• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pew poll shows most Americans don't want Obamacare.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

kal-el

5 Hour Energy enthusiast
The Republican Congress is spineless, as they are either unaware of the power they weild, or, and this is more likely, are too afraid to do anything that would seem like they are "racist" against the first gay President...err I meant "black."

On a personal note, I received a letter from my insurance company, which I had for 14 years, that they were canceling my coverage due to the so called, "better, more affordable options in the marketplace." obama shouldn't have put his grubby MIT's on healthcare, instead when he had a supermajority in Congress, then was the time for amnesty.

kal-el

5 Hour Energy enthusiast
Based upon what logic?

Or are you claiming that the right to appeal the death penalty is not a right?

Explain how forcing someone, at gunpoint if it came to it, to pay for someone else's healthcare is not infringing on their liberty and freedom?

And way to derail the thread. Now what's this death penalty thing you alluded to?

kal-el

5 Hour Energy enthusiast
It sure as hell is.

Those people are your brothers and sisters.

No, it sure as hell isn't. I don't care who they are, any wealth redistribution is flat-out wrong; robbing Peter to pay for Paul's healthcare is a morally deplete ideology.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Explain how forcing someone, at gunpoint if it came to it, to pay for someone else's healthcare is not infringing on their liberty and freedom?

And way to derail the thread. Now what's this death penalty thing you alluded to?
Ouch.
Nevermind.
i have not the time nor the patience to educate you enough to have a productive conversation with you on the subject.

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
It's good to see this. Republicans need to continue to toll the line and continue to endeavor get rid of this ill conceived law. Looks promising and hopefully a repeal will occur in due time. Hopefully sooner or later the light at the end of the tunnel will be reached now that the majority of Americans are finally waking up to the liberal lies they've been fed.

Pew Finds People Dislike Obamacare So Much, They Might Even Trust Republicans Now | National Review Online

I don't suppose it'd matter if I pointed out this is pretty much Romney's healthcare bill in its inception?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No, it sure as hell isn't. I don't care who they are, any wealth redistribution is flat-out wrong; robbing Peter to pay for Paul's healthcare is a morally deplete ideology.
I know you don't care - that is the greatest problem facing the USA, the almost unimaginable selfishness that denies the very fact that you are a member of a society.

You pay for schools, roads, hospitals and a vast military - why do you draw the line at basic healthcare?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

Whose talking about enforcing healthcare at gunpoint? Wow!

No, being obliged to care for others is what freedom and liberty depend upon.

kal-el

5 Hour Energy enthusiast
That's the mantra of the ultra left wing- that the right do not care. If liberals really cared about...anything, they'd use THEIR money for these purposes.

It's super easy to be compassionate when you are using other people's money to be that way.

kal-el

5 Hour Energy enthusiast
Whose talking about enforcing healthcare at gunpoint? Wow!

Am I wrong in saying it would eventually come to that?

No, being obliged to care for others is what freedom and liberty depend upon.

Nice slogan for a bumper sticker on a car at an obamacare rally. But in real life it'll go over like a lead balloon. Freedom is NOT being "obliged" to do anything. Everyone has free will, they are free to take care of others, but having the government force people to be compassionate, isn't very compassionate at all.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Am I wrong in saying it would eventually come to that?
Of course you are. Did they force you at gunpoint to pay for the police? The courts? The FBI?
Nice slogan for a bumper sticker on a car at an obamacare rally. But in real life it'll go over like a lead balloon. Freedom is NOT being "obliged" to do anything. Everyone has free will, they are free to take care of others, but having the government force people to be compassionate, isn't very compassionate at all.

If you need to be forced to be compassionate - that defines you as a sociopath.

Are you really mad enough to imagine that you are being robbed when you pay for the police, the courts and for the education system?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Kal-el

You poor thing, robbed at gunpoint by those evil communists forcing you to pay for schools, national parks, police, courts, roads - and now basic human rights.

Why not migrate to Antarctica?
Tissue?

Forced to be compassionate huh? Poor thing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't suppose it'd matter if I pointed out this is pretty much Romney's healthcare bill in its inception?
Wonder why the dems adopted it? Republicans didn't propose a national system so the blame falls squarely on the people who decided to enforce this unconstitutional monstrosity.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Let me stop you right there. A "right" is not something that other people must pay for.
No..... you cannot stop us anywhere..... :)
A 'Right' is a condition that everybody who is able to 'should pay for'. It's one of the features of a civilised country that supports HUMAN RIGHTS.

Some of you are are just so 'DARK AGES'. :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
..... at WHAT!!!?????
..... Have a look at countries which do have NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES, and see how amazing they are.

The reason that my wife is still alive is because our NHS leads the way, worldwide, on PhaeoChromoCytoma, and carries out all the lifesaving ops for FREE! In the US, more folks die from this condition, simply because they could never afford the op or the long term Critical Care Ward afterwards. You're in the dark-ages...... and your President is a shining example of brilliant World Class leadership. True. :)

Derail...? Did you think that this thread would be a cake-walk?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Freedom is NOT being "obliged" to do anything. .......

Wrong! You're thinking of anarchy, there.
That is such a mind-bogglingly crazy sentence!
If you want to live in a community then you need to support it .......... that means paying into it when you are able to.