• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul was a good person unlike what Muslims accuse him of.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

This is a for a discussion between Shia Twelvers (if any left or care to come?).

Abu Hurraira narrated so many hadiths in praise of Ahlulbayt (a) and succession, yet, we hear Shiites character attack him per their scholars, while there isn't really evidence in from Imams (a) condemning him. I even found hadiths praising him from Imam Mohamad Al-Baqir (a). God knows best who this person is. At the end, whether a liar or not, we should not accuse him without knowing.

That said, I don't know if Paul similarly was a good person or not.

That said, my view on succession to Jesus (a), is the one who held the position of his light and the holy spirit after him, was Elijah (a) till Mohammad (s) but he was hidden like Imam Mahdi (a) is today hidden.

However, outward succession in political, social, and even to a degree religious leadership (this should be limited in reliance), was given to Simon (a) by God and Jesus (a) same way four Safirs of Imam Mahdi (a) were picked, but these people are not anointed kings of God nor leaders exalted and chosen by him. They are normal people to take the task of leadership in a limited capacity and guide believers in the affairs that face them.

Simon (a) can make a mistake in teachings though and should be corrected by other disciples or other people, if he does.

Jesus (a) doesn't do a mistake in guiding humans though and his words are all guidance and insights.

That said, Paul came a bit after all this. But the accusations from Muslims is that he taught trinity and twisted Christianity.

I find this an unjust accusation with no basis. What he really emphasized was on TAWASUL through Jesus (a), and interpreted a lot of Gospels and Tanakh and argued to his best ability. Somethings he got right, somethings wrong, but did he deviate from the religion and teach something other then Islam like many Muslims claim?

I don't believe so. I will be providing evidence against these so called accusations, much like understanding Gospels through Shiite hadiths lense: Gospels and Shiite hadiths match up. | Religious Forums

Actually read that thread, and I will be even arguing that Paul was teaching Welayah of Jesus (a) and relying on his light and position as intermediate and means to God (waseela) and explained things mostly properly.

These days people being blind to all the Gospels, accuse Paul, of speaking lies and fabricating trinity, when this has no proof.

I don't believe Paul words are part of Gospel, but they are like a Shiite scholar's explanation of Islam. Some is right, some wrong, but he was not a deviant and liar like so many Muslims claim.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Paul talked a lot about the sword of God in the soul believers must hold or sword of the spirit and related this to connecting to Jesus (a) and he being the sword of God as well and that we have to seek Jesus (a) intermediate position.

This is so important, and we see similarly Imam Ali (a) taught Du'a Ehtijab and talked about the sword of God. But we see this go to new heights and explanation and elaboration by Du'a Sabasab from Imam Mahdi (a), which is a prayer against dark magic and is testified to work.

To understand what Paul was mostly trying to teach, we have to understand, Ghayba and Imam Mahdi (A) position "light behind the clouds", and how Jesus (a) Gospels emphasized on this, but that the holy spirit (whoever it is at this time) should be sought.

This was the real trinity, Jesus (a) words and Gospels, holy spirit (After him) Elijah (a) and the connecting to God through the sword.

As Elijah (a) was not in public, it was about recognizing what the holy spirit is in guiding humans. He does this by emphasizing Jesus (a) and what he was in that term, but that it's hiddenly implied, someone occupies the holy spirit position. We will see why so overt is very smart and calculative.

This while we as Shiites because Imam Mahdi (a) is the Twelve and last and the await one for victory, it's easier for us to emphasize on him.

But as Jesus (a) was the last Prophet in public, and Elijah (a) was the holy spirit, Paul had to be very wise and calculative in explaining how to get guided in all this with Jesus (A) being gone, Elijah (A) hidden and so this is why it's important to understand all this.

We will look at Du'a Sabasab for example, and then we will see how the words of Paul in his limited capacity, was trying to show how to hold on to God in period between Mohammad (s) and Jesus (a) through God's sword on earth and the holy spirit. He also commented on Tannakh to compliment any truth in Gospels in this regard.

So trinity had nothing to equating with God originally, and we will see this in details.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I should continue this thread and start quoting what Paul has said.