• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pleroma

vtunie

Would one not respond to it by direct experience, of love, wisdom, light, and a kind of indifference to power? I have had little gnosis, but I understand that is what is being described. Am I wrong?

biased

Would one not respond to it by direct experience, of love, wisdom, light, and a kind of indifference to power? I have had little gnosis, but I understand that is what is being described. Am I wrong?

So is it a certain thought pattern that comes? perhaps some sort of void that emenates/elicits a certain feeling? is this wisdom intellectual or emotional?

biased

Off the top of my head, warm light..

I know it's hard but can you elaborate. Mani, one of the gnostic sages, spoke very fondly of the Land of Light to which all souls who have been redeemed ultimately return to. His version of the Pleroma if you will.

I often assume the Pleroma in one of the forms of visualization at least that Mani spoke of in reference to this Land of Light directly from Matrix Revolution's Machine City

main-qimg-75bb6d290a5e92bfb5a628bd1616b410

vtunie

On certain days when I have slept well and woken up, and the air is clean and the time is too early for human babble to become visible, a sort of clarity of mind and reconciliation has filled me.

By clarity of mind I just mean to say that everything just seems to make sense. Not that I need to specify how or why.

By reconciliation I mean acceptance of others and a desire to do something to make them happy.

It would be a shame to lose that in death. Certainly pleroma must be something like that. I hope.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I pictured swirling white clouds radiating warmth and love against a field of deep blue.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
On certain days when I have slept well and woken up, and the air is clean and the time is too early for human babble to become visible, a sort of clarity of mind and reconciliation has filled me.

By clarity of mind I just mean to say that everything just seems to make sense. Not that I need to specify how or why.

By reconciliation I mean acceptance of others and a desire to do something to make them happy.

It would be a shame to lose that in death. Certainly pleroma must be something like that. I hope.

I love when I have days like that

ELoWolfe

Light. That is about the end of it. Maybe a little hazy/foggy effect.

Imagine when someone dies in a TV show (comedy), and they're on a set that is all white but everything is glossy and there is a fog machine. That.

Bunny

I have no idea. Every time I try to imagine it, my mind gets blown. :areyoucra

I think that whatever it is, it'll be awesome, though.

biased

I have no idea. Every time I try to imagine it, my mind gets blown. :areyoucra

I think that whatever it is, it'll be awesome, though.

So when you are reading say an account of the Fall of Sophia in the Pleroma and the word Pleroma appears. What happens in your head? What do you associate it with?

I'm partial to visual learning so I guess I presumed most people have some sort of visualizations. It seems a common enough technique in tantric buddhism to warrant the practice for a large amount of practitioners.

Bunny

So when you are reading say an account of the Fall of Sophia in the Pleroma and the word Pleroma appears. What happens in your head? What do you associate it with?

I'm partial to visual learning so I guess I presumed most people have some sort of visualizations. It seems a common enough technique in tantric buddhism to warrant the practice for a large amount of practitioners.

I just kinda...don't really.

I'm not that great at visualization and have zero spatial intelligence. I can't really wrap my brain around things like that. I think in words. :facepalm:

I have a kind of vague and hazy impression of a beam of light from a giant flashlight or something. Maybe. Ugh, I'm really bad at this. :sorry1: