• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pastoral Care

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm doing something new. I'm a writer and somewhat of an artist by passion but not by trade (I keep saying Ima put a book together with my poetry or write a novel... said that for 30 years). I taught ESL until I had to finish school. I found a home church and never before had a home church (still finding out more about it since I'm quite new). People are sooooo home warming.

Long story short, our Reverend is giving me and another congregant a ride out of state to a pastoral training workshop. It's a three hour workshop that teaches about how to work with patients and be a Friend. A lot of the church members who have ill family members have member visits.

Another description of care, which I will find in more detail, is visiting hospitals. I think a lot of it is pastor oriented; but, I'm sure I can use some sort of creativity of mind to help out. Maybe, since I have a lot of time on my hands, help children (looonng time from now).

I've been through a lot of medical ordeals myself. I kept saying I want to help people with seizures and share my testimony. While my idea was to public speak, I never really thought of any other way to give care and wellbeing to others. I hear about it a lot and charity organizations and such.

-

Wow. Had to break that up above. Anyway, next week I will see how it goes. In August, when school starts, I may be teaching youth. I don't know yet. It highly depends on how much care we do in a months time.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys informed. We may have dinner meetups soon so I can get to know people when I can't go to church some sundays because of work. But, yeah, I was talking to my friend about spiritual growth. We were swapping our stories of growth and all.

We are blessed.

Ellen Brown

I'm doing something new. I'm a writer and somewhat of an artist by passion but not by trade (I keep saying Ima put a book together with my poetry or write a novel... said that for 30 years). I taught ESL until I had to finish school. I found a home church and never before had a home church (still finding out more about it since I'm quite new). People are sooooo home warming.

Long story short, our Reverend is giving me and another congregant a ride out of state to a pastoral training workshop. It's a three hour workshop that teaches about how to work with patients and be a Friend. A lot of the church members who have ill family members have member visits.

Another description of care, which I will find in more detail, is visiting hospitals. I think a lot of it is pastor oriented; but, I'm sure I can use some sort of creativity of mind to help out. Maybe, since I have a lot of time on my hands, help children (looonng time from now).

I've been through a lot of medical ordeals myself. I kept saying I want to help people with seizures and share my testimony. While my idea was to public speak, I never really thought of any other way to give care and wellbeing to others. I hear about it a lot and charity organizations and such.

-

Wow. Had to break that up above. Anyway, next week I will see how it goes. In August, when school starts, I may be teaching youth. I don't know yet. It highly depends on how much care we do in a months time.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys informed. We may have dinner meetups soon so I can get to know people when I can't go to church some sundays because of work. But, yeah, I was talking to my friend about spiritual growth. We were swapping our stories of growth and all.

We are blessed.
Have a good time.