• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer for grace to fear + love + respect God!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Lord,
I can never agree with how you govern this planet, the distribution of grace, the division you cause by hiding yourself, the contradictions contained in sacred texts, or the atrocities attributed to you in Scripture!

However, time on this earth is very short, so I do beg you to grant the grace to fear and respect you, not just for myself, but for all people!

Please be merciful to everyone , and let euphoria, joy, bliss, and peace, be brought to all people and souls, even to the pits of hell. May they experience joy and healing as well!

Prevent me from arrogance and behaviors that upset the God who is more knowledgeable, powerful, and clever than all creatures combined.

Remind me that the earth is a speck of dust compared to the universe. You know the number of stars and galaxies, have the very hairs on all heads numbered. How much more of a speck of dust am I, who foolishly thought my ideas are better than yours.

Your ways strike me as cruel, unjust, and even sickening at times, but it isn't my place to judge God (who is in the end, our only hope)!

The many souls and entities I pray to cannot help, independent of God's grace and empowering them to help, so it is crucial that I love and fear this God , regardless of whether or not my conscience is okay with his decisions.

So please Lord, take away my rebellion. Or make of me an Israel (Israel means "contender with God") who fights God only in ways that God can sympathize with or find redemptive, noble, and motivated by love.

Purge wickedness, darkness, evil, and depravity from this heart, mind, and soul!

Give the grace to love, please, bless, honor, and respect you in all things. Amen!

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've just come to realize how seriously lacking I am in " fear of the lord", which scripture says is the beginning of wisdom.

Even if I don't go to hell, the many centuries I could spend somewhere being punished is enough to get me to question my behavior.

But also, recognizing there is a being who is all knowing and created this universe and all creatures, is recognizing someone you don't want to tick off, and could be your best friend, advocate, and source of hope!

Plus, Scripture makes it clear that the right intercessors can pull the right strings to get God to change his mind and be more generous and merciful!

So, regardless of whether one likes how he does things, best to respect him!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you disagree with God, all the more reason to try to please him and get on his good side, because the person who can be best equipped for getting God to change his mind , are the people God is most pleased with.

Jesus worked his first miracle reluctantly, he didn't want to do it, before his hour had come, because the right woman asked him to (when he turned water into an alcoholic beverage at a party at Cana :) )

Yahweh "repented of the evil he planned on doing to Israel" because Moses disagreed strongly with God, told God that was a bad idea, gave good reasons why it was a bad idea, and God listened to Moses and obeyed Moses (even to the point Scripture says God "repented of the evil he planned"...).

So, people who disagree with God, actually have Biblical basis for trying to please God (maybe even more than those who see eye-to-eye with him), with the motive of God favoring their ideas over his own, changing his ways, and rewarding them, (if He likes the person contending with him ).

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@Spiderman , you may find encouragement with Psalm 145:18. It is good to be honest in your prayers. God knows how you feel and loves you. :relaxed:
Thank you! I shall devour it like I'm a starving child in the desert who just found a free abandoned ice cream truck! Or.... something.... :p