• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pancytopenia and cellulitis

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Oh joy, I had the flu, then cellulitis, then a mild case of the flu (in spite of a flu shot) and now apparently cellulitis. Is one thing causing the other? It's a mystery to me but I'll be at the doc's office in an hour and we'll see

A set of blood tests came back with a bunch of values a bit low. I diagnosed myself with pancytopenia. We'll see what the doctor says.

Pancytopenia is a condition that occurs when a person has low counts for all three types of blood cells: red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.

An internet search on pancytopenia comes up with many causes from infection to cancer to taking certain drugs.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Best of luck.

I have just returned from the doctors, the last 2 mornings i have been nausious and light headed, i am told i passed out in the bathroom but only recall being picked up off the floor. Within an hour or so it passed.

Doctor tells me i have hypotension because i am hypoglycemic.

I eat sensibly, exercise regularly, take vitamin supplements why am i hypoglycemic? Because i had a gallbladder operation 4 months ago.

Go figure

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh joy, I had the flu, then cellulitis, then a mild case of the flu (in spite of a flu shot) and now apparently cellulitis. Is one thing causing the other? It's a mystery to me but I'll be at the doc's office in an hour and we'll see

A set of blood tests came back with a bunch of values a bit low. I diagnosed myself with pancytopenia. We'll see what the doctor says.

Pancytopenia is a condition that occurs when a person has low counts for all three types of blood cells: red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.

An internet search on pancytopenia comes up with many causes from infection to cancer to taking certain drugs.
Cellulitis? Where? From a wound, a circulation problem, or are you thinking it's from the leucopenia?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't know where it came from (again) but it started in my toes so maybe a small opening in a toe. I don't have pancytopenia - the latest blood tests were better.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Best of luck.

I have just returned from the doctors, the last 2 mornings i have been nausious and light headed, i am told i passed out in the bathroom but only recall being picked up off the floor. Within an hour or so it passed.

Doctor tells me i have hypotension because i am hypoglycemic.

I eat sensibly, exercise regularly, take vitamin supplements why am i hypoglycemic? Because i had a gallbladder operation 4 months ago.

Go figure
My mom had her gallbladder out years ago and she's hypoglycemic. She typically carries around a small snack or bottle of soda just so she has something if her blood sugar starts to get low.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My mom had her gallbladder out years ago and she's hypoglycemic. She typically carries around a small snack or bottle of soda just so she has something if her blood sugar starts to get low.

I have been advised hard honey sweets (hard candy). Or failing that, any hard sweet. Or soda which i dont drink.

I must admit, as a fairly quick and easy remedy they seem to work very well.