Christianity for over 1500 years , and divide and confuse Christians. Just what Satan would want (assuming he exists), divide the flock so he can conquer.

Jesus promised he built his Church on Peter, first Bishop of Rome (Pope) and the promise that the gates of Hell would not prevail against her. Some people make Jesus look like the most incompetent shepherd there ever was, waiting over 1500 years to build a Church that wasn't a Satanic abomination.

Furthermore, what I have seen from following the Bible alone Doctrine, is a confusing mess (in my opinion), with no unity, and easily the worst affliction to ever strike Christianity! To divide and conquer , would be the strategy of the Devil, and there is much evidence to suggest that nothing has done more to confuse and divide the flock than the UNBIBLICAL Sola Scriptura Doctrine that Protestantism was founded on.

Some protestants also refer to the Catholic Church as "Prostitute, Whore of Babylon, Religion of the Antichrist"! This is extremely judgmental and sometimes becomes very hateful, condemning over a billion Christians as being hell bound followers of Satan and the Antichrist's whore of Babylon. When I try to see things through that lense, I get very depressed, and feel terrible about God.

Some Protestants often deny that Jesus was really present in the Eucharist. Jesus never said the bread and wine was a representation of his body and blood. He said "This is my body, this is my blood". The lamb in the Old Testament had to be eaten. Jesus was the lamb of God who said "unless you eat of the flesh , and drink of the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you". (John 6)

It was the first time in Christ's ministry where he lost followers. It was over that teaching. The people who abandoned Christ in John 6 fall into the same error and Heresy as Protestants who deny or attack the Catholic teaching about the Eucharist!

And keep in mind. The people who abandoned Christ over the teaching about the Eucharist and Holy Communion, were not people that Jesus called back. Jesus didn't say "Wait a minute, I didn't mean literally. Please, let me explain. I meant bread and wine that represents me". Neither did Jesus at the last supper say anything about it representing anything, in any of the last supper accounts. It was completely literal words in all accounts, in all Gospels. He never once used words of symbolism!

Some people who call themselves Christian are being completely unbiblical and are at war with the teachings of Jesus Christ in every Gospel. Some "Bible Christians" are opposed to the word of God! Some protestants are actually opposed to one of the most important teachings of Jesus. Jesus said that those who refuse to embrace that teaching have no life in them, are spiritually bankrupt, are spiritually dead.

I don't agree with Christ, but those were his strong words and a warning to people who push what many protestants are pushing, to cut people off, and alienate them from God and grace!

In the world book encyclopedia, a non Catholic book, there is an unbreakable chain of Popes dating back to Peter, first Bishop of Rome. The second was Linus in 67 AD. Protestants have no evidence that I know of for valid sacramental priesthood, Bishops, or valid sacrament of ordination. The Catholic Bishops, Pope, and priesthood, can trace itself back to Peter and the Apostles.
76511_2ea19f10242373583ca27474af22138d.jpg
76510_b64d65c99413c60b8a981180fd5a6e23.jpg

Does anyone remember when my name used to be PopeADope? :p

This is a debate. Please debate something I said. Show me that I am wrong, mistaken, and that some Protestants know their Bible better than I do. :)

lostwanderingsoul

Peotestants do have a priesthood. Jesus is the only high priest between the people and God. Jesus never prayed the rosary and never made the sign of the cross. A church that does those things is making its own rules and not following Jesus.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Peotestants do have a priesthood. Jesus is the only high priest between the people and God. Jesus never prayed the rosary and never made the sign of the cross. A church that does those things is making its own rules and not following Jesus.
You don't know that.

And Jesus never made the claims you claim.

Also, 2,000 years roughly have passed. Scripture says God can change his mind. There are times Scripture says God felt sorry, relented, repented, and changed his mind.

The book of revelation mentioned a woman clothed with the Sun, standing on the moon, crowned with stars, and that she is the mother of those who keep the commandments of God.

