• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter and Molly's Blogs

jonny

I don't know if you guys have seen these, but they are pretty funny. WARNING: Do not read if you can't laugh the Utah culture!!! You are likely to get offended, and I am not responsible for any offense taken. As Brigham Young said, "He who takes offense when none is intended is a fool. He who takes offense when it is intended is usually also a fool."

Pondering Peter - http://ponderingpeter.blogspot.com/
Molly Monson - http://cougarmolly.blogspot.com/

For those who aren't LDS, if you don't get any of the inside jokes you can ask. These are not real people. I repeat, these sites are jokes. It is humor. (I didn't want anyone to take these sites too seriously and think that we are crazier than we really are). ;)

Aqualung

Tasty
jonny said:
For those who aren't LDS, if you don't get any of the inside jokes you can ask.
I don't get the inside jokes . . . maybe it's just not funny.

By the way, what does an elder quorums pres do?

jonny

Aqualung said:
I don't get the inside jokes . . . maybe it's just not funny.

By the way, what does an elder quorums pres do?
Maybe you have to live in Provo to get the jokes...

The Elders Quorum President is the president for the Elders in each ward. He's kinda like the Relief Society President for the guys. He conducts meetings, makes callings, goes to meetings, arranges home teaching, etc. Every quorum (deacons, teachers, priests, elders, high priests, seventies, and apostles) has a president.

Just a little extra info (I know you're dying to know!). The bishop is the president of the priests quorum and the stake president (i believe) is the president of the high priests quorum. The president of the quorum of the 12 apostles would be President Monson, but since he is in the First Presidency, Elder Boyd K. Packer is the "acting president."

Aqualung

Tasty
jonny said:
Maybe you have to live in Provo to get the jokes...
Or maybe I get them but they're just not funny . . . :D

jonny said:
Just a little extra info (I know you're dying to know!). The bishop is the president of the priests quorum and the stake president (i believe) is the president of the high priests quorum. The president of the quorum of the 12 apostles would be President Monson, but since he is in the First Presidency, Elder Boyd K. Packer is the "acting president.
That makes no sense. I don't think I will ever be able to understand lds hierarchy.

Here, let's start a thread.

Aqualung

Tasty
do alot of the jokes base themselves in the fact that provo is one of the most conservatives cities in the country?

DeepShadow

White Crow
IMO the humor is dry, but hilarious. Like all the stuff Peter reads into his new calling ("The bishop didn't come out and day it, but I was smart enough to figure it out...." "It was hard to pay attention to all the stuff the bishop was saying, because of all the inspiration I was getting....") The part where he tells Molly that the bishop said they are supposed to get married is both funny and creepy at the same time, because I know how often that's actually happened.
Trust me, when someone walks up and says, "The Spirit just told me we're supposed to get married," run and don't look back.

Aqualung

Tasty
DeepShadow said:
IMO the humor is dry, but hilarious. Like all the stuff Peter reads into his new calling ("The bishop didn't come out and day it, but I was smart enough to figure it out...." "It was hard to pay attention to all the stuff the bishop was saying, because of all the inspiration I was getting....") The part where he tells Molly that the bishop said they are supposed to get married is both funny and creepy at the same time, because I know how often that's actually happened.
Trust me, when someone walks up and says, "The Spirit just told me we're supposed to get married," run and don't look back.
Oh. I guess I just don't think they're funny . . . :bounce

Aqualung

Tasty
jonny said:
Come on. You didn't find the letter to Gov. Huntsman funny at all!?!
Mybe just a little. Yeah... I guess it was kind of funny. I did laugh at that. I liked the pictre molly put up and then she appologized at how horrible it was. I don't remember who the picture was of, but it was a crude alert thingy...

jonny

Aqualung said:
Mybe just a little. Yeah... I guess it was kind of funny. I did laugh at that. I liked the pictre molly put up and then she appologized at how horrible it was. I don't remember who the picture was of, but it was a crude alert thingy...
It was of Jessica Simpson. :)

jonny

This was funny too - throwing away her brother Stephen's CD..

I also didn't appreciate most of the other songs from "Tommy" which appear to be about a messiah figure. Several of the other songs were a little creepy and didn't sit well with me, so overall I think the who are a mixed bag and not something I'm going to listen to anymore. I threw Stephen's CD into the trash and Stephen, I left you the money in the top drawer of your desk. Please be more careful about what you bring into our home.

DeepShadow

White Crow
Yeesh! Yeah, that's funny, although I must admit it would be funnier if it were not so close to home. As a missionary I was given a special assignment to build up fellowship with other churches, and in the interest of doing that I brought home some literature borrowed from a member of another religion (Eckankar, to be specific). In what I considered monumental hypocrisy, a visiting member threw the stuff in the trash when I was out, saying it was "crap." Fortunately I was able to fish it out before someone dumped their dinner scrapings on it, but what kind of message does that send to people in other religions?