• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Robertson

Saw11_2000

What are your opinions of him.

Let me just post a few outrageous things he has done and said.

Forgeting the 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' Commandment he called for the assassination of Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez (August 22, 2005).

He threatens women who have abortions.

Since religion is not profitable enough, he actually sells 'Pat's Age-Defying Antioxidants' and 'Pat Robertson's Age-Defying Shake'

He agreed with Jerry Falwell, that the ALCU and Americans allowing abortions contributed to God's wrath in destroying the World Trade Center.
He allegedly ran a hoax called 'Operation Blessing,' where he asked his followers to donate money to help starving children (1994).

He said: 'The great builders of our nation almost to a man have been Christians (New York Magazine August 18, 1986).'

He said: 'Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians (1993).'

He said feminism is anti family and encourages witchcraft, killing of their children and lesbianism (1992).

Is it just me or is it time that he is tied down and given some medication?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
While I think he's stark raving mad, I believe he's one of the necessary evils of free speech. You've gotta have the nutjobs along with everyone else.

Crystal Red

Episkopos Crystal Red
Saw11_2000 said:
Is it just me or is it time that he is tied down and given some medication?
I have never heard of this guy before, but after that post, & in particular the comment about feminism encouraging witchcraft, killing of children & lesbianism, I completely agree with you.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Pat Robertson is my hero because he makes more money than I do, and this is America where "he who makes the most money" is automatically worthy of the greatest respect and deference. Like many people, I used to think he was a nut case, but after finding out how much money he makes, I have been forced to reconsider my position, and I now recognize him for the great moral leader that he is.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
For laughs, perhaps? Sometimes I force myself to watch it when I need a reason to bash my head against the wall.

Ardent Listener

He apologized for advocating murder. Good for him. I wonder if he is considering that might be wrong about some other issues too?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I wouldn't hold my breath on it... though it is a nice thought. It'd be nice for the LGBT community to get an apology from Falwell, too... ah, if only.

Ardent Listener

Jensa said:
I wouldn't hold my breath on it... though it is a nice thought. It'd be nice for the LGBT community to get an apology from Falwell, too... ah, if only.
Now that he knows his "word of knowledge machine" is broken, perhaps he will.:rolleyes: