• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistan Christians Fear Violence and Taliban Style Government

Sabio

Tuesday, July 19, 2005
By BosNewsLife News Center

ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN (BosNewsLife) -- Christians in Pakistan faced a new period of uncertainty Monday, July 18, amid news of increased violence against believers and the adoption of what human rights groups call "a move towards a Taliban-style government" in a key region.

"The Hasba Act [in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province]" adopted Friday, July 15, by the mainly Islamic local legislature will create "a department modeled on the repressive Department of Prevention of Vice and Promotion of Virtue in [neighboring] Afghanistan," said Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW).

"Page printed from:
http://www.worthynews.com/christian-persecution/pakistan-christian-fear-violence.html

Sabio

Sabio said:

Tuesday, July 19, 2005
By BosNewsLife News Center

ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN (BosNewsLife) -- Christians in Pakistan faced a new period of uncertainty Monday, July 18, amid news of increased violence against believers and the adoption of what human rights groups call "a move towards a Taliban-style government" in a key region.

"The Hasba Act [in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province]" adopted Friday, July 15, by the mainly Islamic local legislature will create "a department modeled on the repressive Department of Prevention of Vice and Promotion of Virtue in [neighboring] Afghanistan," said Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW).

"Page printed from:
http://www.worthynews.com/christian-persecution/pakistan-christian-fear-
violence.html
I thought that Islam was a peacful religion and accepted Jesus as a great Prophet? I would like to hear some opinions from some Moslems on this please.

Sabio

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Sabio, don't judge a whole religion on the actions of a few extremists. I doubt you'd want Christianity characterized as all Fred Phelps and abortion clinic bomers.

There are many peaceful Muslims who denounce violence.

Sabio

Maize said:
Sabio, don't judge a whole religion on the actions of a few extremists. I doubt you'd want Christianity characterized as all Fred Phelps and abortion clinic bomers.

There are many peaceful Muslims who denounce violence.
I agree, it would be good if some Moslems showed that example and commented on these terrible events.

Sabio