• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Print Too Small!

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Hi, as I mentioned I have been reading the catechism of the church online, (Love it!) but I keep having to stop and today I realized why I am having to stop so much. It's giving me a headache from straining to read the fine print. It is SO small! Okay I know this isn't the first time I've complained about small print, but darn it is so small.

Does anyone know where I can find one that is bigger or magnify it somehow? It would be a huge hassle to have to keep on copying, pasting and enlarging it in Word, but I guess that is what I will have to do if nothing else. Thanks...

Oh and while we're on the subject of the catechism I just have to say, it took me over 4 years in Christian Bible studies to figure out all the things that were all the time spelled out completely concerning written scripture - like about having to take into consideration the culture of the times, etc. in the catechism! I wish I'd read that first!

How come you guys never told me the catechism was so good? Or maybe you did and I just wasn't paying attention. D'oh!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Your computer should have a built in magnafying glass.
If you are using Windows XP, click start, then control panel. If it is under Catagory view,click the accessibility options, in the upper left hand side of the screen, it will say, see also, then under that will be an option that says magnifier. With that, you can chose how big to magnify the screen. The only problem, you can only see half the screen at a time. One half magnified, the other not magnified. It also rearanges your desktop icons.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
On most computers and most web sites if you hold down Ctrl and press the + sign, it will enlarge every thing. text pages usually rearange them selves for width but you have to scroll down to see the rest of the page. You can scroll up and down with the mouse wheel.
Try on this page to see what I mean

Terry
______________________________-
Blessed are those who bring peace, they shall be children of God

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel on it, hitting Ctrl and scrolling the wheel makes it larger or smaller depending on which way you scroll it.

If you don't have a mouse with a scroll wheel and the Ctrl + thing doesn't work, try minimizing everything, right-clicking on the desktop, selecting Properties, then going to the Settings tab in the window that pops up. From there you can reduce the size of your screen in the section that says 'screen resolution', which will make things bigger.

Scott1

J4L said:
How come you guys never told me the catechism was so good? Or maybe you did and I just wasn't paying attention. D'oh!
Yes.... I sure did... hehe.... so glad you like it..... just a quick tip... the Vatican Site www.vatican.va has all of the documents referred to in the Catechism notes (LG, DS etc.).. if you get stuck on something, it helped me to read the context of a document refered to (if there was a reference).... again, any questions, let me know.

As far as the size, if you have the means you can buy one.... the text in the Editio Typica is pretty large.... or you can get the smaller size for 9 bucks.... either one is great.... you can make notes and highlight things to review later.... it's quite a lot to try and read and retain on the first read!

Which online site are you using? These two are pretty good size text:
http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/ccc.html

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Seyorni said:
No effect, TWP.
Works every time for me. I am using Firefox browser and windows XP home with sp2

May be firefox is the answer and it is free. much much better than explorer anyway.

Terry

Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Okay I think I've got it figured out. I went to 2nd site Scott suggested, and that one did allow me to adjust the text size under "view" on my browser toolbar. Wow I feel like such a nerd saying that.
*adjusts horn rimmed glasses*

I do not reccomend this: http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p1s1c2a3.htm site, that's the one I was trying before and it is microscopic print which doesn't change when you try to change it. Which I find really annoying when it comes to things like websites and men.

Yes, I did order a catechism book last week but it still hasn't come yet. I promised my husband I wouldnt' buy anything else non-essential this month...craft hobbies are expensive...:eek:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
johnnys4life said:
I do not reccomend this: http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p1s1c2a3.htm site, that's the one I was trying before and it is microscopic print which doesn't change when you try to change it.
.:eek:
That site respond to both methods for me ,the + way and the scroolwheel way.
I think it is to do with your operating system or browser Or even a setting on either.
We must have a geek who could talk you through it.

Terry

Blessed are the merciful, mercy shall be shown unto them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
If ever you have trouble with small print, there is a magnifying glass in"accessories''/"Accessibility".

If it isn't there, go into add/remove programs in the control panel,Add/Remove window components and choose 'accessibility' tools.:)

Natas

Terrywoodenpic said:
Works every time for me. I am using Firefox browser and windows XP home with sp2

May be firefox is the answer and it is free. much much better than explorer anyway.

Terry
Terry is correct. Firefox will eliminate your magnifying problem, and a lot of other problems with Internet Explorer. It has a built in popup stopper, plus it is customizable to the extreme. I have been using it since it came out and I would never go back to using IE alone. I do keep IE on my computer, but not as the default browser. There are a few sites not modernized for Firefox, but not many. Did I mention it's free?