The greatest miracles I know of since the time of Christ, took place at Fatima, Guadalupe, Lourdes, and Lepanto, and various other Marian apparitions, and were directly linked to Mary and the Rosary.

Mary left a miraculous image on Saint Juan Diego's tilma, of Mary standing on the Moon, clothed with the Sun, and wearing stars, very similar to the vision of the woman in Revelation 12.

Scientists have examined the image and said it has no evidence of being a painting, no brush strokes, a mystery of what dye was used to color it, and the cactus fiber it is on should have decomposed.

It converted 15 million Aztecs in a short amount of time and much of central and South America, in the greatest conversion story in history.

If God wishes to bring grace to earth through Mary and the Rosary, nothing in Scripture forbids him from doing so, and most of the hail Mary prayer is a direct quote from Scripture. Plus the Rosary contains the Lord's prayer, that Jesus taught people to pray.

It's hard to find Biblical basis for calling such a Biblical prayer:" evil, sinful, or unchristian", a prayer that honors Jesus, his mother, Father, and the Holy Spirit! Sounds evil and unchristian to me.:rolleyes:
. *Sarcasm*:p

2ndpillar

The first Christians were not Bible Christians! That is clearly obvious! The Bible is a Catholic book that was not available to anyone until the Catholic Church councils at Rome, Carthage, and Hippo.

The first followers of the message of Yeshua, were Jews, and their bible was the OT, from which Yeshua preached. Your later "Christian" church was the church of Paul, supported by the unknown writer of 2 Peter, who together were the "two horns like a lamb" (Christ like) (Revelation 13:11) who were to "deceive" "those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14). The present NT canon was not available in its present form, a combination of the message of the devil and the message of the son of man (Matthew 13:39-42) until the era of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, who was to "deceive" "those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14). The Catholic church was called the "whore of Babylon" by the Catholic cleric Luther. Who better to point out the foibles of the Catholic church than a card carrying Catholic. As 1 John 2:27 points out, the only teacher needed is the "anointing" of the Holy Spirit, and Yeshua points out, you are to call no one "teacher", or "leader". (Matthew 23:8-9). Without the Protestants breaking the power of the Roman Church, you would probably be burned as a witch for not following the Catholic line in every respect. The Protestants may be a daughter of her mother, the Roman church, and have her problems, but she apparently limited her burning of people to Catholics.

lostwanderingsoul

Constantine was a PAGAN. He saw a chance to spread his false ideas using the cover of the Roman church. This was enforced at the penalty of death for anyone who refused to follow his twisted Pagan ideas. Many of the teachings of the Roman church can be traced to Pagan practices.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But if you really want a Biblical scholar, or someone familiar with comparative religion or religion in general, look to the atheist community.

pearl

Catholic cleric Luther. Who better to point out the foibles of the Catholic church than a card carrying Catholic.

You really need to investigate what Luther actually believed concerning Mary, from the source itself, not anti Catholic propaganda.

Whoever is weak in faith can utter no Hail Mary without danger to his salvation. (Sermon, March 11, 1523).Who possess a good (firm) faith, says the Hail Mary without danger! Our prayer should include the Mother of God.. .What the Hail Mary says is that all glory should be given to God, using these words: "Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus Christ. Amen!" You see that these words are not concerned with prayer but purely with giving praise and honor.. .We can use the Hail Mary as a meditation in which we recite what grace God has given her. Second, we should add a wish that everyone may know and respect her...He who has no faith is advised to refrain from saying the Hail Mary. (Personal Prayer Book, 1522).

“It is an artcle of faith that Mary is the Mother of the Lord and still a virgin…Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact.” (Works of Luther, V. 11, pp319-320; V. 6, p 510)

John Calvin: “there have been certain folk who have wished to suggest from this passage (Mt 1:25) that the Virgin Mary had other children than the Son of God, and that Joseph had then dwelt with her later; but what folly this is! For the gospel writer did not wish to record what happened afterwards; he simply wished to make clear Joseph’s obedience and to show also that Joseph had been well and truly assured that it was God who had sent His angel to Mary. He had therefore never dwelt with her nor had he shared her company…And besides this our Lord Jesus Christ is called the firstborn. This is not because there was a second or third, but because the gospel writer is paying regard to the precedence. Scripture speaks thus of naming the first-born whether or no there was any question of the second.” (Sermon on Matthew 1:22-25, published 1562)
Ulrich Zwingli: “I firmly believe that Mary, according to the words of the gospel as a pure Virgin brought forth for us the son of God and in childbirth and after childbirth forever remained a pure, intact Virgin.”.” (Zwingli Opera, Corpus Reformatorum, Berlin, 1905, in Evang. Luc., Op. comp., V6,1 P. 639

All three of the first reformers, Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli, accepted and defended this doctrine completely. So, if the Catholic Church believes in this doctrine and the reformers believed in this doctrine–by whose authority and when was this doctrine rejected by all the Protestant Churches?

Reactions: KW

pearl

A necessarily corollary of the doctrine of sola scriptura is, therefore, the idea of an absolute right of private judgment in the interpretation of the Scriptures.
. Each individual Christian is thus put in the position of being his own theologian.
The universal application of sola scriptura presupposes the mass manufacturing of books, and of the Bible in particular.

Sola scriptura presupposes (1) the existence of the printing press, (2) the universal distribution of Bibles, (3) universal literacy, (4) the universal possession of scholarly support materials, (5) the universal possession of adequate time for study, (6) universal nutrition, and (7) a universal education in a high level of critical thinking skills. Needless to say, this group of conditions was not true in the crucial early centuries of the Church, was not true through the main course of Church history,and is not even true today. The non-existence of the printing press alone means sola scriptura was totally unthinkable for almost three-quarters of Christian history!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It is true, Catholics are notorious for not knowing Scripture well. But having spent time at monasteries, where you go to daily Mass, and hear more Scripture read to you over a period of 6 months than attending Protestant services for years, and getting to know Catholics who actually know their Bible, it is remarkable.

A catholic who knows their Bible can easily defeat a Protestant in a debate! In fact, I have seen Protestants who knew their Bible really well, it lead them into the Catholic Church, and then they debate with a Protestant on EWTN, and they win the debate so easily, it looked like Muhammad Ali in the ring with a poodle (total and complete victory for the Catholic), because the entire basis for the Protestants argument, the foundation, was completely unbiblical!

Here is why: Protestantism is is actually a system of Religion that is built on a foundation that blows up on it's own. Protestantism is based off of Sola scriptura Doctrine that is found no where in Scripture. Many Protestants often say, "we only follow the Bible". But they have no basis for doing so. The Bible doesn't say to do that!

In fact, Scripture says the opposite. Scripture makes it very clear that people need an official interpreter of Scripture, and that people twist Scripture to their own destruction.

Matthew 18 "tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector." So, the Bible says nothing about using the Bible as the final authority on anything. The Bible actually makes it clear that to do so is dangerous and destructive. The Bible says to listen to and obey the Church.

Every Christian Church on the face of the earth had devotion to Mary and the Saints for over 1500 years, and to me I tend to believe that if Christ is a man of his word, he would shepherd his Church better than that, if such practices were an abomination.

Most Protestants deny that Mary is "Mother of God", stating that every Christian Church on earth was mistaken , and was Idolatrous, and most Protestants believe veneration of Mary and Saints is Demonic. That is thoroughly depressing and nauseating (in my opinion), because when I try to look at history that way, I see God look evil, pathetic, a thoroughly terrible Father in my opinion, a thoroughly terrible shepherd, and a liar who can't be trusted, because he abandoned Christians, and let all Churches on earth (for over 1500 years) fall into demonic practice.

