• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perhaps there is but one soul ...

Perhaps there is but one soul in the universe, and each person is but a facet of that soul. Perhaps there will come a time when every good facet will be remembered and every evil facet will be forgotten, and the soul will be remade, embodied anew. Perhaps you are me, and I am you, and God is verily that soul.

“While Jesus was speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers stood outside trying to speak with him. Someone said to him, ‘Look, your mother and brothers are outside wanting to speak with you.’ Jesus replied, ‘Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?’ He stretched out his hand toward his disciples and said, ‘Look, here are my mother and my brothers. Whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven is my brother, sister, and mother.’ (Matthew 12:46-50)

“I pray they will be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. I pray that they also will be in us, so that the world will believe that you sent me.” (John 17:21)

Phantasman

Perhaps there is but one soul in the universe, and each person is but a facet of that soul. Perhaps there will come a time when every good facet will be remembered and every evil facet will be forgotten, and the soul will be remade, embodied anew. Perhaps you are me, and I am you, and God is verily that soul.

“While Jesus was speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers stood outside trying to speak with him. Someone said to him, ‘Look, your mother and brothers are outside wanting to speak with you.’ Jesus replied, ‘Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?’ He stretched out his hand toward his disciples and said, ‘Look, here are my mother and my brothers. Whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven is my brother, sister, and mother.’ (Matthew 12:46-50)

“I pray they will be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. I pray that they also will be in us, so that the world will believe that you sent me.” (John 17:21)
I see Jesus speaking of the mother (Holy Spirit) that was within him and that his brethren accepted. Though they never received it till Jesus was glorified.

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)- John 7

Many souls. One Spirit (capital S).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

That is a beautiful sentiment

I believe the Hour of God when the world is turned rightside up is now just barely started - in the first fraction of a second of the first minute.

I see Jesus speaking of the mother (Holy Spirit) that was within him and that his brethren accepted. Though they never received it till Jesus was glorified.

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)- John 7

Many souls. One Spirit (capital S).
That makes total sense. And I like that particular notion, the Holy Spirit as a mother. Never thought of it that way before.

But it might be that we are indeed one soul, and it is merely that some facets of the soul are spirited, and others are not. Like, some ground is wet, and some ground is dry; but it is all, simply, ground. I wish I was better informed, that I could say for certain.

That is a beautiful sentiment

I believe the Hour of God when the world is turned rightside up is now just barely started - in the first fraction of a second of the first minute.
I think that I know what you mean: Like, it is the beginning of the end. Or, it is the start of a new beginning.

I agree.

It seems the scriptures are being fulfilled before our very eyes, becoming very apparent in the span of a few generations. I do not think our modern societies could have progressed to the point where it is at if there had not been the Christ.

It is interesting that our societies are forgetting what it was really like, long ago. Isaiah comes to mind, here.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Your first paragraph is consistent with Vedantic understanding of Brahman.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I don't think that we are literally one soul but Baha'u'llah said this:

He Who is your Lord, the All-Merciful, cherisheth in His heart the desire of beholding the entire human race as one soul and one body. Haste ye to win your share of God's good grace and mercy in this Day that eclipseth all other created Days. How great the felicity that awaiteth the man that forsaketh all he hath in a desire to obtain the things of God! Such a man, We testify, is among God's blessed ones.
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 213)

syo

this is exactly what christian orthodox believe. the one soul is the Holy Spirit. when we are born the Holy Spirit blesses us with life, and we have our own soul from the Holy Spirit. our soul then is part of God. because the Holy Spirit is part of God. on the second coming of christ all the good souls will unite with god sparkling anew.