• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers on prayer breads

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
In ortodox christianity they have a prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
They pray it like a rosary. You say the prayer many times with prayer breads

1707859313997.png

I like this prayer very much but since I do not believe Jesus is God, I have changed the prayer to: God, have mercy on me a sinner

Do you like the Jesus prayer?

In ortodox christianity they have a prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
They pray it like a rosary. You say the prayer many times with prayer breads
Jesus said:
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Matt. 6:7

That is why I don't like the idea of repeating same line many times in prayer. I believe God or Jesus hears it the first time.
I like this prayer very much but since I do not believe Jesus is God, I have changed the prayer to: God, have mercy on me a sinner

Do you like the Jesus prayer?
I think the prayer is ok. For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
John 5:22

But, I think it is ok also to pray God in the name of Jesus.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Jesus said:
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Matt. 6:7

That is why I don't like the idea of repeating same line many times in prayer. I believe God or Jesus hears it the first time.

I think the prayer is ok. For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
John 5:22

But, I think it is ok also to pray God in the name of Jesus.
catholics, ortodoxs and anglican disagree with you. They do not interpret that Bible verse Matt. 6:7 like you do. They have nothing against the jesus prayer and prayer breads