Nothing against Protestants, because I'm sure many Protestants are more holy, better people than myself. But when I try to see history from that point of view, that all churches on earth were sanctioning prayers to demons + Satanic abominations, I simply find it incompatible with a loving responsible God, who is faithful to his word.

Jesus had a biological earthly mother at the nativity, one mother who nursed, breastfed God, one mother who gave birth to God, one mother the Angel said "Hail full of grace, rejoice highly favored one". Scripture calls Mary "The Mother of my Lord" google "who am I that the mother of my Lord should visit me", Scripture says "all generations shall call Mary blessed", the hail Mary is a Biblical prayer.

Scripture says "the word was God...the word became flesh and dwelt among us", Jesus is God.

Protestants sometimes teach erroneous Doctrines that seem to deny the Divinity of Christ, which the Bible says otherwise.

Mary was at the foot of the cross with Christ. Jesus told John, "son behold thy mother."

Scripture says in revelation, a sign in the sky, a woman standing on the Moon, clothed with the Sun, on her head a crown of stars. Scripture says the woman is the mother of those who follow God's commandments. She battles the Dragon. Revelation 12. The Mother of God.

Many people claim to be a friend of Christ, yet they genuinely despise his bride, the Church!

I have difficult time trusting such people. It would seem those who cause division and confusion, are teaching dangerous Doctrines (according to the Gospel) that were not part of Christianity for over 1500 years , and divide and confuse Christians. Just what Satan would want (assuming he exists), divide the flock so he can conquer.

Jesus promised he built his Church on Peter, first Bishop of Rome (Pope) and the promise that the gates of Hell would not prevail against her. Some people make Jesus look like the most incompetent shepherd there ever was, waiting over 1500 years to build a Church that wasn't a Satanic abomination.

Furthermore, what I have seen from following the Bible alone Doctrine, is a confusing mess (in my opinion), with no unity, and easily the worst affliction to ever strike Christianity! To divide and conquer , would be the strategy of the Devil, and there is much evidence to suggest that nothing has done more to confuse and divide the flock than the UNBIBLICAL Sola Scriptura Doctrine that Protestantism was founded on.

Some protestants also refer to the Catholic Church as "Prostitute, Whore of Babylon, Religion of the Antichrist"! This is extremely judgmental and sometimes becomes very hateful, condemning over a billion Christians as being hell bound followers of Satan and the Antichrist's whore of Babylon. When I try to see things through that lense, I get very depressed, and feel terrible about God.

Some Protestants often deny that Jesus was really present in the Eucharist. Jesus never said the bread and wine was a representation of his body and blood. He said "This is my body, this is my blood". The lamb in the Old Testament had to be eaten. Jesus was the lamb of God who said "unless you eat of the flesh , and drink of the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you". (John 6)

It was the first time in Christ's ministry where he lost followers. It was over that teaching. The people who abandoned Christ in John 6 fall into the same error and Heresy as Protestants who deny or attack the Catholic teaching about the Eucharist!

And keep in mind. The people who abandoned Christ over the teaching about the Eucharist and Holy Communion, were not people that Jesus called back. Jesus didn't say "Wait a minute, I didn't mean literally. Please, let me explain. I meant bread and wine that represents me". Neither did Jesus at the last supper say anything about it representing anything, in any of the last supper accounts. It was completely literal words in all accounts, in all Gospels. He never once used words of symbolism!

Some people who call themselves Christian are being completely unbiblical and are at war with the teachings of Jesus Christ in every Gospel. Some "Bible Christians" are opposed to the word of God! Some protestants are actually opposed to one of the most important teachings of Jesus. Jesus said that those who refuse to embrace that teaching have no life in them, are spiritually bankrupt, are spiritually dead.

I don't agree with Christ, but those were his strong words and a warning to people who push what many protestants are pushing, to cut people off, and alienate them from God and grace!

In the world book encyclopedia, a non Catholic book, there is an unbreakable chain of Popes dating back to Peter, first Bishop of Rome. The second was Linus in 67 AD. Protestants have no evidence that I know of for valid sacramental priesthood, Bishops, or valid sacrament of ordination. The Catholic Bishops, Pope, and priesthood, can trace itself back to Peter and the Apostles.
View attachment 61927 View attachment 61928

Does anyone remember when my name used to be PopeADope? :p

This is a debate. Please debate something I said. Show me that I am wrong, mistaken, and that some Protestants know their Bible better than I do. :)
Catholics are an authority on the Bible and i think they have tbought up and written a fair portion of the Bible during the middle ages to fill in the missing gaps.

It's also the mother church where all Christian denominations originated.

2ndpillar

Constantine was a PAGAN. He saw a chance to spread his false ideas using the cover of the Roman church. This was enforced at the penalty of death for anyone who refused to follow his twisted Pagan ideas. Many of the teachings of the Roman church can be traced to Pagan practices.

Constantine was the Pontifex Maximus of the pagan religion, which meant he was the keeper of the gods and the calendar. His reason for convening the Council of Nicaea, was to unify his empire. He didn't care whether there were 3 gods or 1 God, all he wanted was a unified empire. His army followed the sun god Sol Invictus, therefore he simply inoculated this new mediated religion with the gods of his army. His new religion included the feast day of Astarte, called Easter, with what was previously the Jewish Passover. The birthday of his god, Sol Invictus, was the 25th of December, whereas Yeshua was born in the fall, at the time of the census. Constantine instituted the day of the sun, Sunday, as the day of rest in 321 A.D. whereas no one could buy or sell on that day. The death penalty he instituted was that anyone found with the writing of Arius would be subject to death. According Eusebius, Constantine was supposedly baptized on his death bed by Eusebius, a leader of the Arians.

lostwanderingsoul

Constantine was the Pontifex Maximus of the pagan religion, which meant he was the keeper of the gods and the calendar. His reason for convening the Council of Nicaea, was to unify his empire. He didn't care whether there were 3 gods or 1 God, all he wanted was a unified empire. His army followed the sun god Sol Invictus, therefore he simply inoculated this new mediated religion with the gods of his army. His new religion included the feast day of Astarte, called Easter, with what was previously the Jewish Passover. The birthday of his god, Sol Invictus, was the 25th of December, whereas Yeshua was born in the fall, at the time of the census. Constantine instituted the day of the sun, Sunday, as the day of rest in 321 A.D. whereas no one could buy or sell on that day. The death penalty he instituted was that anyone found with the writing of Arius would be subject to death. According Eusebius, Constantine was supposedly baptized on his death bed by Eusebius, a leader of the Arians.
And from this grew the most powerful religion on earth.
shows the power of Satan to control people's minds.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most powerful? Do you mean most aggressive, most repressive or responsible for the most misery, destruction or warfare?

Of course, if you mean dominant, that's largely a political accident, with dominance of a particular religion rising or falling with the wealth, influence or imperialism the country practicing it.
The truth, reasonableness or mythology of a religion doesn't seem to be directly connected with its rise or fall in influence.

Follower7

The Reformation principle of sola Scriptura has to do with the sufficiency of Scripture as our supreme authority in all spiritual matters. Sola Scriptura simply means that all truth necessary for our salvation and spiritual life is taught either explicitly or implicitly in Scripture. It is not a claim that all truth of every kind is found in Scripture. The most ardent defender of sola Scriptura will concede, for example, that Scripture has little or nothing to say about DNA structures, microbiology, the rules of Chinese grammar, or rocket science. This or that “scientific truth,” for example, may or may not be actually true, whether or not it can be supported by Scripture—but Scripture is a “more sure Word,” standing above all other truth in its authority and certainty. It is “more sure,” according to the Apostle Peter, than the data we gather firsthand through our senses (2 Peter 1:19). Therefore, Scripture is the highest and supreme authority on any matter on which it speaks.

