• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who cite biblical verses in debates aren't original

ElationAviation

Open-Minded
It's frustrating how some people involved in religious debates always fill their rebuttals with biblical verses that no one can understand. What happened to being original and developing your own logical thought process to defend your beliefs?

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
Well if they are essentially copy pasting biblical arguments from other sources, tyen I suppose I can agree. But if they are just referencing the bible and using the ideas in it to support their arguments, then what is unoriginal? The thing I hate is when people seem to be able to only point to biblical verses, without being able to really argue about the ideas at hand.

Rationality

The Grand King of Nothing
It's frustrating how some people involved in religious debates always fill their rebuttals with biblical verses that no one can understand. What happened to being original and developing your own logical thought process to defend your beliefs?

that had more truth in it than it should have.:clap:yes:

justbehappy

I understand why they do it, but what's strange is when they do it in response to people that arn't Christian. To us, it proves nothing really