• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President is above the Law, can impose "I have the right..."

greatcalgarian

White House: Bush did not flip-flop on leaks
Spokesman says president has right to declassify intelligence
Friday, April 7, 2006 Posted: 2004 GMT (0404 HKT)
Lawyers for I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby are seeking sensitive intellgience material to booster his defense.

rowse/Search
Fallout from Libby's testimony (2:03)
RELATED
• CNN's Ensor on documents• Document: Libby court case• Court papers: Libby said Bush OK'd intelligence leak• Libby's lawyers subpoena N.Y. Times, reporters
SPECIAL REPORT

• Libby indicted by grand jury
• Gallery: Key players
• Timeline: Events of the case
• Toobin: Story gets murkier
• The 'untouchable' prosecutor
• Special Report

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The White House on Friday rejected suggestions that President Bush contradicted himself by repeatedly railing against leaks of classified information even though he had approved the release of classified information to bolster the U.S. case for the Iraq war in 2003.
Documents released this week by prosecutors in a CIA leak case contained an assertion by I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the vice president's former chief of staff, that Bush approved the release of information from a classified national intelligence estimate in 2003.