• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope John Paul II Dies at 84 [Breaking news]

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
John-Paul was a great Pope. My condolences to all Roman Catholics in RF.

Saw11_2000

John Paul II was a remarkable person. Single handedly bringing down communism, trying to mend Christians and other religions together, he was truely a global influence. He was a great man who fought for human rights no matter what religion you were. He will be missed.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I prayed a prayer of thanks for his life. I am sure this is one man who will be recieving a "Well done, good and faithful servant!" from Jesus in the next. Catholic or not, no one can deny he had both faith and good works, we should all strive for that.

I am sad not for him but for the world at his loss. I pray that the Catholic church carries on with a leader as devoted to God and other people, as morally upright, and as fearless as he.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
johnnys4life said:
I prayed a prayer of thanks for his life. I am sure this is one man who will be recieving a "Well done, good and faithful servant!" from Jesus in the next. Catholic or not, no one can deny he had both faith and good works, we should all strive for that.

I am sad not for him but for the world at his loss. I pray that the Catholic church carries on with a leader as devoted to God and other people, as morally upright, and as fearless as he.
Not only was he admirably moral and true to his faith, but he could be quite a commedian. His zest for life was incredible; when I heard the news break, I felt great sorrow, as most have said, but a feeling of a wonderful welcome for him, with much Joy.:eek:

Yerda

Veteran Member
I must admit I get quite annoyed when the press spends hours of time on one man's struggle, when genocide happening Africa gets hardly a batted eyelid.

But of-course it is not his fault he recieved so much attention, and to those who feel they relied upon his guidance I am sorry.

There will be a new pope who can hopefully show the way forward for the Roman Catholic community as I've heard this man did.

Master Vigil

I cannot express the effect his death has had on the spirit world. They don't call him the pope for nothing. :D I feel quite proud to have lived in the same world as that man. He was truly a great, great man.

SK2005

Saint in training
This is an amazing experience, and I feel the need to tell you. As some of you may know, I just got back from Southern Idaho from the Idaho Catholic Youth Convention. Saturday as we were meeting, the Bishop came up on stage and told us the news, it was about 10 minutes after he died. Of course we were all sad, but in this room of 500 Catholic High school students we felt so proud. Pope John Paul II loved the youth of the world, and last year, at ICYC we have a special blessing from the pope, and yesterday we loved to know that if he were there with us, he would be having fun with his future church. We continued through the day, having fun, but with him in mind. It was an amazing feeling. I felt unity, happiness, and the real meaning of catholic---------------universal.

almifkhar

its a shame how all the cool people die. i very much admired this man for how he stood his ground and how he was man enough to apologize for all the wrongs the church has practiced towards other peoples. it would have been nice if he was able to stay on the scene a little while longer. may god bless him

Alexander

While not a Catholic, I did have massive respect for this man. May he rest in peace with the God he served so ably.