• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinian Muslims convert to Judaism (video)

Monotheist 101

By following hadith you are often going against Quran.
Very true

Most of Tasha'hud places blessings on Muhammad and Ibrahhim. Placing blessings on a dead man is shirk because a prophet or rasul is just a man.

IMO couldnt be more wrong of your understanding of shirk..
'
How is praying "for" a dead one to go to heaven..not praying "to" him considered taking partners with Allah?

Although your observations may apply to some sects of the muslims..who place more importance in what happend to humanbeings and their quarrels, they say "Ya Ali Maddad" (O Ali help me) instead of placing their faith completely in Allah..that to me is shirk..If they were simply to pray for Ali, Muhammad, and the house of Ibrahim(anyone whoever was a true monotheist including the generations passed who were ordinary folk and not prophet or saints)..how is that the same as taking them to be my God?

The Problem doesnt lie with the concept of Shirk..it lies with your perception or understanding of it...

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
IMO couldnt be more wrong of your understanding of shirk..
'
How is praying "for" a dead one to go to heaven..not praying "to" him considered taking partners with Allah?

Although your observations may apply to some sects of the muslims..who place more importance in what happend to humanbeings and their quarrels, they say "Ya Ali Maddad" (O Ali help me) instead of placing their faith completely in Allah..that to me is shirk..If they were simply to pray for Ali, Muhammad, and the house of Ibrahim(anyone whoever was a true monotheist including the generations passed who were ordinary folk and not prophet or saints)..how is that the same as taking them to be my God?

The Problem doesnt lie with the concept of Shirk..it lies with your perception or understanding of it...

According to the Quran intercession is shirk so I view that using another person to intercede or come between god and the worshiper is shirk. God is god and worship is for god alone. I am thankful to god for many people, not just profits, gurus and saints but scientists, heroes and people who are important to me. But I do not let their names corrupt my prayers or worship. I am thankful for Muhammad and I truly am but he is not to be worshiped or used as an intercessor.
Shi'ites are more open about it then Sunnis but regardless they are both in the same position. I shall not place blessings on a dead man whether he be a prophet or not. This is not Catholicism and a prophet is a messenger/rasul of god and nothing more. He is not a heavenly figure to be worshiped. Veneration of Muhammad to be anything else more but a man is disrespectful towards him and the messages he was inspired to spread.
I would never ruin Muhammad's good name by making him a man of deification.

Monotheist 101

According to the Quran intercession is shirk so I view that using another person to intercede or come between god and the worshiper is shirk. God is god and worship is for god alone. I am thankful to god for many people, not just profits, gurus and saints but scientists, heroes and people who are important to me. But I do not let their names corrupt my prayers or worship. I am thankful for Muhammad and I truly am but he is not to be worshiped or used as an intercessor.
Shi'ites are more open about it then Sunnis but regardless they are both in the same position. I shall not place blessings on a dead man whether he be a prophet or not. This is not Catholicism and a prophet is a messenger/rasul of god and nothing more. He is not a heavenly figure to be worshiped. Veneration of Muhammad to be anything else more but a man is disrespectful towards him and the messages he was inspired to spread.
I would never ruin Muhammad's good name by making him a man of deification.

You are confusing praying for someone..with praying to someone..I am a true monotheist in every sense of the word, intercession does not add up in my view..intercession would be shirk...but praying for someone isnt intercession...

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You are confusing praying for someone..with praying to someone..I am a true monotheist in every sense of the word, intercession does not add up in my view..intercession would be shirk...but praying for someone isnt intercession...

But praying for a dead person? You are essentially praying to a dead person if anything. Are you in doubt about Muhammad's prophet-hood that you must place blessings upon a man already blessed to enter Jannah?
You can pray for a person as I have done similar but to a dead person? This sounds like Catholic saints being venerated in hopes of receiving guidance.

Monotheist 101

But praying for a dead person? You are essentially praying to a dead person if anything. Are you in doubt about Muhammad's prophet-hood that you must place blessings upon a man already blessed to enter Jannah?
You can pray for a person as I have done similar but to a dead person? This sounds like Catholic saints being venerated in hopes of receiving guidance.

