• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paganism and Indigenous Traditions

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I agree with many of your observations, @DavidMcCann. It's certainly something I've had to wrestle with myself in developing an internal classification system for Paganisms (of which I'd consider the contemporary varieties to be a somewhat distinct subset). All of that is probably a subject for another thread, though.

This thread is dead if yall want to talk about it here.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hah... that may be true, Carlita, but the topic is also too debate-promoting for a DIR. There are too many condescending and judgmental attitudes wrapped up in the topic of who does and doesn't deserve to be called such and such, and who does and doesn't belong as a such and such. And to be honest, I tend to avoid having those kinds of conversations in the first place... quite possibly because I was embittered to them by some experiences on a different forum many years ago.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hah... that may be true, Carlita, but the topic is also too debate-promoting for a DIR. There are too many condescending and judgmental attitudes wrapped up in the topic of who does and doesn't deserve to be called such and such, and who does and doesn't belong as a such and such. And to be honest, I tend to avoid having those kinds of conversations in the first place... quite possibly because I was embittered to them by some experiences on a different forum many years ago.

Rats! I typed a whole reply and it just went pop. Was trying to say, I was thinking that there should be a civilized and hopefully informative conversation about this topic without having a debate.

The key word being should. :oops: Hopefully.

:shrug:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Many a times, if you press reply again to that post, your reply re-appears. I have hardly ever lost a reply. It is not so with other forums.
ps - Press reply to the same post. Kudos to the XenForo, RF Forum software.

Last edited: