• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal beliefs are wrong and dangerous.

Somkid

That's what YOU want to believe. :yes:

No, its not honestly I don't want to know the truth but it is too late. Ever since I have been a victim of truth and understanding I wait for my death impatiently because the truth is not pleasant. I take no pleasure in most things and I am saddened by the ignorants in the world and the superstition, you can not imagine how lonely it can be.
My idea is if everyone accepted the truth we could strive toward a new era and accomplish great deeds however we only manage to develop better ways to kill each other and protest stem cell research because we see killing a single cell as murder but not killing another human being. That's the beginning of truth, think about it and see how you feel in the morning.

Mr. Peanut

And once again you cite no support at all, just allege that you are well-studied. Let's pick a random apostle and look at the historical documents. How about Bartholomew?
The fact that you, a stranger, believe something, is not helpful to us. What would be helpful would be to know on what basis you believe it. What historical documents or accounts of same have caused you to believe that St. Bartholomew was martyred? Or do you just accept that because you read it in some apologetics somewhere? I think you'll find that the historical support for this assertion is weak or non-existent. Or would you prefer Matthew? Or Thomas? Or Simon? You pick. Myth and tradition are not history.

What we are here for is to have conversations about various topics, not just your particular brand of Christianity. If you have nothing to contribute to the subject of the OP, then it is better not to post. Preaching is not conversing.
What I believe is that one should not just believe something because they want to, but should study and try to find the truth. It would take days and pages to present all the scholarship and quotes of the early church fathers and etc. to even begin to "prove" these things, especially to a skeptic. I am only able to offer what I have found to be credible and true through my own findings. It is up to each individual to study and read for themselves, if they really are in search of truth. I do know that the Bible says that Jesus said that we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free, and he that the Son sets free is free indeed. That Jesus said that he is the truth. He told the religious leaders of the day that they search the scriptures, that's Old Testament, in vain because the scriptures speak of him, but that they won't come to him whom the very scriptures speak of. I believe Jesus is the way. If someone examines the evidence and believes otherwise, that is okay by me.

Francine

Depends what you believe doesent it? Depends on what you believeto be the truth. We cannot know what is the truth beacause there are so many truths.

I think people probably get the idea of multiple truths from the bible, which tells us first that, "Whosoever shall say Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire.” (Matt. 5:22) but then quotes Jesus as saying, "Ye fools are blind." (Matt. 23:17). Then Solomon says, "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him" (Proverbs 26:4) and in the same breath says the exact opposite, "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit" (Proverbs 26:5).