• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our only hope part1

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I have posted this before on another forum that turned into a long debate, this is not for debate.

Our Only Hope

That man has a heart (moral) problem is evident both in everyday life and through the witness of the Holy bible, one only has to turn on the news to see evidence of this and the bible declares it indisputably: Jer 17v9: The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Ps 53v2-3: God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

There have been several attempts to solve this problem throughout the ages, from the attempt by Calvin to enforce righteousness in Geneva and build Augustine’s’ city of God, right through to today’s psychotherapeutic techniques.
But nothing seems to work, psychologists try hypnotherapy or any one of myriads of treatments available to them to deal with peoples behavioural problems and problems of living but all they can offer in the end is techniques to help manage with the problem or brain chemicals to numb the mental processes, what they can never do is change a persons heart, a paedophile will learn techniques to cope with his urges but they are never cured and are always a risk to others, they will tell you that they can’t help it, you can’t choose what attracts you, they are really the victims of their upbringing and their environments, and the world accepts this kind of reasoning, sin is no longer called sin but unconscious motivated behaviour. And what about the many “Christian” ministries who think they can cure homosexuality through psychotherapy and counselling, I’ve watched programs when many of these sincere people genuinely believe that their sexuality is a psychological problem that needs to be dealt with so they go to ministers of God to help them and what do they get? Freudian and Jungian myths – the theories of Godless men, it seems much of the church doesn’t know the answer to men’s problems either. Of course they make it sound medical, certain parts of the brain are misfiring and creating too much of xyz hormones or whatever and needs to be balanced out, or the root course is buried deep in your “subconscious” and needs to be dealt with through hypnosis and catharsis. It’s all scientific you know or why don’t we put you in a trance and take you back to the situation where your problems are rooted and introduce Jesus to the problem, but the American Psychological Association appointed Dr. Sigmund Koch to plan and direct a study which was subsidized by the National Science Foundation. This study involved eighty eminent scholars assessing the facts, theories, and methods of psychology. The results of this extensive endeavour were published in a seven-volume series entitled Psychology: A Study of a Science.” Dr. Koch sums up the panel’s findings in these words: “I think it is by this time utterly and finally clear that psychology cannot be a coherent science.”
The belief that the mind is the brain is utter nonsense, where could a brain learn about love, Justice, truth, honesty, morals, what physical stimulus could create the information for these very real things? How heavy is hatred? What does anger smell like? The brain is a computer that your soul and spirit uses to interface with the physical world, it’s so obvious but many people look at the things going on there in the brain and say it is the cause of your behaviour but they won’t acknowledge that it could be the effects of the spirit interacting with the brain. There was a scientist who won a noble prize for his research on the brain (Sir John Eccles) who said the brain is a machine only a ghost can operate. Wilder Penfield, one of the world's leading neurosurgeons, declared, "The brain is a computer programmed by something independent of itself, the mind." You are not your brain, you are the ghost in the body no matter what people like Godless scientists try to tell you, your own conscience will tell you that if you allow it.
So now we’re back to the heart, the area of the non-physical, the spiritual which is beyond the realms of science to poke around in but no less real. Religion claims to have the answers and offers plenty of techniques to balance out your sins, from repeating mantras (including the rosary), to visiting holy places to gain acceptance with God or to become one with God to self flagellation and observing holy days. These still cannot change the root cause of sin, which is your heart. Mt 15v16-18: And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. Again the heart is the route source of sin it’s in our nature but it is contrary to God’s moral law. This law is written on the heart of every man, everywhere in the world it is known that it is wrong to steal, it is wrong to take another mans wife, it is wrong to lie to get another person into trouble, it is wrong to kill, it is wrong to take the name of God and use it for a swear word and it is just crazy to build something with your own hands out of your own imagination and call it God. Sin is this:

Jms 4v17: Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
You know in your conscience what is good, but you don’t always do it, God has given you light:
Jn 1v4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Jn 1v9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Rom 2v14: For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2v15: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
Rom 2v16: In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel

for the remainder read Our Only Hope Part 2

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
angellous_evangellous said:
Paul,

Is this your work or someone else's?

Our only hope is mine, there is a quote in there from an urgent call to a serious faith (dave hunt) about the research physchologists findings but the rest is what i've learned from the bible and different preachers and writers over time. It was originally in respone to a neuro scientist who calls himself AMERGIN on another forum.

A

angellous_evangellous

You don't want a debate... what do you want to happen with this thread? Do you want any interaction at all with your material? Or do you just want people to read it?

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
angellous_evangellous said:
You don't want a debate... what do you want to happen with this thread? Do you want any interaction at all with your material? Or do you just want people to read it?

I've put it here for other Christians to read in the hope that it may be of some use to them. Besides which Angelous I will doubtless be accused of proselyting as there is a call to Christ and repentance, He is presented as the Only Hope, I can't be accused of that in the Baptist DIR forum.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
We have all sinned, who can honestly deny it? Humans have broke Gods law and Gods wrath is against them, God will punish sin, he has set a day when he will judge each individual action and there is no escape from it.
Ex 34v7: Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

We ought to tremble before such a holy God, who can stand before him and justify themselves? Take a look at the cross, do you think God will not punish sin, hear the Lord Himself cry out in agony of Spirit Mt 27v46: And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? As he paid the penalty for the sins of the world, what a gift of love.
Rom 8v32: He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Nothing is hidden from his sight, there will be no pulling the wool over his eyes, he will take no bribes but will judge in righteousness, there will be no suspended sentence no community service but everlasting destruction from his presence which is the source of all the good things you enjoy in life:
2Thes 1v8-9: In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
But God loves you and does not want this to be your fate, see here:
Ezek 18v32: For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye
Isa 45v12: I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Isa 45v22: Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
2Pt 3v9: The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
God does not want you to be separated from all the goodness He has in store for those who love Him, He wants to share all He has with you and give you the love your soul so desperately craves. So He Himself has made a way for you to escape.
Jn 3v14-19: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jesus, God manifest in the flesh (1tim 3v16), took the punishment for the sins of the world upon Himself on the cross, He was able to do this because He made the world and all that is in it, His death is of infinite value because He is infinite, The Father laid on Him the sins of us all to reconcile us to Himself. Jesus is the bridge to bring us to God, consider that a bridge must touch both sides of the two places it brings together, 1Pt 3v18: For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
So just as God provided a way of escape for those who entered the ark before His judgement punished those who dwell on the earth, He now calls you to believe on His Name, put all your trust on Him alone for your salvation. His blood is a shelter from the judgement to come. If you put faith in Him and trust His blood for an atonement for your sins, His blood will be sprinkled on your soul:
1Pt 1v2: Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Heb 12v24: And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
And when God sees the blood He will Passover you and count you righteous and sanctified ,set apart as holy to Him, not because of your goodness but because of the efficacy of that precious blood.
Hell was not made for you:
Mt 25v41: Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: but if you continue in the joint rebellion against God with the devil and his angels you will share the fate of them too. So:
Heb 12v25: See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
And finally hear this plea from the Holy Ghost Himself:
Ps 95v6-8: O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3v7-8: Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness

Choose the way of the cross, though it’s harder now it is only for a short time:

O joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee:
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

O cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee
I lay in dust lifes glory dead
and from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be

George Matheson 1842-1906
Rom 8:38-39,Col 1:19-29,Neh 8v10