• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Help If you know about runes...

Maille

My brother showed me this. A friend whos into black magic and is bascly a wicca wanted nothig to do with it. it scares me to death almost litteraly and I need info on it so i know what I'm talking about for when I'm able to talk to my brother. some one please help.
idk_by_suntrosa-d3eee8m.jpg

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
There's nothing to be scared of. A symbol is just cheap drawing until meaning is put to it. While I don't know what this one in particular means, a symbol can't hurt you.

Also, black magic =/= Wicca. I'll repeat, black magic does not equal Wicca. (click the links)

Maille

There's nothing to be scared of. A symbol is just cheap drawing until meaning is put to it. While I don't know what this one in particular means, a symbol can't hurt you.

Also, black magic =/= Wicca. I'll repeat, black magic does not equal Wicca. (click the links)

Thanks for your help. I did have confussions on the definitions of the words.

now for my brother, he told me he had talked to two demons. He is apart of a group that uses this symbol mainly to represent them. Later when i talked to an actual norse which, she could not tell me mush about it. But then I talked to a friend who is a wicca and has used black magic in times past (for more clarification of what I meant earlyer) and seems to have been into at least a little of what my brother is into. He seemed scared of it. I never thought I'd see him scared in my life. and this is what he had told me which then made me go to this site...
"It used to be a Norse symbol for life. Later it became a symbol for death. It started as a norse symbol, and when they converted to christianity, it became a "forbidden" symbol. Now, it's associated with C'Thun, an ancient "god" of legend, known to destroy peoples minds, and corrupt the innocent."
I hope this will help you and others to help me know more about this. I need to know more if i am to ever talk to him about it.
So far they have threatened my life a few times, and more recently threaned the family as a whole. So this knoledege is very important to me.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Ok, first off, that really just looks like a Pi symbol with an extra leg added to it like someone wanted to just make something up and try to pass it off as something meaningful.

I looked through a few runic alphabets, some arabic symbols, planetary/astrological symbols, spirit sigils, alchemist symbols and so on and I can honestly say I didn't find that symbol anywhere. I could have missed something I guess, but I really don't see that thing anywhere.

Didn't look at anything strictly Norse in origin. Perhaps it would be best to ask a follower of Asatru?

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Thanks for your help. I did have confussions on the definitions of the words.

now for my brother, he told me he had talked to two demons. He is apart of a group that uses this symbol mainly to represent them. Later when i talked to an actual norse which, she could not tell me mush about it. But then I talked to a friend who is a wicca and has used black magic in times past (for more clarification of what I meant earlyer) and seems to have been into at least a little of what my brother is into. He seemed scared of it. I never thought I'd see him scared in my life. and this is what he had told me which then made me go to this site...
"It used to be a Norse symbol for life. Later it became a symbol for death. It started as a norse symbol, and when they converted to christianity, it became a "forbidden" symbol. Now, it's associated with C'Thun, an ancient "god" of legend, known to destroy peoples minds, and corrupt the innocent."
I hope this will help you and others to help me know more about this. I need to know more if i am to ever talk to him about it.
So far they have threatened my life a few times, and more recently threaned the family as a whole. So this knoledege is very important to me.

That is not a rune related to the Futhark, or any other rune system I have studied. This symbol was most likely invented by someone for a specific purpose, but it isn't exactly a rune.

Maille

Thank you all so much. I'll do some reascreah on Asatru. And i know at frist i just ingorned it like whatever little borther cause it just remined me of math class. but then things have been going crazy in the family and so I am the only one who can do any resreach inside the family on it. :p thanks to all of you.

Maille

That is not a rune related to the Futhark, or any other rune system I have studied. This symbol was most likely invented by someone for a specific purpose, but it isn't exactly a rune.
could they have made it just to symbolize their group and this then make me seach about them the worng way so as to make me not find out about them? If so I can make a thread on what I know about them and then others tell me what they think they could be so that I can have a good guestamation of what I'll be talking to my brother about.

Last edited:

Jacksnyte

Reverend
could they have made it just to symbolize their group and this then make me seach about them the worng way so as to make me not find out about them? If so I can make a thread on what I know about them and then others tell me what they think they could be so that I can have a good guestamation of what I'll be talking to my brother about.
I would guess that this is more likely something called a sigil.

I think a thread on them might be interesting.