• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podcast recommendation thread

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know I've stumbled upon a number of really good podcasts that other people might like; I'm sure other people here have, too. Here's a chance for you to give your suggestions.

I'll start. All of my recommendations are available through iTunes:

TEDTalks
TED | Talks | List

A collection of short lectures from the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference, featuring a wide variety of engaging and knowledgeable speakers, and for a lot cheaper than the many thousands of dollars you'd have to pay to attend the conference in person (i.e. free).

in a similar vein...

Big Ideas
BIGIDEAS Main Page

The audio version of a series that runs on public broadcaster TVOntario, these podcasts are typically longer and more in-depth than TED Talks. The series is comprised of lectures on a variety of subjects, mainly either university/college lectures or presentations given by experts in different fields. Especially interesting (at least for me) is that they feature a number of lectures from the Perimeter Institute... though don't worry: all of the Big Ideas lectures are selected with a general audience in mind.

and now for something completely different...

SModcast
SModcast

The weekly podcast from director Kevin Smith (director of what's becoming a sizable list of films, including Clerks, Mallrats and the just-released Cop Out) and his producer/friend Scott Mosier. This podcast is (to me, anyway), bust-a-gut funny. However, it leans to the rude side and probably not the sort of thing you'd want to play, say, on a long car trip with your mother (except for maybe episodes 101 and 102, where Kevin's own mother co-hosts).

All right - there's three from me. Now it's your turn!

Nigal

Formerly NoahideHiker
This American Life, The Adam Carola Podcast and The Moth Podcast are my favorites.