• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Progressive Contemplative Christianity

dsaly1969

We are all children of the same God (Ultimate Reality), but as fallible human beings we have the natural tendency to forget our interconnectedness with each other. This forgetfulness and ignorance can lead to anger, fear, and hatred of others. We then tend to elevate our desires over the needs and well-being of others which causes unnecessary suffering in our lives as well as the lives of others. This tendency towards egocentric selfishness and ignorance is known as sin, the devil, or "Satan".

The New Covenant of Love through Grace established by Jesus Christ provides for the Ultimate Reconciliation of ALL through Jesus Christ. The New Commandment of Jesus is the only Commandment of the New Covenant of Love. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" (John 13:34). God is perfect and complete so the best way we can demonstrate our love for God is through our love and compassion for others by heeding the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I use hesychasm, also known as the Jesus Prayer ("Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."), as a form of Christian meditation help us to keep me mindful and to help me heed the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the still small voice within, to better follow the New Commandment. This is true baptism and communion with the Spirit. We bring heavenly conditions into our lives when we elevate love of God and love towards others over love of power and love of oneself. We bring hellish conditions into our lives when we do the opposite.

A life lived by following the New Commandment through the Grace of God would make us become more peaceful and compassionate, as well as less self-centered and greedy. We can live life simply and in service to others as a witness to God’s love for the world no matter about their ethnicity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender identity, religious persuasion, etc. By simply entrusting in Jesus and God's Grace, we can enjoy the fruits of living out the New Covenant IN THIS LIFE which produces gratitude and joy in us, not condemnation and fear. This is true salvation from sin.

Last edited: