• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pottermore anyone?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Okay, disregard post above. Friend request sent. I'm SandAuror-something number. (Wish we could choose our own names!)

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
can't decide yet. Trying to get the feel for it... definitely geared for a younger crowd. Mostly, I want to get sorted and I want a wand :D Although, the story notes, background info, is interesting.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Oh gosh! The minute I saw the thread title I immediately rushed to the website and signed in! I've been waiting for this for a few months now!

My name's LumosBlade3480, if anyone wants to add me!

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
can't decide yet. Trying to get the feel for it... definitely geared for a younger crowd. Mostly, I want to get sorted and I want a wand :D Although, the story notes, background info, is interesting.
Yeah that's what drove me to it: wand and house stuff. :D

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Oh gosh! The minute I saw the thread title I immediately rushed to the website and signed in! I've been waiting for this for a few months now!

My name's LumosBlade3480, if anyone wants to add me!
Added! I'm SandAuror22478.

Yeah that's what drove me to it: wand and house stuff. :D
I played last night till I got a wand! I'm such a nerd...

Anyway, I'm a 12 1/4 inch dogwood wand, with a phoenix core, that is surprisingly swishy. I like the sound of that!

Although, my favorite tree is a beech, and reading the descriptions for all the woods, I find that one the most intriguing. Oh well! Mischievous dogwood it is!:D

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Added! I'm SandAuror22478.

I played last night till I got a wand! I'm such a nerd...

Anyway, I'm a 12 1/4 inch dogwood wand, with a phoenix core, that is surprisingly swishy. I like the sound of that!

Although, my favorite tree is a beech, and reading the descriptions for all the woods, I find that one the most intriguing. Oh well! Mischievous dogwood it is!:D

Finally! I was waiting for someone to get dogwood...but with phoenix feather?

...that's like Seamus gone wild.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I got placed in Ravenclaw and my wand is made of rowan wood 10 3/4 in, unicorn core and surprisingly swishy. o_O Swishy...

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
o_O How so? Where is the info about the wands?
I thought it was unlocked when you get a wand...

http://www.pottermore.com/en/book1/chapter5/moment4/wand-woods

It is commonly stated that no Dark witch or wizard ever owned a rowan wand, and I cannot recall a single instance where one of my own rowan wands has gone on to do evil in the world. Rowan is most happily placed with the clear-headed and the pure-hearted, but this reputation for virtue ought not to fool anyone - these wands are the equal of any, often the better, and frequently out-perform others in duels.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Oh right, I just couldn't seem to find it... Yeah... @_@ *Headache*

Well from that, yes I suppose I'm goody but I wouldn't hesitate to attack to defend myself or the few people that I love.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
What's it like? Is it good?
Are you SpellSparks3376? I just got a friend request from someone in India and I thought it might be you. :)

Finally! I was waiting for someone to get dogwood...but with phoenix feather?

...that's like Seamus gone wild.
My wand does sound like it may be... difficult. :D Although, if you can get the fickle phoenix and the playful dogwood to like you, I have a feeling it would end up being a rather loyal wand.

I just got a boring (well, I guess not boring) vine wand, 13 3/4 inches, unicorn core...hard. XD

Hey, don't hurt your wand's feelings (that unicorn hair is sensitive :))! Sounds like it will be reliable, and the vine wood is unique.

Wand Woods said:
Vine wands are among the less common types, and I have been intrigued to notice that their owners are nearly always those witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary and who frequently astound those who think they know them best. Vine wands seem strongly attracted by personalities with hidden depths...

Oooh. Hidden depths. :cool: