• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Awesome God

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
It is important not to try to go beyond and exceed that which is written in the book. Mans definitions are pointless and will only lead to disagreements as every mans thoughts are different. This is why we need a central authority, the Word of God:

God is a Spirit:

Jn 4v24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Holy:

Rv 4v8: And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

He is eternal:

Ps 90v2: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
1Tm 1v17: Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Full of justice, goodness and truth:

Ex 34v6-7: And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

He is Love:

1Jn 4v8: He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

He is powerful and there is nothing He does not understand:

Ps 147v5: Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

He is the only true God and He is one:

Jer 10v10: But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
Deut 6v4: Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

All other gods are false gods and will utterly perish:

Jer 10v11: Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

There are three persons in the Godhead:

1Jn 5v7: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Mt 28v19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mt 3v16-17: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2Cor 13v14: The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Ti 2v13: Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Rom 15v6: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 5v3-4: But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God

Col 2v2: That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

There is no earthly comparison with which compare God, He is unique.

Ex 9v14: For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like me in all the earth.
Isa 46v9: Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Isa 40v18: To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?
Acts 17v29: Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

All these statements are plain, they require no interpretation, no understanding of Greek or Hebrew, the Word of God has it’s own definitions and these things can be understood by simple men. Over complicating it is a folly of pride and a desire to have a special knowledge of the divine that no one else has usually to exert authority over the simple. Holding on to these plain truths will give you a sound knowledge of God but knowing about Him is only the start.
You can know Him personally and to know Him personally is to have life eternal:

Jn 17v3: And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I know I am not supposed to debate within this section of the forums, but I suppose it would not hurt if I state some things.

Ex 9v14: For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like me in all the earth.
To me, this sounds like a person who has low self esteem, and who has to prove his power by hurting others.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.

The Scriptures can say God is good and just, but actions speak louder than words.

“I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.” -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Seraphiel said:
I don't want to be rude, but. Is this a discussion or a monolog?

*** MOD POST ***
It's a discussion, but since it is on the Baptist DIR forum, only other Baptists or non-Baptists who have respectful questions about the subject matter addressed in the OP should be contributing to the thread.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I missed all the fun, I didn't realise all this was going on while i was debating the truth.

Seraphiel
I don't want to be rude, but. Is this a discussion or a monolog?

Yes a monologue open for discussion. It was posted for the edification of other believers, sometimes it's good to build up rather than destroy all the time.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I guess i forget one:

The Lord does not forget persecution of His people but will avenge:

1Sam 15v2: Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

Praise the Lord for His love for His people.