That is how we show our love...never would I be stupid enough to think let alone ask Muhammad for anything...It is a way of sharing the love..for Everyone who is a follower of Abraham..we pray for the guidance of the ones who are alive..including the Jews and the Christians and anyone who opens up their Heart to Allah..we pray for the forgiveness of all the followers of Abraham and the followers of Muhammad,and give peace and blessing to all the true Prophets of God..the ones we know of(Muhammad Jesus Moses and 20 odd others mentioned in the Quran) and the ones we dont know of..(Maybe Buddha, Maybe Krishna, who knows only God possesses Full knowledge of everything) and anyone who was or is a righteous believer( and no I dont label only Muslims as this..only Allah knows the hearts condition and the context of a persons life) how is that intercession or shirk...it would have been if I would have asked a dead Sufi/Imam/Muhammad/Jesus/My dead Grandma for help or ask them to pray for me...

How can you not wrap your head around that..? Oh well
I tried

Peace and God Bless

P.S Alot of Muslims misunderstand this concept and choose to openly ask for dead peoples help..they believe it will bring them close to God..that God will listen to the dead saints prayer more than ours( same as the catholic priest who takes confessions and prays to God on others behalf, that is intercession in its purest form. confessing sins to Humans, rather than God) I believe I have a direct connection..I dont need anyone to talk to My God for Me...Dead or Alive... They have built mausoleums in which they dont chant the name of God, but are intoxicated by Humans and chant their names...
Maybe you will find insight or my understanding on the subject in the following article.
http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/godman.htm

[SIZE=+1][Kahf 18:21] And this is how We made them known for people to know that the promise of Allah is true and that there is no doubt concerning the Last Day; when the people began disputing among themselves regarding them, they said, "Construct a building over their cave"; their Lord well knows them; those who dominated in this matter said, "We promise we will build a mosque over them."[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

I shall not place blessings on a dead man whether he be a prophet or not.

There is no compulsion for you to do so...It is not mentioned in the Quran..but the Quran does mention the righteous of the world and the prophets and places blessings on them..does it not?

I would say do what makes "your" faith stronger in God...Im not quite sure what a Dharmic Deist is..but if you place your faith in a true creator the one and only..and refuse to take anyones advice..I think that makes your Eman(faith) stronger than most mainstream muslims..who put faith in sheikhs and traditions.( It is only logical that traditions change over time..but the ultimate truth..the one that has not and will not change..that God is One..will remain the truth.) I think people should stop taking advice and refer to the Quran, it makes sense to everyone on a certain level..scholar or not..and the most repeated statement is..God has no partners, God is one..I think anyone who reads it scholar or kid..will understand the importance place behind this, it is repeated after every few verses at the most..so stop taking advice from anything other than the Quran what "you" understand is what you will be judged for..I will only place my trust in Allah..doing more than that may not seem wrong to some, but is risky business IMO

:)

Last edited:

F0uad

My question is why is it you hold hadiths to the standard of revelation. That is something I find quite bizzarre.
When you perform salah do you recite Tashahhud? Did you know you commit shirk when you do so as you are using Muhammad to intercede on your prayers which deifies him.
What is this for nonsense? Since when do Sunnis consider the Hadith as the same level as the Quran? This is just a lie and i hope you correct yourself.

This is the Tashahhud now tell me how does it ''Intercedes'' Mohammed(saws):

Al Hamdu lillah, Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lahu wahdahu la sharika lah (All praise is for Allah, and I testify that there is none worth worshipping except the Almighty Allah, Who is One and has no partner).
Wa Ashhadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa Rasuluh (And I testify that Muhammad is His servant and messenger).
Alla humma salli ‘ala Muhammadin wa 'Alee Muhammad. (O Allah! Send Your blessings on Muhammad and his Household).

This is a other version of it:

"All blessings are for Allah. The peace of Allah be upon you, O Prophet, and His mercy and blessings. Peace be on us and on all righteous servants of Allah. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger."

Last edited:

F0uad

I have seen this article before actually. Its usage of Surah An-Nisa ayat 89 is heavily misleading since it does not continue with the following verse. An-Nisa was composed after a time of war. Meccan polytheists disliked Muhammad's teachings of monotheism and how he impacted the economy around Makkah making them lose control. The war was defensive in short.

How did you know it was revealed during a time of war without reading the hadiths?

Manna

Universalist
Someone is Hindu and someone a Muslim, then someone is Shia, and someone a Sunni, but recognize all human race as one and the same.

I second this. Religion brings us together because we have a belief in a God, and even though this God (or gods) is understood in different ways, he is still a manifestation of the same divine being - he is just expressed and understood in different religions.