• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our universe is merging with 'baby universes', causing it to expand, new theoretical study suggests

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Fun research and it would to me be cool if experiments confirm this. And rather than "dark energy" perhaps we have a multiverse.

Our universe is merging with 'baby universes', causing it to expand, new theoretical study suggests

The universe is expanding faster and faster, but not all scientists agree that dark energy is the cause. Perhaps, instead, our universe keeps colliding with and absorbing smaller 'baby universes,' a new theoretical study suggests.
The authors' theory also addresses the problem of cosmological inflation — the mysterious super-rapid expansion that occurred in the early moments of the universe.
Although the authors' theory enables us to solve some important problems of modern cosmology, only observational data can validate their hypothesis. Many experiments are currently being carried out to study the properties of the microwave background, so scientists may be able to answer these fundamental questions in the near future.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Dr Laura Mersini-Houghton suggested something similar several years ago in universe from a multiverse hypothesis. Which has the unique features that there is observed evidence to back up her idea
There is a large patch on the cmb that suggests a collision of universes and a great swaith of galaxies, corresponding to the patch are moving the wrong way compared to the rest of the universe.