• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Persian prince

Marco19

Researcher
Hello, and hope somebody from JW members have time and explain to me, according to there interpretation, how they understand Daniel 10:13

13But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Who is this prince? why from Persia? which time has been occured? and what period is the "one and twenty days"?

Thank You in Advance :)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hello, and hope somebody from JW members have time and explain to me, according to there interpretation, how they understand Daniel 10:13

Who is this prince? why from Persia? which time has been occured? and what period is the "one and twenty days"?

Thank You in Advance :)

Micheal, the prince spoken of here is an angel of Jehovah who stands in behalf of Gods people. The passage shows that he comes to the aid of a fellow angel to assist him in fighting an opposing 'prince' of Persia.

Its important to understand that the word 'prince' is from the Hebrew word Sar, and is from a verb meaning “exercise dominion.” it can also be rendered as 'chief'. So this 'prince/chief' was one exercising dominion over the nation of Persia and in this case it is speaking of an opposing spirit creature who was fighting with one of the Angels of God.

We know that the heavens house myriads of angels... Micheal and Gabriel are the only two named, but as you can see from Daniel 10:13 there are obviously many more and they are not all friendly...some of them are the angels who joined satan in his rebellion and about them Jude 6 says that they were "the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place"

These fallen angels continue to fight against Gods faithful angels in cosmic battles that we cannot see but that affect what happens down here on earth. The NT writers explained that the world governments come under the dominion of these fallen angels. Ephesians 6:12 tells us: "because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places."

In Daniel, it was one of these spirits who stood as the 'prince (chief) of Persia' and he was fighting the angel who stood for Daniels people the jews. When these spirit creatures (fallen angels) cause trouble, the nations whom they stand for also have trouble...so while we cannot see them fighting in the spirit realm, we are all affected one way or another on earth.

I hope i've made this clear, if not please feel free to ask any questions.