• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
hey,i respect you guys for not having a hell but what proof do you have that you are right?

the hebrew scriptures do not have a hell theology. The word which is translated into hell in english is from the hebrew word 'shoel'
The verses where this word appears does not present sheol as being a place of torment as many religions teach.

Eg. the Bible writers did not believe that the dead experience anything.
Eccl. 9:5, 10: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all . . . All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol,* the place to which you are going.” (If they are conscious of nothing, they obviously feel no pain.) (*“Sheol,” AS, RS, NE, JB; “the grave,” KJ, Kx; “hell,” Dy; “the world of the dead,” TEV.)

Ps. 146:4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts* do perish.” (*“Thoughts,” KJ, 145:4 in Dy; “schemes,” JB; “plans,” RS, TEV.)

Besides this, the Bible does not say that the soul survives the death of the body.
Ezek. 18:4: “The soul* that is sinning—it itself will die.” (*“Soul,” KJ, Dy, RS, NE, Kx; “the man,” JB; “the person,” TEV.)

And the bible also says that the good and wicked both go to hell/sheol.
Ps. 9:17, KJ: “The wicked shall be turned into hell,* and all the nations that forget God.” (*“Hell,” 9:18 in Dy; “death,” TEV; “the place of death,” Kx; “Sheol,” AS, RS, NE, JB, NW.)

Job 14:13, Dy: “[Job prayed:] Who will grant me this, that thou mayst protect me in hell,* and hide me till thy wrath pass, and appoint me a time when thou wilt remember me?” (*“The grave,” KJ; “the world of the dead,” TEV; “Sheol,” AS, RS, NE, JB, NW.)

Acts 2:25-27, KJ: “David speaketh concerning him [Jesus Christ], . . . Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell,* neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.” If Jesus was said to be in hell, then surely it is not a place for the wicked...good people go there too because hell really means the 'grave'

kjw47

hey,i respect you guys for not having a hell but what proof do you have that you are right?

As well as what Pegg showed--- at deuteronomy 32:4-- it teaches this truth about the true God--- All of Gods ways are justice--- Justice is a set of balanced scales--- lets apply the teaching of a place of eternal torment on justice scales---
On one side 70-90 years of unrepented sin------ on the other side trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of years of never ending punishment--- Not the true God taught by his word-- symbolism taught in the nt. And i do believe that the false teachers know that its a sadistic lie being taught about the true God.

Jensen

hel means to cover over such as in helmet, therefore hell means to cover over, such as in the grave one is covered over.

Jensen

kjw47

hel means to cover over such as in helmet, therefore hell means to cover over, such as in the grave one is covered over.

Jensen

Sheol= hebrew= hades=greek== the common grave of mankind. Yes one is covered over.