• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pick an ugly girl to marry you! (Leah)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Oddly enough, this song is by Jimmy Soul, Jimmy is an alternative name for Jacob,
Jacob had a wife that he never loved, named Leah, her reputation is one of being unattractive , undesirable, her father was eager to get rid of her, and despite her being clearly the most important of his brides, the most favored by God, the most fertile by far. Also, out of the four women that the tribes of Israel descend from, descendants of Leah had the most important offices, priests, Kings, and Prophets descend from her.

Moses descends from Leah, Judah, the Levitical priesthood, Jesus, Mary, Peter , the Papacy, the Catholic Church, Saint Matthew whom I'm named after, “all the good sons came from Leah,” is actually a phrase I have read in Hebrew writings. ( Joseph, of course, being the exception.)

Rachel was not buried with Jacob. Leah was.

When Joseph had the dream of the Sun being Jacob, the Moon being Leah, the stars being their children, Rachel was dead, so I named the moon "Leah".

Leah lived a life of martyrdom. If you long for your husband to love you, and you are the most important wife, and with each child you give him, you think "now he will love me", which scripture says is the case, to see your husband loves someone else, doesn't appreciate you (when you are the most important bride), and then Rachel and Jacob bully her on top of it, that creates a life of martyrdom for Leah.

But it made her very beautiful in the eyes of God. Her beauty was hidden from everyone, her good deeds underappreciated, to be known to God alone! It was actually what made her the most favored, blessed, incredible matriarch of the entire Scriptures, who jumped through huge hoops , to even make the marriage possible!

Often, the ones we never notice. They are the most important, they are the Leahs, and no one but God sees that they are beautiful! :)