1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who Saved Jews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huajiro, Feb 4, 2005.

1. huajiro

huajiro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115
  2. t3gah

t3gah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Is there a list on wikipedia that shows who saved the rest that were incarerated in the death camps?

Thanks for the link. The info most likely will be as complete as the JW stuff that Rex posted.

Shouldn't this thread be under Judaism ?

3. michel

michel Administrator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,656
    What really upset me was when a rumour was going around (Some two or three years ago) saying that the death camps were fictional, just propaganda by the brits and the Americans.
    Strangely enough, that reminds me of the day last week during the memorial for the Jews, that something like 35% of under 30's in the UK didnt even know what the holocaust was.:confused:

4. kiwimac

kiwimac Brother Napalm of God's Love

Ratings:
    +220
    Religion:
    We'll see
    I always find it interesting that the Rom do not produce such lists. My antecedents were Rom (in part), I am always angered when folk view the Shoah as solely about the Jews. Many of Europe's Gypsies disappeared in the Devouring.

Kiwimac

5. Lintu

Lintu Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Yes, you're right. A lot of other groups of "anti-socials" were killed as well. =(

6. Jaymes

Jaymes The cake is a lie

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Strangely enough, two sisters from Puerto Rico (crap, I think it was from there... now I'm not so sure.) that moved into my area had no idea what the Holocaust was. They said that they weren't taught about it, though they knew who 'Adolfo Hilter' was. Our Spanish teacher, who grew up in Puerto Rico (Maybe? The same place the sisters moved from, either way), said she hadn't been taught about it, either.

7. anders

anders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +167
    Two Swedes on that list. Not bad for a country of then some 6 million. It is an unususually ugly irony in that Count Bernadotte was murded by a Zionist...
    In debates in Sweden, it is frequently mentioned that Roma and homosexuals also were primary targets.

8. jewscout

jewscout Religious Zionist

Ratings:
    +922
    kudos for the info huajiro...:jiggy:

9. Scuba Pete

Scuba Pete Le plongeur avec attitude...

Ratings:
    +3,192
    Religion:
    Christian Taoist
    Yeah, thanks!