• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecy: Fact or Fiction?

Audie

Veteran Member
There have been several incidents in which prophetical annunciations have come true. Nostradamus, Bibi, The sleeping prophet as well as the Judaic form or numerically using the Bible to find prophetical things. Sometimes things do not occur withing the prophesized time but the incidents predicted remain the same. If you believe that prophecies are true, do you think they are there so we can change the outcome or just a warning to tell us to prepare. If you do not believe in prophecy, why?
The reversal of cause and effect is one
reason.

MJ Bailey

What would you think is the cause of knowing
what will happen?
:)I thought that was what you meant. I did not want to assume. Exactly!!! Wouldn't it be nice if we could measure statistical probabilities in every action? You know if you hold a book three feet off the ground and drop it, it will hit the ground. However, if you have a funnel and drop a seed in the funnel you cannot be 100% sure of every reaction the seed will have; however, by calculation variances and conditions you are granted an educated guess. In extreme situations if a statistical analysis was done, maybe the probability of a more preferred outcome would occur.

MJ Bailey

I apologize to those of you who have taken offence for me asking a simple question of opinion. I just hope the side of you in which hides behind a screen is not shown or acted towards those in your immediate lives. God bless, stay safe and don't know about you but I have taken no offense. After all, as far as I know I could just be talking to AI;)