• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pandora alternative

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
...it's turned into more commercials than music, seeking an alternative.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Last.fm
You will NEVER use Pandora again. It has music that isn't as commercialized, has any genre and artist I've ever looked up (including video games), has a lot of people's old stuff (Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids), has a lot of bands that are signed to small labels, it's search is a lot "smarter" than Pandora, and I've been introduced to several bands I really like on it.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Well, tried last.fm

made an account, got the app, tried to play music....

only to get a link to an announcement a year ago that they no longer stream music.

kinda pointless, eh?

guess i'll try spotify next.

Izdaari

Emergent Anglo-Catholic
I'm also not happy with Pandora. It picks artists that IMO aren't at all similar to the artist I give it as an example, and the very limited skips don't allow me to go around that. I uninstalled it and have no interest in ever using it again. I haven't tried Spotify, but I just read the wiki on it, and it sounds like a good alternative. I'll give it a try.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, tried last.fm

made an account, got the app, tried to play music....

only to get a link to an announcement a year ago that they no longer stream music.

kinda pointless, eh?

guess i'll try spotify next.
You sure you was on the right spot? I'm streaming music from it right now.
last.fm is the URL.

Typist

I thought Pandora was ok, but like Spotify better, so we switched.

In both cases, the monthly fee to get rid of ads is tiny (compared to what we used to spend on CDs) so those still listening to ads have only themselves to blame.

Marisa

I've long had a subscription to Sirius. I've traded in 3 cars now with no idea ever how good the car's radio reception was, just confirmation that the speakers work. LOL I think you can purchase just an internet streaming subscription, but don't quote me.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
You sure you was on the right spot? I'm streaming music from it right now.
last.fm is the URL.

On your phone?

Ya, I could get music in the PC browser, that is it ran you-tubes of the songs (with a commercial first always it seemed)

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I thought Pandora was ok, but like Spotify better, so we switched.

In both cases, the monthly fee to get rid of ads is tiny (compared to what we used to spend on CDs) so those still listening to ads have only themselves to blame.

I don't consider $10 a month tiny, but I guess it depends on one's music budget. I'm putting two kids thru college and trying to buy a farm, so I shop at the dollar store for my needs where I can. I'm not cheap, I have different priorities.

I don't mind commercials, if reasonable. But 30-50% Commercials is not.