• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pregnant women and children slaughtered in PNG tribal violence

danieldemol

Premium Member
‘The slaughter of more than two dozen people in Papua New Guinea, including pregnant women and children, has been called “the worst pay back killing” in the country's history and marks a disturbing “new trend”, according to PNG officials.

Police Minister Bryan Kramer made the declaration, following his visit to Hela Province in the Southern Highlands where the latest cycle of a decades-long and complex tribal war between people from Pajaka and Yaganda villages ended in massacres last week.

Mr Kramer said in a social media post the recent death toll included the "horrific killing of 23 women and nine children in the worst pay back killing in our country's history".

Local authorities have declared the area a “fighting zone” and extra police and military personnel have been deployed. There have been no reports of further deaths at this stage.

Prime minister Jame Marape called the brutal killings in his electorate of Tari-Pori as “one of the saddest days of his life”’

Read more here: Fears latest round of PNG slaughter could spark 'new trend' in tribal warfare

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Killing is horror and slaughtering is worse. I am the first to admit

Humans still continue to do this, although they know it is horror to the others
Even Trump and Putin sent fighter jets to bomb Syria and other Countries in Middle East

All claim they have a perfectly good reason to condone their horror done to others
But in the end it is still horror that is done to others; however nice you try to sell it

This is a good reminder for first world countries to first "remove the beam out of their own eyes"
Not long ago there was war in Yugoslavia (thousands were raped and killed)
And in the time in between, there have been plenty more of these horrors