But there are many important questions on which Scripture is silent. Sola Scriptura makes no claim to the contrary. Nor does sola Scriptura claim that everything Jesus or the Apostles ever taught is preserved in Scripture. It only means that everything necessary, everything binding on our consciences, and everything God requires of us is given to us in Scripture (2 Peter 1:3).

Furthermore, we are forbidden to add to or take away from Scripture (cf. Deut. 4:2; 12:32; Rev. 22:18-19). To add to it is to lay on people a burden that God Himself does not intend for them to bear (cf. Matt. 23:4).

Scripture is therefore the perfect and only standard of spiritual truth, revealing infallibly all that we must believe in order to be saved and all that we must do in order to glorify God. That—no more, no less—is what sola Scriptura means.

Follower7

If you read the Gospels which I believe are in the Bible, you will find that indeed Jesus's vessel, or birth mother Mary who was not divine & deserves no reverence, as she is a sinner, or to be called Holy (She was a virgin descended from King David) as only God & the Son of God are divine & Holy, gave birth to, for a lack of a better definition, Jesus's step siblings. How anyone could draw such blasphemous conclusions according Mary a Holy status is mind boggling. Or, since Jesus commanded, "Call no one on this earth your father (catholic priests call themselves father) for your Father is in Heaven. Or, chanting with beads (rosary not in scripture), or burning incense (pagan), or believing that man ("All have sinned & fallen short of the Glory of God" (The Apostle Paul) can make water Holy as only God & His Son can make anything Holy, or changing the 10 commandments (Abomination), or believing that a catholic priest who is a sinner can forgive your sins (Only Jesus & God can forgive sin), or believing the pope is Jesus's only representative on earth (vicar of Christ) (Really, I thought all who are saved are His representatives, wow calling Jesus a Liar? Really?), or converting pagan holidays such as Christmas, Easter & oh yes Sunday: pagan day of worship. Changing the the Forth Commandment: Remember the Sabbath (Saturday) & keep it Holy.
When the cold season began every year, they believed their sun god was leaving them. It was on December 25th that they noticed the gradual return of the sun god. So they called this day the birth of the sun. Tammuz was hailed as the son of the sun. He was idolized and even worshipped and the first letter of his name became the symbol of sun worship. Human sacrifices to the sun god were offered on this initial letter made of wood, known as the cross “T” and this “T” for Tammuz is also the true origin of catholics crossing themselves. His birthday of December 25 was honored more and more. Satan worked many years before the conception and birth of the true Messiah to counterfeit through sun worship His miraculous conception and birth. Satan succeeded many times in leading God's people into sin and pagan sun worship. (Saturday is the day to worship God, according to God!) Then there are all the those who were brutally tortured, tortured to death, or burned alive for refusing to convert to catholicism during the Spanish Inquisition at the behest of Queen Isabella of Spain, then we have the indulgences that were made by priests & sold with the promise of entering Heaven, then we have the human bones that the priests used in order to scare people into converting claiming they were the bones of Saints, then we have all the pedphiles "catholic priests", then we have the nuns who actually believe the are the brides of Jesus (Did Jesus anywhere in scripture call for brides? NO!! His church is His bride!). Believing that only the catholic church can canonize saints??? Only Jesus decides who His elect are, they are the Saints. Then there's the holy wars; These wars were not Holy. They were not ordained by God. Then we have the "rat line" conceived by & funded by & condoned by the catholic church in order to help NAZI war criminals escape to South America. Then we have catholic rituals (pagan), then we have the band around the popes hat inscribed in latin which when converted to numerical values is 666 the number of the beast. Then we have the pope's white throne with two statues of cherubim on each side which is a copy cat of God's throne room. This is an abomination in God's eyes. You do not pretend to be God & get away with it. There will be judgement.
I could go on, but you get the point. The roman catholic church is described in great detail in the Book of Revelation. She is the whore of Babylon, surrounded by 7 hills, wearing scarlet & purple (Cardinals wear scarlet & Bishops wear purple). So, no offense, but I would rather die a Christian than convert to a pagan religion that for all appearances is a satanic cult. I do not apologize for speaking the truth. Jesus did not apologize either. He is the truth & I follow Him only.

Last edited:

pearl

or burning incense (pagan),

Derash (interpretive meaning):

Ramban: Being that the altar of incense is one of the articles in the inner part of the Mishkan, it should have been mentioned together with the Table and Menorah [in the previous parasha] as was done at the time of mentioning their construction in Parashat Vayakhel (Ibid. 37:25). But the altar and all its vessels is mentioned here to connect it to what G‑d said at the completion of all of the vessels, "And the Tent shall be sanctified by My Glory" (Ibid. 29:43) as well as "I will dwell among the children of Israel." (Ibid. 29:45) so He now said that they had to make an altar to burn incense for the glory of G‑d.
On the Golden Altar - The Altar of Incense is discussed many chapters after the other altars and utensils. - Tetzave (chabad.org)

(rosary not in scripture),

Which words of the rosary are not in Scripture?

I do not apologize for speaking the truth.

Its better to know the truth before one speaks.

pearl

Sola Scriptura simply means that all truth necessary for our salvation and spiritual life is taught either explicitly or implicitly in Scripture.

Not unlike Catholic teaching on Scripture
"What is important is the qualification of "that truth" with "for the sake of our salvation". Not every word and detail has to do with salvation.

2ndpillar

The Roman church is on the verge of falling, and her followers are on the verge of being "cut off" (Isaiah 22:25)(Matthew 7:27). We are at the "end of the age" whereas the followers of the message of the "devil" (Matthew 13:39-42), who says you surely shall not die (Genesis 3:4), and are free to commit lawlessness, such as sin, are "gathered" and thrown into the "furnace of fire", the "great tribulation". It is the Protestant Church, a daughter of the Roman church, which curtailed the power of the Roman church. The "stumbling block" of the Protestant church, is that they follow the path of the Roman church, and give credence to Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, and follow the other horn of the Catholic church, the false prophet Paul. Now that we are at the "end of the age", the veil will be lifted, and the tares will be gathered and burned (Matthew 13:30). Satan simply hardens hearts by offering them lucre, everlasting life, and sex, at which time they often choose to follow the path of the serpent, and become separated from God by sinning, thinking they will not die, or be held accountable.

2ndpillar

You really need to investigate what Luther actually believed concerning Mary, from the source itself, not anti Catholic propaganda.

Whoever is weak in faith can utter no Hail Mary without danger to his salvation. (Sermon, March 11, 1523).Who possess a good (firm) faith, says the Hail Mary without danger! Our prayer should include the Mother of God.. .What the Hail Mary says is that all glory should be given to God, using these words: "Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus Christ. Amen!" You see that these words are not concerned with prayer but purely with giving praise and honor.. .We can use the Hail Mary as a meditation in which we recite what grace God has given her. Second, we should add a wish that everyone may know and respect her...He who has no faith is advised to refrain from saying the Hail Mary. (Personal Prayer Book, 1522).

“It is an artcle of faith that Mary is the Mother of the Lord and still a virgin…Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact.” (Works of Luther, V. 11, pp319-320; V. 6, p 510)

John Calvin: “there have been certain folk who have wished to suggest from this passage (Mt 1:25) that the Virgin Mary had other children than the Son of God, and that Joseph had then dwelt with her later; but what folly this is! For the gospel writer did not wish to record what happened afterwards; he simply wished to make clear Joseph’s obedience and to show also that Joseph had been well and truly assured that it was God who had sent His angel to Mary. He had therefore never dwelt with her nor had he shared her company…And besides this our Lord Jesus Christ is called the firstborn. This is not because there was a second or third, but because the gospel writer is paying regard to the precedence. Scripture speaks thus of naming the first-born whether or no there was any question of the second.” (Sermon on Matthew 1:22-25, published 1562)
Ulrich Zwingli: “I firmly believe that Mary, according to the words of the gospel as a pure Virgin brought forth for us the son of God and in childbirth and after childbirth forever remained a pure, intact Virgin.”.” (Zwingli Opera, Corpus Reformatorum, Berlin, 1905, in Evang. Luc., Op. comp., V6,1 P. 639

All three of the first reformers, Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli, accepted and defended this doctrine completely. So, if the Catholic Church believes in this doctrine and the reformers believed in this doctrine–by whose authority and when was this doctrine rejected by all the Protestant Churches?

You might want to actually read the Jewish translation of the "virgin Mary" story in Isaiah 7:14. It reads a "young women". You might also want to read all of Isaiah 7 with respect to context. As for Luther, he was Roman Catholic, and thus a follower of the beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine, and apart from noting that buying forgiveness of sins with money is not a correct attitude, he spent a lot of his time eating, drinking, and making merry with his nun wife, while supporting the German prince class, in their putting down the German serfs. Yeshua's brother James may disagree that Mary was "forever" a "virgin". It seems that the fascist Progressives are forever subverting information, and putting themselves above God. I don't know, when the sky falls, where will they run (Revelation 16:21)? They can't run to the church, for it will have already fallen (Isaiah 22:25) (Matthew 7:27).

Is “Virgin” the proper translation of the Hebrew word used in Isaiah 7-14?
Is “virgin” even the proper translation of the Hebrew word used in Isaiah 7:14? The Hebrew word in Isaiah 7:14 is “almah,” and its inherent meaning is “young woman.” “Almah” can mean “virgin,” as young unmarried women in ancient Hebrew culture were assumed to be virgins.

https://jewsforjesus.org/answers/prophecy/does-almah-mean-young-woman-or-virgin#:~:text=New International Version Therefore the Lord himself will,a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.?msclkid=6a754b0db82311ecaf8233407418e53f

pearl

You might want to actually read the Jewish translation of the "virgin Mary" story in Isaiah 7:14. It reads a "young women".

Yes, I am well aware.

You might also want to read all of Isaiah 7 with respect to context.

The young woman: Hebrew ‘almah designates a young woman of marriageable age without specific reference to virginity.
The Septuagint translated the Hebrew term as parthenos, which normally does mean virgin, and this translation underlies MT I:23 Emmanuel: the name means “with us is God.” Since for the Christian the incarnation is the ultimate expression of God’s willingness to “be with us,” it is understandable that this text was interpreted to refer to the birth of Christ. It is this translation most often used by the Apostles and the Gospel authors.

the beast with two horns like a lamb

Nice try but, the 'beast' is not the Church, it is the Roman empire under which Christians were persecuted.

Yeshua's brother James may disagree that Mary was "forever" a "virgin".

The concept of Mary's perpetual virginity is a product of 'The Protoevangelium of James, basically a work of fiction.

Follower7

Does the Bible refer to the Rosary? The answer is no! The concept of praying the Rosary, a string of beads, is never mentioned in Scripture because it is a human invention. It is not Biblical and it is not of God. The Roman Catholics defend the “prayer of the Rosary” by showing that some phrases can be found in the Bible, but most of the “Hail Mary” prayer and “Hail Holy Queen” prayer cannot be found in the Bible. In fact, parts of the prayers are not only unbiblical; they are absolutely heretical. You cannot have a rational discourse with a catholic. It's like beating your head against a rock. They are so deceived by their church through false doctrine & twisted scripture & things not of God that they are convinced are true, that they cannot accept the real truth. Jesus is the truth. Anything else is a lie & of the devil. To even respond to their assertions is a complete waste of time. The multitudes of sins that the Catholic Church has committed against God & His Son & people are beyond appalling.

Last edited: