• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible Stalker

cynic2005

I was a member of a student organization (I just resigned) and one of the officers asked me for my number just in case if she needed it (this was last week). So I gave it to her, as I we were working on a project together.

Well, I've been to most of the meetings for this organization, except for the most recent meeting which was yesterday. This girl called me yesterday four times, in one hour intervals while I was trying to study for an important exam. I hardly even know this person. After the third call, I called back and when my call was answered, all I could hear was something like deep breathing. There was no answer. Then she called for the fourth time and persistently asked me why I didn't show up to the meeting. I kept telling her that I had an exam, and she wouldn't except this answer or any of my other answers.

Is this a definitive sign that I have a stalker on my hands?

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Not yet I don't think. She just could have been drunk or something. Give it a few weeks.

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
Gather all possible evidence eg. do not erase records of calls/sms received on your cell phone.
record conversation if possible. All these will prove useful if the need ever arise to prove your case. (not that it will come to that, but no harm in being prepared)

cynic2005

She was definitely not drunk, as far as I can tell. Shes 17 years old... I'm almost ten years older than she is.

Maybe its extremely bad phone etiquette, along with general etiquette... But, I've never gotten a call like this before, except for when I was in the military and was actually late for something. But, in that case, I had an obligation to be somewhere. Here, I don't have an obligation.

Last edited:

cynic2005

Hmmm, that's interesting. Now she's trying to add me as her friend on Facebook. I never told her I was on Facebook, nor did she ask me in person about it.

She also called me again, which was unnecessary.

Do any of you think I may be over-reacting to this?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
She sounds like a weirdo to me - at the least very rude and inappropriate, and possibly one of those screwballs that gets sort of fixated on people (maybe not out of sexual attraction but out of a hunger for validation or friendship).

why_this_happen

tell somebody about whats happening otherwise if it all goes pear shaped you could be the one being accused, i have some experience of borderline personality disorder women and whilst i'm not saying she is one its better to be safe than sorry, they can turn vengeful if rejected