• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proofs for reincarnation

justaguy313

Premium Member
Reincarnation arose in northern India between the years 1000 and 600 BC, just at the same time that prophet David and his descendants ruled Israel up until the fall of Jerusalem. The first reference to reincarnation idea is at least 2,600 years old. It appears in the sacred scriptures of Hinduism.
According to the faith, a soul reincarnates again and again on earth until it becomes perfect and reunites with its source. During this process the soul enters into many bodies, assumes many forms and lives many lives. In the Bhagivad Gita, prophet Krishna illustrates this process, saying:
"Just as a man discards worn out clothes and puts on new clothes, the soul discards worn out bodies and wears new ones."
As Hinduism is the great progenitor of religions in the East and the West, the theory that the soul inhabits several different bodies has survived through the centuries and spread to different worlds.
In the 6th century BC, two new religions appeared in India, both had its origins in Hinduism and still exist. The first is Jainism, founded by the Indian prince Nataputa Vardamana. The second is Buddhism, founded by Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha. The biggest concern of Vardamana and Gautama, more or less contemporary to biblical prophets Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi, was how to cross the “river” which separates samsara, the endless cycle of rebirths, from moksha, the final release.
In this same century, the Greek philosopher and mathematician Pythagoras, who was born around the year 580 BC, stated that the soul is immortal. According to Pythagoras, the human soul can migrate from one human body to another, but also to the bodies of other creatures, such as animals or even plants. With each new incarnation, the soul loses the memory of the past. So every time we all live our lives as if we live for the first time. As far as we know, this is the first time that the theory of reincarnation was mentioned in the West. In the following century, Greek philosopher Plato taught that the soul is born many times, even for 10 thousand years, before it finally departs to heavenly bliss. Plato famously stated, “we do not learn, and that what we call learning is only a
process of recollection.”
Belief in the cycle of birth, life, death, and rebirth continued to appear in philosophy and shape belief for centuries. But in today’s world, the soul’s journey is often a controversial topic, particularly when dealing with established religions. The Abrahamic faiths - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - deny the existence of reincarnation even though the proof for it appears in their holy books.
The Christian church teaches that the whole thrust of the Bible opposes reincarnation. But few people realise that early christians did, in fact, believe in reincarnation. The idea only fell out of favour in the sixth century.
Jesus (pbuh) once clearly stated, “…Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:12. And a single sentence in the book of John shows that reincarnation ideas were present among Jesus’ followers. The apostles asked Jesus about a man who was born blind, “Did this man sin or his parents that he was born blind?” John 9:1. The idea that you were punished for your parents’ sins was common in Judaism, but that a man could sin and be born blind as a consequence is more difficult to explain. The only explanation is that he had sinned in a previous incarnation and his deeds in that round caused his affliction. This would indicate that the apostles and Jesus were discussing reincarnation. But this is not the only proof for
transmigration of the soul in Christian doctrine.
The most well-known example of reincarnation in the Bible is a series of passages, which establish that John the Baptist was the reincarnation of the prophet Elijah. It was long prophesied that the soul of prophet Elijah would return. In the Bible, it is written, "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes." (Malachi 4:5) “But the angel said to him "do not be afraid, Zechariah; your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are
to give him the name John…And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah…to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." (Luke 1:13,17)

“…Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:12. And a single sentence in the book of John shows that reincarnation ideas were present among Jesus’ followers.
I think better translation is, "born anew". It does not mean one is incarnated, born into a new body.

“Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can’t enter into God’s Kingdom. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Don’t marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born anew.’
John 3:5-7

It means there happens a change in the mind of a person and he becomes righteous. And that means:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed: that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn’t commit sin, because his seed remains in him, and he can’t sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn’t do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn’t love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

The apostles asked Jesus about a man who was born blind, “Did this man sin or his parents that he was born blind?” John 9:1. The idea that you were punished for your parents’ sins was common in Judaism, but that a man could sin and be born blind as a consequence is more difficult to explain. The only explanation is that he had sinned in a previous incarnation and his deeds in that round caused his affliction.
By what Jesus tells, it was not because of any sin. Therefore it has nothing to do with the idea of reincarnation.

Jesus answered, Neither this one nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God might be revealed in him.
John 9:3
The most well-known example of reincarnation in the Bible is a series of passages, which establish that John the Baptist was the reincarnation of the prophet Elijah. It was long prophesied that the soul of prophet Elijah would return. In the Bible, it is written, "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes." (Malachi 4:5) “But the angel said to him "do not be afraid, Zechariah; your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are
to give him the name John…And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah…to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." (Luke 1:13,17)

Bible doesn't tell John was incarnation of Elijah. Going in spirit and power of someone doesn't mean reincarnation, which would in this case mean John was Elijah in a new body.

justaguy313

Premium Member
Bible doesn't tell John was incarnation of Elijah. Going in spirit and power of someone doesn't mean reincarnation, which would in this case mean John was Elijah in a new body.

Jesus, himself, confirmed to his disciples that John the Baptist really was Elijah returned. He said, "But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him.” Mark 9:13. "But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognise
him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist. Matt 17:12-13. Jesus in clear words is saying that Elijah is reincarnated in John the Baptist.

But reincarnation was not introduced to the scripture in the time of Jesus. In the Old Testament of the Bible, prophet Job declares, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there.” Job 1:21. How can a man return to his mother’s womb if not through rebirth into
another body? There is simply no explanation for this statement other than the transmigration of the soul between different physical bodies. Apart from reincarnation, how could anyone have ever been in the body of their ancestor?
The book of Job is not only a part of the Christian holy book, it is also included in the Hebrew Bible. Which means, the journey of the soul is also an unacknowledged aspect of the Jewish faith. Despite this proof, mainstream Judaism rejects the idea of reincarnation. It is, however, an important aspect of jewish mysticism.
Kabbalah teaches that the soul returns to this world in many incarnations until it achieves complete transformation. The Kabbalistic term for transmigration of souls is gilgul, a word related to the Hebrew word for wheel, galgal. Many Kabbalists believe that souls transmigrate, and that
each of us possesses an ancient soul that has carried out many lifetimes before this one.
Despite mainstream Judaism’s rejection of reincarnation, the religion does teach about a large scale “resurrection.” When the Messiah comes to initiate the perfect world of peace and prosperity, the righteous dead will be brought back to life and given the opportunity to experience the perfected world. This event is largely interpreted to be a literal resurrection of the dead. But could it be talking about a resurrection, not of the body, but of the soul?

Jesus, himself, confirmed to his disciples that John the Baptist really was Elijah returned. He said, "But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him.” Mark 9:13. "But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognise
him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist. Matt 17:12-13. Jesus in clear words is saying that Elijah is reincarnated in John the Baptist.
The problem with that is, Jesus doesn't tell Elijah is incarnated, it is how you interpret that.
But reincarnation was not introduced to the scripture in the time of Jesus. In the Old Testament of the Bible, prophet Job declares, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there.” Job 1:21. How can a man return to his mother’s womb if not through rebirth into
another body?
That is an interesting scripture. But, if Job tells he returns there, it really is not the same as being reincarnated.

ajay0

Christianity as taught by the church in modern times is markedly different from the original Christianity taught by Christ 2000 years back.

It is quite possible that teachings of reincarnation were there in the original christianity taught by christ as there were christian sects then that believed in reincarnation. Many christian gnostic sects had the belief in reincarnation.

Origen is said to have taught reincarnation in his lifetime and it is alleged that when his works were translated into Latin these references were deliberately concealed.

Modern christianity as defined by the church came into existence when christianity was accepted by the romans after centuries of brutal persecution of christians.Many of the roman pagan festivals were transplanted into christianity.

The romans, while being proficient in war, administration and political science, were not adept in spirituality and a religious culture.

The councils of Constantinople and Nicea compiled the biblical scriptures and editted them as per roman sensibilities. All other versions that varied with the roman version was considered heretical and ruthlessly wiped out.

I had read the bible when I was sixteen, but could not make any heads and tails out of it as it was incoherent. It was the study of the teachings of Advaita of Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Jainism, Sufism and nondual philosophy that enabled me to make better sense and understanding of it.

Imo, this incoherence is the reason for the aberrations that we find in the form of those who are committed to psychiatric care due to paranoia of the devil or hellfire, and the Skoptsy, a christian sect that erroneously believed in self-mutilation.

This is however due to the unscrupulous editions of the Bible by the romans and not due to any fault of Christ. I would say it is not just Christ, but the bible itself was crucified by the Romans. It became more of a control mechanism to condition the rebellious christians to be more passive and deferential to roman authority. The roman empire collapsed centuries back but its legacy in the form of the edited bible remains today as well.

Imo, the original teachings of Christ was more of a comprehensive and complete system, and just a shadow of it remains today. The original christianity was similar to Advaita, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Taoism and Sufism.

Original christianity , as I see it, is very similar to Sufism, where there exists the theme of enlightenment.

Like Jesus Christ, the enlightened sufi sage Mansur Al Hallaj was similarly tortured and killed by the orthodox section and rulers for alleged blasphemy.

He is best known for his saying: "I am the Truth" (Ana'l-aqq), eerily similar to Jesus's own statement "I and the Father are one." ~ Jesus Christ (John 10:30).

I would say Christians should investigate the real import of Christ's teachings instead of merely memorizing them. There is a real science behind it, and not mere vague abstractions.

If they don't investigate they will merely keep beating their heads around edited verses they are not able to comprehend properly. But if they are open-minded and investigate without fear, they will be able to clearly comprehend the true meaning of the teachings.

Western science and technology flourished and lifted off from the Dark Ages after they investigated and accepted without prejudice eastern mathematics and technologies like compass, astrolabe, glassmaking , papermaking and printing.

As Alexis Carrell stated, "A few observation and much reasoning lead to error; many observations and a little reasoning to truth."

Just as Buddhism's original purpose is to create Buddha's not Buddhists, similarly Christianity's original purpose as well is to create Christs who can bring auspiciousness and great good, not fearful and docile Christians.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So where are the proofs for reincarnation? So far all I have seen is claims of the ancients sorely lacking evidence let alone proof in my view.
There is no proof beyond personal testimony, opinion, and incidents of children saying weird things about where they came from. Although I'm a staunch believer in reincarnation, I don't think it's provable, and would never try to prove it to anyone. It's just not that important to daily life.

justaguy313

Premium Member
Despite mainstream Judaism’s rejection of reincarnation, the religion does teach about a large scale “resurrection.” When the Messiah comes to initiate the perfect world of peace and prosperity, the righteous dead will be brought back to life and given the opportunity to experience
the perfected world. This event is largely interpreted to be a literal resurrection of the dead. But could it be talking about a resurrection, not of the body, but of the soul?
Like Judaism and Christianity, Islamic scholars deny the transmigration of the soul. But didn’t God say, in the Holy Quran,

"And you were dead, and He brought you back to life. And He shall cause you to die, and shall bring you back to life, and in the end shall gather you unto Himself.”

Holy Quran 2:28.

Didn’t God warn that,

“The disbelievers said; “This is something strange and unbelievable.
Once we are dead and become dust…? No, such a returning will never take place.”

ق – 3,2

Didn’t God declare,

“From the earth We created you, and into it We will return you, and from it We will extract you another time.”

Holy Quran 20:55

In fact, the Quranic verses which talk about a return to life after death are numerous. But the proof does not end there. When asked, “is reincarnation true?” Imam Ahmed Al Hassan (pbuh) replied, “…it is true. The soul never dies.” And Ahlul Bayt (pbut) left behind many narrations,
which support the existence of reincarnation. One of the most important sources on the topic is the manuscript entitled, Al Haft Al Sherif.
The manuscript relays a conversation between Imam Al-Sadiq (pbuh) and his companion Al Mufaddal ibn Umar al-Gaafi. In the manuscript, Imam Al Sadiq (pbuh) cites the evidence for reincarnation from the Quran, Sunnah and Ahadith. The doors of the manuscript talk about the different forms of reincarnation. Like the Hindus and the ancient Greek philosophers believed, Imam Al Sadiq (pbuh) confirms that the soul can, indeed, move between different types of bodies, based on the fruit of their actions. Those who do good deeds will incarnate as humans once again,
while those who exhibit wickedness will take on a lower form. The soul, which reincarnates from human to human form, is Naskh and the soul which transmigrates from human to animal, is called a Maskh. Proof of this occurrence is written in the Holy Quran.

Surah Al-Mai’da chapter 5, verse 60 states,

“Say, "Shall I inform you of [what is] worse than that as penalty from Allah? [It is that of] those whom Allah has cursed and with whom He became
angry and made of them apes and pigs and slaves of Taghut. Those are worse in position and further astray from the sound way.”

The journey of the soul is a mystery, which we are only just beginning to understand.
Would it surprise you to learn that the way you look right now is likely the same way you have looked before, in a previous incarnation? When Imam Ahmed Alhasan (pbuh) was asked about the bodies, which the soul inhabits he (pbuh) said, “Each soul has a certain number of different images. It can incarnate into these images or images close to it in appearance.”
Imam Ahmed Al Hassan (pbuh) revealed some examples of people who look identical today as they did in their previous incarnation. The resemblance is startling. And it should make a person stop and really think about his own soul.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is some supporting evidence for rebirth until it reaches the crazy "soul" notion where it turns into reincarnation.

justaguy313

Premium Member
In 2016, a team at the University of St Andrews, UK, conducted an important study of the brain while experiencing Déjà vu. Head researcher Akira O’Connor and his team used fMRI to scan the brains of 21 volunteers while they experienced this triggered déjà vu. We might expect that
areas of the brain involved in memories, such as the hippocampus, would be active during this phenomenon, but this wasn’t the case. O’Connor’s team found that the frontal areas of the brain that are involved in decision making were active instead.
The team concluded that the frontal regions of the brain are likely checking through all of our memories, and sending signals if there’s some kind of memory error - a conflict between what we’ve actually experienced and what we think we’ve experienced.
If you are experiencing Déjà vu, be certain that you have, indeed, experienced this before but perhaps not in this physical existence. Sometimes the memory is jogged by an experience in a dream and sometimes it is the soul recalling an experience from a previous incarnation.
Memories are an important map for the soul’s journey. In many cases, they are the definitive evidence, which links one life to another. As life is just beginning, the human mind is open. In fact, some of the most compelling evidence for reincarnation comes straight from the mouths of babes.
Young children sometimes speak about things, which cannot be explained. Maybe a child talks about when they were "bigger" or when they lived somewhere that they haven't. Sometimes children recount frighteningly accurate details about things they could not possibly know about.

The ego, the human body, encases the soul and often causes it to forget itself. Have you ever had the experience of standing between two mirrors? If you stand in just the right spot between them, you can look into a seemingly infinite number of rooms and images of yourself. But, while this image appears startlingly real, it is simply an illusion, much like everything we think we experience in this physical world. The world we live in has a tenacious sense of reality to it, as if solids were really solid and colors were really color—even though we now know that solid objects are well over 99.9999% empty space and that colors are merely the vibration of tiny packets of electromagnetic energy called photons, received in a chemical reaction in our retina and converted to electrochemical data for their transmission to our brain, where reality is assembled. Even our culture—made entirely from ephemeral thoughts, ideas, and beliefs—somehow seems real. These rigid boundaries form the membrane of the reality we live in - our egg, both personally and collectively. And they have a way of keeping the higher self trapped.

justaguy313

Premium Member

Sargonski

So where are the proofs for reincarnation? So far all I have seen is claims of the ancients sorely lacking evidence let alone proof in my view.

I agree that no proof was provided in the OP .. but I do claim that proof of a sort exists .. not that the soul goes somewhere .. I can not tell you that.. but, with a few minor assumptions .. can tell you that existence is eternal .. at least by my calculations.

So .. first I have define soul as awareness of one's own existence - or an entity that has the capability for self awareness .. and possibility to actualize that potential. I like to call it the "I AM" moment ... with a clear pun on the Bible I AM conflated with Monty Python's version of Philosophy and Descarte "I Drink there for I AM"

This definition complicates the abortion issue .. as the "I AM" moment does not come until around 22 weeks .. prior to which the wiring of the brain is not complete .. and hence the fleshy abode can not capacitate the "I AM" Interestingly .. when the wiring finally completes .. the brain lightes up like an xmas tree ... the lights are on .. and someone is home. If you can't tell me when the soul arrives .. one is hard pressed to claim a human exists prior to the "I AM" moment .. just a fleshy abode of organic compounds.

Prior to the "I AM" moment -- there was only a probability that the "I AM" moment would occur .. that atoms and molecules would arrange themselves in the proper configuration to generate the energy configuration for danieldemol .

Now .. the problem here is calculating the probability of all these atoms and molecules arranging themselves in the proper configuration. Fortunately .. we know that this event happened at least once ... and a whole lot of other times for all the others .. but once in the case of you personally.

Since you are here .. and clearly exist .. then there must have been a finite probability of this event happening prior to your existence.

and now the one assumption --- Time is infinite. If this is the case then all finite probabilities will repeat an infinite number of times .. and thus .. existence is eternal :)

danieldemol

Premium Member
and now the one assumption --- Time is infinite. If this is the case then all finite probabilities will repeat an infinite number of times .. and thus .. existence is eternal :)
That's not traditional reincarnation though in my view.
If my atoms eventually re-arrange in the same composition it would just be me, it wouldn't be my spirit in some different arrangement of atoms such as when for example a Hindu may believe their grandpa is reincarnated as a great grandson or other animal.

It's also not guaranteed to happen because the universe may have a boring ending in heat death according to my understanding.

Sargonski

If my atoms eventually re-arrange in the same composition it would just be me, it wouldn't be my spirit in some different arrangement of atoms such as when for example a Hindu may believe their grandpa is reincarnated as a great grandson or other animal.

It's also not guaranteed to happen because the universe may have a boring ending in heat death according to my understanding.

Not sure what "Traditional" reincarnation all entails ... but part of all reincarnation is the soul - and its transport from one living entity to another.
How this happens .. we are not told in the religious dogma. and that is the part which I have explained. different ideas on what determines where that soul might go is a separate issue.

"Not Guaranteed" you say ?! .. quite the reverse has been proven if time is infinite .. keep rolling 100 dice .. over and over .. for infinity.. that all one's come up is guaranteed.

Now .. let us make another assumption --- that there is a force (call this force a God if you fancy) that influences the roll of the dice in a certain direction .. as this is what we appear to see in nature .. something pushing the Chaos towards order. and oddly enough ... the ancients saw this as well .. this being the core of ancient religious belief .. the battle between chaos and order rather than strictly the good vs evil .. black vs white paradigm.

What this means .. is that the flow of matter is being directed to produce living beings "Like you" .. hence why you look around and there are many like you .. and eventually .. to produce a configuration of matter that will produce the same (or similar enough) energy pattern to be you .. because that is all that you are .. in the conscious realm .. a ghost in the machine .. an energy pattern that persists and is aware of its own existence .. and partly of that which it is composed.

Sargonski

I forgot to address the "Heat Death" .. What does this mean ? and no you can't construct a new paradigm on the basis of a bunch of constricting assumptions .. as this violates the time is infinite clause .. as you are assuming that with this "Heat Death" .. all matter disappears ... which is existentialist fallacy on high :) "Life is but a Dream" - Stuff.

Let us assume that the big bang will expand .. then come back and blow up again .. or perhaps there are other Universes .. .. we simply don't know .. but the self limiting assumption you are taking is that all matter will disappear from existence for eternity.

If that is the case ... then why are we here to begin with .. as that event should have already happened .. given we can go infinitely backwards in time ?

danieldemol

Premium Member
If that is the case ... then why are we here to begin with .. as that event should have already happened .. given we can go infinitely backwards in time ?
We can't go infinitely backwards in time that I know of as time possibly began with the expansion of the universe in my view.

Sargonski

We can't go infinitely backwards in time that I know of as time possibly began with the expansion of the universe in my view.
Look - you are making defacto claims that you can not back up.. nor are these claims backed up by any of the Science of what we know about the universe.

You are assuming that nothing existed prior to the Big Bang .. that something came out of nothing and there is no way for you to prove that claim true .. and everything we know about everything screams that this claim is false.

No Cosmologist that I am aware of nor any hypothesis nor any theory claims that nothing existed prior to the Big Bang.

How can something come from nothing ?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Look - you are making defacto claims that you can not back up.. nor are these claims backed up by any of the Science of what we know about the universe.
Physician heal thyself in my view.
You are assuming that nothing existed prior to the Big Bang .. that something came out of nothing and there is no way for you to prove that claim true .. and everything we know about everything screams that this claim is false.

No Cosmologist that I am aware of nor any hypothesis nor any theory claims that nothing existed prior to the Big Bang.

How can something come from nothing ?
Strawman, the universe as I know it came about when something at T>0 began expanding, I do not know what was before that (or if there was a before that). It may have been something or it may have been a small point of spacetime or something else, I do not know and prefer honest uncertainty to certain dogmatic assumption in my opinion.

Reincarnation arose in northern India between the years 1000 and 600 BC, just at the same time that prophet David and his descendants ruled Israel up until the fall of Jerusalem. The first reference to reincarnation idea is at least 2,600 years old. It appears in the sacred scriptures of Hinduism.
According to the faith, a soul reincarnates again and again on earth until it becomes perfect and reunites with its source. During this process the soul enters into many bodies, assumes many forms and lives many lives. In the Bhagivad Gita, prophet Krishna illustrates this process, saying:
"Just as a man discards worn out clothes and puts on new clothes, the soul discards worn out bodies and wears new ones."
As Hinduism is the great progenitor of religions in the East and the West, the theory that the soul inhabits several different bodies has survived through the centuries and spread to different worlds.
In the 6th century BC, two new religions appeared in India, both had its origins in Hinduism and still exist. The first is Jainism, founded by the Indian prince Nataputa Vardamana. The second is Buddhism, founded by Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha. The biggest concern of Vardamana and Gautama, more or less contemporary to biblical prophets Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi, was how to cross the “river” which separates samsara, the endless cycle of rebirths, from moksha, the final release.
In this same century, the Greek philosopher and mathematician Pythagoras, who was born around the year 580 BC, stated that the soul is immortal. According to Pythagoras, the human soul can migrate from one human body to another, but also to the bodies of other creatures, such as animals or even plants. With each new incarnation, the soul loses the memory of the past. So every time we all live our lives as if we live for the first time. As far as we know, this is the first time that the theory of reincarnation was mentioned in the West. In the following century, Greek philosopher Plato taught that the soul is born many times, even for 10 thousand years, before it finally departs to heavenly bliss. Plato famously stated, “we do not learn, and that what we call learning is only a
process of recollection.”
Belief in the cycle of birth, life, death, and rebirth continued to appear in philosophy and shape belief for centuries. But in today’s world, the soul’s journey is often a controversial topic, particularly when dealing with established religions. The Abrahamic faiths - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - deny the existence of reincarnation even though the proof for it appears in their holy books.
The Christian church teaches that the whole thrust of the Bible opposes reincarnation. But few people realise that early christians did, in fact, believe in reincarnation. The idea only fell out of favour in the sixth century.
Jesus (pbuh) once clearly stated, “…Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:12. And a single sentence in the book of John shows that reincarnation ideas were present among Jesus’ followers. The apostles asked Jesus about a man who was born blind, “Did this man sin or his parents that he was born blind?” John 9:1. The idea that you were punished for your parents’ sins was common in Judaism, but that a man could sin and be born blind as a consequence is more difficult to explain. The only explanation is that he had sinned in a previous incarnation and his deeds in that round caused his affliction. This would indicate that the apostles and Jesus were discussing reincarnation. But this is not the only proof for
transmigration of the soul in Christian doctrine.
As a Buddhist, I can share with you some perspectives on the concept of reincarnation. It is important to note that proving reincarnation is a deeply personal and subjective experience, and it may not be possible to provide concrete scientific evidence for it. However, Buddhism offers insights and teachings that can help one understand and contemplate the idea of reincarnation.

In Buddhism, reincarnation is considered to be part of the continuous cycle of birth, death, and rebirth known as samsara. The belief in reincarnation is rooted in the understanding that existence is not limited to a single lifetime, but rather an ongoing process of cause and effect.

One way to approach the idea of reincarnation is through the concept of karma. According to Buddhist teachings, karma refers to the actions, intentions, and volitions that shape our present and future experiences. Our actions in this life will have consequences in future lives, just as our current life is influenced by our past actions.

Another aspect to consider is the accounts of individuals who claim to have memories or experiences that suggest past lives. While these accounts cannot be scientifically verified, they provide anecdotal evidence that supports the concept of reincarnation. Many Buddhist traditions also have practices, such as meditation and regression therapy, that aim to explore past-life memories and experiences.

Ultimately, the belief in reincarnation is a matter of personal faith and understanding. Buddhism encourages individuals to investigate and contemplate their own experiences and beliefs, rather than relying solely on external proof. By practicing mindfulness, meditation, and self-reflection, one can develop a deeper understanding of the nature of existence and potentially gain insight into the concept of reincarnation.