• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PHI, Fibonnici, and 1 1/3

farfignewton

the man!

farfignewton

the man!

To which? A fluke of nature, an act of God *pick one* or a natural pattern?

Good link, but it only talks about the myths behind it, not the facts. I just like how it repeats itself into so much. The fact that it apears so much has to be more than just a chance. So, is it a tool of Evolution, something nature found that works for most things, a pattern that god has used to reveal himself, or just people reading too much into things?

farfignewton

the man!
Honestly?
I do not know.

*takes off good little christian hat*

Since were being honest.... I dont know either. :D Thats why I started this thread. The numbers and theory, as well as how often the spirals are found in nature is fasinating. It could only be someone with way too much time on their hands that figured it out.

*puts christian hat back on*

Must be god. Has to be.

A

angellous_evangellous

Since were being honest.... I dont know either. :D Thats why I started this thread. The numbers and theory, as well as how often the spirals are found in nature is fasinating. It could only be someone with way too much time on their hands that figured it out.

Must be god. Has to be.

Interesting that you equate intellectual dishonesty with Christianity.

farfignewton

the man!
Interesting that you equate intellectual dishonesty with Christianity.

Yes, but not in the way that you think.

There are a lot of Christians around who think that science is the opposite of Christianity. That to question gods works is to question god. I know that I was given a mind for a reason, along with an ability to reason, adhere to sound logic, and to question what I know to be true, in an effort to make sure that I am following the truth. There are many out there, more than just Christians, who deem intellectual prowess to be less than a substantial trait. I have found that it is those who have intelligence who are the guiding force behind religion, and I believe that god doesn’t expect us to sit and wait for him, but to actively go out and find him. The "good little Christians" see god in everything, and believe that "god did it" is a good enough reason. I, however, do see god in everything, but try to figure out why. In all honesty, the Catholics are the reason for the common misconception as to the ignorance of Christians. To question your beliefs is heresy. To divulge into science is taboo. To try and reason out an answer is sinful. Do as your told, and give us your money.

I come from a different stock. I believe what I believe because I have proven it to myself. I have tested, tried, and had it work. I Know that every religion, every group of philosophical reasoning has its good points and its bad points. I view it as my goal to have as little hypocrisy as possible, part of the reason that I mock the predelectations of the standard Christian. :D

rojse

RF Addict
Here is another one:

The angle of the sun, viewed from the earth, is 0.5 degrees, and the angle of the moon, viewed from earth, is 0.5 degrees. Another way I have seen it phrased is that the sun is four hundred times larger than the moon, but the moon is four hundred times closer. Both mean the exact same thing.

This neat little fact, as well as the fact that they both are in the same plane in the sky, allows us to have total eclipses.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB

Must be god. Has to be.

Well both could be possible. If there is no God around to control this world, it is logical to say there is some pattern ruling to define things. Some think that pattern stops at some physics and others think that pattern is in everything mathimatically. In between you have the cause-effect and others. Wichever one, as long as there is a pattern, there could be patterns in nature enough.

Putting on your hat, feels warm and fuzzy btw, if I were God and created a world, I would put in lots of patterns. Is a lot easier programming..