• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picture of an Ape

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
With all this talk of apes, I'm getting the distinct impression that many people think there is a specific species of animal called an Ape. If somebody could post a picture of this elusive species, I'd appreciate it.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
george-bush.jpg

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It can be a category, yet still treated as a species. As in the movie, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," when Ceasar learns how it easy it is to kill, simply by denying the other person "apeness" (with the implication that he's human).

Castaigne

The Inquisitor
With all this talk of apes, I'm getting the distinct impression that many people think there is a specific species of animal called an Ape. If somebody could post a picture of this elusive species, I'd appreciate it.

How about a definition instead? "Apes (Hominoidea) are a branch of Old World tailless anthropoid catarrhine primates native to Africa and Southeast Asia and distinguished by a wide degree of freedom at the shoulder joint indicating the influence of brachiation. There are two main branches: the gibbons, or lesser apes; and the hominids or great apes.

idav

Being
Premium Member

Don't be trying to call apes no filthy human. They can pounce on us you know. You ever try to arm wrestle a gorilla, gorillas would think what kind of puny ape is that mate.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

quagmire-albums-backgrounds-props-naykidape-picture5027-naykidape.png

There ya go. Now if we could only figure out what a real human being is supposed to look like.