• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prominent Marks of the True Church of the Lord Today

nutshell

adlemi said:
nutshell said:
[/color][/size][/size]

The Lord God said:

"I Am the Pastor. I Am the Good Pastor. Keep in your mind that there are no others who will teach you except Me. If ever that you will be explaining with each other, same will only be in accordance with your will, same will be in accordance with your own thinking. Hence, keep in your mind that whosoever will act being a pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away My post being the Good Pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away my post being the Good Pastor because you are only human beings, those of you who act as pastors, those of you who teach and standing up in front of many people, those of you who are doers of iniquities, those of you who cast out devils in My name. Keep in your mind that in My Second coming, many will call to Me saying, Lord, Lord, didn’t we do powerful works and in your name we cast out devils, we did healing. But keep in your mind, I will say to them, never at any time do I know you, I do not know you at any time, those of you who are habitual workers of iniquity, those of you who are casting out devils. Keep in your mind that if you cast out devils, you are snatching away the title role which properly belongs to Me only. If there is any being possessed by demon that you may encounter, you should only pray to Me and in that manner I Am ready to hear your prayer and I will hear your every plea that you will whisper to Me, that you will shout, that you will pray to. I will help you and I will never forsake you at any time much more to those people who are with Me and who follow Me."

Kindly compare what you are saying vis a vis with this Words directly from the Lord God Jesus Christ if you can find that priest is allowed to lead the Church.

This one deals more of the Leader of the Church that no one from among mankind will act as the Leader of the Church because we are all at par with each other, meaning we are all believers and no one is a pastor or a leader of the Church but only the Lord God. Secondary to this is just what you are saying above.
This one is well explained by the Lord in His above Words._______________________________________________________________

God himself is the true Scriptures that He can always utter them at any point in time to anyone whom He wishes to. No earthly scriptures found and discovered by men can teach us the real TRUTH but only God himself, bear that in your mind always. All must call on and call to the Lord God in the right way for God to come in directly to our life here on earth and in eternity.

Please reference the scripture you seem to be quoting and I'll support my argument with the same.

Booko

Deviled Hen
adlemi said:
Are you kidding? Jesus Christ is the Almighty Lord God and He is just besides you right now? You don't have to move either to find Jesus, all you have to do is to speak up with Him?

My cat is God? :kat:

No, seriously, ok, if Jesus Christ is beside me right now (which, fwiw, I accept), how do I know if what I hear is coming from Him or coming from my own egoistic desires?

Humans are very good at self-delusion, after all. Many people claim that God has spoken to them, and then proceed to fill the world with hate.

How can I avoid falling into this trap, if there is nothing for me to look at to see if what I heard was from God or from myself?

Booko

Deviled Hen
nutshell said:
adlemi said:
Please reference the scripture you seem to be quoting and I'll support my argument with the same.

Actually, I was about to ask how it's possible to claim that the Bible is unnecessary, and then quote something that looks like scripture as if it's authoritative.

The Bible has at least stood the test of time. I've no idea where the other stuff is coming from. It could come from God or from someone's overactive imagination. How can one tell?

adlemi

Booko said:
My cat is God? :kat:

No, seriously, ok, if Jesus Christ is beside me right now (which, fwiw, I accept), how do I know if what I hear is coming from Him or coming from my own egoistic desires?
Talk to God and ask Him how can you be sure of that it is God speaking to you and not anyone else of the evil spirits.

Humans are very good at self-delusion, after all. Many people claim that God has spoken to them, and then proceed to fill the world with hate.
God is not just an illusion because God is real and alive. We can read from the bible that God spoke to those who truly believed in Him, is there any big deal now why would we not trust God in that way this time?
How can I avoid falling into this trap, if there is nothing for me to look at to see if what I heard was from God or from myself?
By your sincere faith and trust in God only (remember God is not the bible). The moment that you do not have this right faith in God, then you are right in the trap where you are trying to avoid much in your life.

Booko

Deviled Hen
adlemi said:
Talk to God and ask Him how can you be sure of that it is God speaking to you and not anyone else of the evil spirits.

I was asking you, since you seemed to know how to do this.

God is not just an illusion because God is real and alive. We can read from the bible that God spoke to those who truly believed in Him, is there any big deal now why would we not trust God in that way this time?

And yet, you appear to criticize people for relying on the Bible, though you do so yourself here. This is confusing, to say the least.

By your sincere faith and trust in God only (remember God is not the bible). The moment that you do not have this right faith in God, then you are right in the trap where you are trying to avoid much in your life.

Of course God is not the bible. It's because of God that I am a Baha'i. But having the Bible available to prove that Baha'u'llah was who He claimed to be was essential.

If I depended only on myself talking to God and making a mistake about whom I was talking to, I might think just any schmo had made a valid claim. Lots of people claim prophethood. Only a very few claims are legit.

adlemi

Booko said:
nutshell said:
Actually, I was about to ask how it's possible to claim that the Bible is unnecessary, and then quote something that looks like scripture as if it's authoritative.

The Bible has at least stood the test of time. I've no idea where the other stuff is coming from. It could come from God or from someone's overactive imagination. How can one tell?
The bible contains word of God, word of the devil, letters, traditions, cultures, laws, and letters of men, hence even God speak to you, you can find some of the word that God will utter to you in the bible but not all in the bible is God's Word.

Without directly having God as your Good Pastor and Teacher in your life, how can you arrive at the TRUTH and how can you get yourself acquainted with the Lord God? The bible cannot lead us to the truth but just to confusion.

adlemi

Booko said:
I was asking you, since you seemed to know how to do this.
The way that you are talking to any of your fella.

And yet, you appear to criticize people for relying on the Bible, though you do so yourself here. This is confusing, to say the least.
I am just telling them to put all their trust in God and not from the bible or any other scriptures found and discovered by men.

Of course God is not the bible. It's because of God that I am a Baha'i. But having the Bible available to prove that Baha'u'llah was who He claimed to be was essential.
Whatever affiliation you have in your life, only One God reigns over all mankind, Bahai, Muslim, Christian, Budhist, Atheist, etc. Whatever name people call God, He is only the Almighty Lord God of all and He will surely come in this world in the Judgment Day.
If I depended only on myself talking to God and making a mistake about whom I was talking to, I might think just any schmo had made a valid claim. Lots of people claim prophethood. Only a very few claims are legit.
Throw away those thoughts which only belongs to you and just believe that there is God and start calling on and coming to this God, talk to Him, ask HIm, and God will come in to your side and into your life.

lunamoth

Will to love
Prominent marks of the True Church? Here's a good description:

6 "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness [a] will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
"If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday. 11 The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.

I didn't say it; Isaiah did.

adlemi

nutshell said:
adlemi said:
What I did post here is a direct qoutation quoted to us by the Lord God Jesus Christ in our time today. He reveals to us that He is the Almighty Lord God in the Old Testament and He dwelt/inhabited in the flesh born of Mary in the New Testament. The bible is not God, hence how can you find this in the bible. All you have to do is to call on to directly with the Lord God Jesus Christ now and talk to Him and ask of Him the truth the you need in your life. See another one from the Lord God Jesus Christ, He said:

“I said unto a woman, what was the last sin that you committed today? The woman replied, I cannot remember, Then I said, you cannot remember or you do not know the meaning of sin. The woman replied, please forgive me because I do not know the meaning of sin.” [FONT=&quot]

”I then said unto a rich one doing a charitable work, what was the last sin that you committed today? The woman replied, I never did sin because I was busy doing a charitable work and good deeds. You are stupid with your sin. You will never be saved by your good deeds. Come ye all and I will teach you. Only your Lord can teach you what is the meaning of sin much more so that in the bible many are erratic and are not included that’s why if in it is written do not kill, the meaning of do not is not proper to do but if it will not be your Lord who will teach you, then how will you know that even these are wrong or right? UNLESS YOU THROW AWAY THE OLD, THOSE THAT YOU LEARN BY YOURSELF, THERE AND THEN THAT THE WISDOM COMING FROM THE LORD WILL COME TO YOU BUT IF YOU WILL NOT THROW AWAY THE OLD, YOU WILL REMAIN STUPID IN KNOWING THE MEANING OF SIN BECAUSE NOBODY CAN EVER TEACH YOU THE MEANING OF THOSE BUT YOUR LORD GOD. ANY GOOD DEED WILL SAVE YOU NOT UNLESS YOU TRUST AND ENTRUST YOUR LIFE TO YOUR ALMIGHTY LORD GOD.” [/FONT]

adlemi

lunamoth said:
Prominent marks of the True Church? Here's a good description:
Isaiah didn't say this, not even God himself, but you only.

6 "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness [a] will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
"If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday. 11 The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
These are in the book of Isaiah if that is what you mean below.
I didn't say it; Isaiah did.
You didn't say what? What did Isaiah did? Do you have a personal knowledge about what Isaiah did?