• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project 2025?

Viker

Häxan
This is a 17 minute video. If you don't want to watch it that's fine. It lays out an agenda of around 50 or so conservative organizations working in concert to effect, they hope to be a Republican, the next president. Some of what they hope to achieve is truly bone chilling. If you decide to watch there will be further links to follow underneath the video, as usual on YouTube videos. Here we go!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I didn't get much response on this thread either.

Viker

Häxan

I didn't get much response on this thread either.
Sorry about that. Didn't mean to double post. I guess no one gives a **** about the subject. It's horrifically sad. If P2025 gets what they wish for, I wonder if anyone would even notice living in an American version of Iran or Saudi Arabia. Probably not. Sad.

Viker

Häxan
I don't think it's that no one cares. It's more like "What am I supposed to do about it?"
It's intimidating and terrifyingly complex. This isn't MAGA, those are the goons. This is a well thought out plan. It's going to take voting and likely rolling back current presidential powers.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry about that. Didn't mean to double post. I guess no one gives a **** about the subject. It's horrifically sad. If P2025 gets what they wish for, I wonder if anyone would even notice living in an American version of Iran or Saudi Arabia. Probably not. Sad.

No worries, it happens all the time.

But I agree that this sounds like a plan for a fascist regime. There were some parts which I would think even conservatives would balk at, such as the idea of giving the President total control over the Federal Reserve Bank.

Of course, some people responded that it was just "clickbait" and that it would never happen. "This just can't happen in America!"

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The right wing has been working toward this for the last 50 years through a variety of organizations and policies. They've gotten more impatient about it more recently because they see their base in the population steadily shrinking in relation to those horrible minorities and immigrants...

Viker

Häxan
No worries, it happens all the time.

But I agree that this sounds like a plan for a fascist regime. There were some parts which I would think even conservatives would balk at, such as the idea of giving the President total control over the Federal Reserve Bank.

Of course, some people responded that it was just "clickbait" and that it would never happen. "This just can't happen in America!"
If you had told anyone in America 20 years ago that something like January 6th could and probably will happen, they would have laughed in your face and called you a nut job, "where's your tin foil cap?" they probably would say.

Viker

Häxan
The right wing has been working toward this for the last 50 years through a variety of organizations and policies. They've gotten more impatient about it more recently because they see their base in the population steadily shrinking in relation to those horrible minorities and immigrants...
The reason I left the GOP, to vote against them forever, was I know about corporatism and that the GOP is favored. The corporatists simply needed public support they knew they could not get on their own. The religious right was gaining that public support they needed. All trimming that big government has ever meant has been deregulation. Republicans are the biggest government spenders around.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The reason I left the GOP, to vote against them forever, was I know about corporatism and that the GOP is favored. The corporatists simply needed public support they knew they could not get on their own. The religious right was gaining that public support they needed. All trimming that big government has ever meant has been deregulation. Republicans are the biggest government spenders around.
They have pursued the path of 'borrow and spend' with the overall intent of putting the government so far in debt that it cannot afford to provide any but the most basic of services...mostly national defense, but traditionally also law enforcement and regulation of individual behavior. At least that's been my experience.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I don't think it's that no one cares. It's more like "What am I supposed to do about it?"

VOTE. Go out and VOTE!!!

For a while it's going to be "Democrats right or wrong" until we can get to fix that too.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Maybe I should rename this thread to draw anybody's interest.

The title was good enough to draw me in. The problem is, as a non American there is little i can say or do... Except...

All i can suggest is make plans to sell up and get out of there should they get into a position to put project 2025 into action. You can be sure that if it does see the light of day it won't stop there with worse on the horizon.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is a 17 minute video. If you don't want to watch it that's fine. It lays out an agenda of around 50 or so conservative organizations working in concert to effect, they hope to be a Republican, the next president. Some of what they hope to achieve is truly bone chilling. If you decide to watch there will be further links to follow underneath the video, as usual on YouTube videos. Here we go!

*Yawn*

It's not like progressives are ever wrong about anything... carry on with the endless fearmongering.