• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other halls besides Valhalla?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'm still very new to Norse/Germanic religion, so the only hall I know the name of is Valhalla. What are the other ones?

lunakilo

I'm still very new to Norse/Germanic religion, so the only hall I know the name of is Valhalla. What are the other ones?
I don't really believe in the old gods, but I love north mythology, so I hope you don't mind me trying to answer your question.
I haven't been kicked out of the DIR yet for sticking my nose where is doesn't belong, so hopefully I won't this time either. :)

I tried to find a list for you, but I couldn't find a web page with that information.
My best suggestion is to go through the individual gods and find their halls/dwellings/fields. Most of the mayor gods have a hall or the like attached to the.

You could simply use wikipedia as a starting point: List of Germanic deities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some examples...
Thor: Bilskirnir. And he has Thrudvang located in Trudheim
Freya: Sessrúmnir in Fólkvang
Balder: Breidablik

lunakilo

Oh, and I just found this yahoo answer:

Valhalla - the hall of the slain (Odin's)
Sessrúmnir. - Freyja's hall
Bilskirnir - Thor's hall
Himinbjorg - Heimdall's hall
Breidablik - Baldr's hall
Glitnir - Forseti's hall
Nóatún- Njord's hall

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I don't really believe in the old gods, but I love north mythology, so I hope you don't mind me trying to answer your question.

That's actually why I asked here instead of the Asatru or Heathenry DIR. ^_^

Thanks, I'll look into what you've given me.